英语家园

 找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问移动社区

搜索

视频商务英语口语17 : comparing products and prices(1)含文本

发布者: daisy95071 | 发布时间: 2007-11-21 11:43| 查看数: 2671| 评论数: 1|

[wmv]http://images.edu-edu.com.cn/video/eng/unit17.wmv[/wmv]

最新评论

daisy95071 发表于 2007-11-21 11:44:05
KATE MCKENNA: The Boss isn' t doing as well as we had hoped.

凯特.麦凯纳:“大老板”销售没有我们预计的好。

We didn' t launch at the right time.

我们推出产品的时间不太合适。

I myself don' t think the market was ready for us.

我本人认为市场还不成熟。

Dealer Dan came later and cheaper...Maybe we should move downmarket in a couple of key territories.

“商人丹”推出的时间迟,价格又便宜…… 或许我们该在几个主要地区把市场放在低收入消费者身上。

EDWARD GREEN: Excuse me, can I interrupt?

爱德华.格林:打扰一下,我能插一句吗?

DON BRADLEY: Sure.

堂.布拉德利:当然。

EDWARD GREEN: I' ve just had a call from Danny Mcneil at Eromart.

爱德华.格林:我刚刚接到丹尼.麦克内尔的电话。

EDWARD GREEN: I' ve just had a call from Danny Mcneil at Eromart.

爱德华.格林:我刚刚接到丹尼.麦克内尔的电话。

KATE MCKENNA: Oh really?

凯特.麦凯纳:哦,真的吗?

EDWARD GREEN: He wants a meeting to discuss discounts.

爱德华.格林:他想开个会讨论一下优惠的问题。

Although he' s talking about a substantial order, he wants better terms than I can authorise.

尽管他说的订货数量很大,但他要的条件已经超出了给我的授权。

Would you prefer to deal with him yourself?

你要不要亲自处理?

DON BRADLEY: How larger a discount does he want?

堂.布拉德利:他要多大的优惠?

EDWARD GREEN: He didn' t say.

爱德华.格林:他不肯说。

But I think it' s higher than anything we' ve ever given before.

但我想比我们之前所有的优惠都高。

He loved the product, though.

不过,他到是喜欢这件产品。

I think he' s ready to negotiate.

我认为他是可以沟通的。

ON BRADLEY: I think it' s time that we worked on this together.

堂.布拉德利:我认为到了我们齐心协力做这件事情的时候了。

Do you agree?

你同意吗?

EDWARD GREEN: Yes!

爱德华.格林:同意!

KATE MCKENNA: Edward, are you coming down to the workshop?

凯特.麦凯纳:爱德华,你要来研发室吗?

Derek wants to show us his latest idea.

德里克想给我们看一下他最新的想法。

EDWARD GREEN: Okay. I' ll join you later.

爱德华.格林:好的。我过会来。

DON BRADLEY: No, I think Derek wants to talk to the whole team.

堂.布拉德利:不,我认为德里克想告诉整个团队。

Come on!

来吧!

KATE MCKENNA: Well, it' s a terrific idea, but how much will it cost to develop?

凯特.麦凯纳:嗯,是个好注意,但生产出来要多少成本?

DEREK JONES: Not as much as you think.

德里克.琼斯:不会比你想的多。

KATE MCKENNA: It will be too expensive.

凯特.麦凯纳:会太贵的。

DEREK JONES: No, not really.

德里克.琼斯:不,不会。

I have prepared a long, detailed, careful analysis of the development costs.

我已经准备了一份详尽严谨的生产成本分析。

See for yourself.

你们自己看吧。

KATE MCKENNA: It will never sell.

凯特.麦凯纳:销路不会好。

Who' s the market for this?

谁是目标市场?

DEREK JONES: It is more upmarket than Big Boss but it will still appeal to kids as well as executives and office workers.

德里克.琼斯:这比“大老板”还要接近高消费市场,但也会吸引儿童以及经理人和办公室工作人员。

KATE MCKENNA: But that' s the problem Derek.

凯特.麦凯纳:不过,德里克,这就是问题所在啊。

There' s no market focus.

没有市场焦点。

Do you remember the Easirite two years ago?

你还记得两年前的Easirite 吗?

We had a beautiful well-designed but expensive product.

我们这款产品外表美观、设计精美但价格太高。

It was great.

产品很不错。

Parents and children could both use it.

家长和孩子们都用。

But could we sell it?

但我们有卖动吗?

No, it failed because we hadn' t defined our market.

没有,我们没有成功就是因为没有划定市场。

DEREK JONES: But this is different.

德里克.琼斯:但这款不同。

This is more fun than Easirite.

这个比Easirite还有趣。

DON BRADLEY: The costings look okay, but it has too many moving parts.

堂.布拉德利:生产费还好,不过活动的部件太多。

DEREK JONES: So does a car, but that seems to sell.

德里克.琼斯:汽车也是这样啊,还不是照卖不误。

KATE MCKENNA: That' s not the point.

凯特.麦凯纳:问题不在这里。

The more moving parts you have the more likely something will go wrong

活动的部件越多,出错的可能性就越大。

DEREK JONES: I don' t agree.

德里克.琼斯:我不同意。

DON BRADLEY: Let' s just hold on a second and think about this.

堂.布拉德利:我们先等等,仔细考虑一下。

Derek, you like the concept and think it will sell; Kate, you can' t see a market for it.

德里克,你喜欢这个概念,并且认为会有市场;凯特,你认为不会有市场。

KATE MCKENNA: I can' t see where it fits in our product range.

凯特.麦凯纳:我看不出这件产品该归入那个系列。

DON BRADLEY: I' m inclined to agree with Kate.

堂.布拉德利:我倾向凯特的意见。

This is much more expensive than anything else we market.

这件产品比我们销售的任何产品都贵。

KATE MCKENNA: Although it' s a wonderful idea, we just won' t be able to sell it.

凯特.麦凯纳:虽然想法很棒,我们却卖不动。

You must see that yourself, Derek.

德里克,你本人也一定是这样看的吧。

DEREK JONES: Well not really...

德里克.琼斯:也不是……

DON BRADLEY: Edward, what do you think?

堂.布拉德利:爱德华, 你认为怎么样?

EDWARD GREEN: Can I just check something here Derek?

爱德华.格林:德里克,我能不能先确认一下?

Are you saying that there is a plastic thin enough and flexible enough to make this realistic?

你是不是在说有这样一种够细又够柔韧的塑料来使这一切成为现实?

DEREK JONES: Exactly.

德里克.琼斯:一点不错。

EDWARD GREEN: That' s brilliant.

爱德华.格林:太好了。

On paper, I think it' s the most remarkable thing I' ve seen.

从理论上来说,我认为那是我见过的最非凡的东西。

DON BRADLEY: Well, maybe Edward has something.

堂.布拉德利:或许爱德华有这方面的资料。

Maybe we ought to have a closer look.
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表