STEVE:I'm going over to the gym. I want to do some running.
我要去健身房。我想跑步去。
JOSEPH:Why don't you run outside?
你为什么不在外面跑呢?
STEVE:Are you kidding? Do you know how cold it is today?
你在开玩笑吧?你知道现在外面有多冷吗?
JOSEPH:Yeah, I suppose. I guess it isn't healthy to run in this weather.
是的,我想是。在这种天气下跑步不是很健康。
STEVE:No, it's not. Not at all. I'd probably freeze my lungs(n.肺).
不,一点都不。我很可能将我的肺都冻坏了。
JOSEPH:Wait for me a minute. I'll go over to the gym too.
等一下。我也要去健身房。
STEVE:You?
你?
JOSEPH:Yes, why not? Just let me get my gym clothes(n.健身衣) together.
是的,为什么不呢?让我拿一下我的健身衣。
STEVE:I didn't know you could exercise.
我不知道你还能锻炼。
JOSEPH:What do you mean by that? Everyone can exercise!
你什么意思?每个人都能锻炼!
STEVE:Yeah, I know. But you? I always thought you were only good at lifting beer bottles to your mouth.
是,我知道。但是你?我总认为你只擅长拿起啤酒,把嘴里灌呢。
JOSEPH:No, not at all. I was on the swimming team in high school. And I'd like to do some weight training (n.举重训练). They have decent equipment at that gym.
不,才不是。我在高中时候是游泳队的。我想做一些举重训练。在健身房里有不错的健身器材。
STEVE:You're going to lift weights? Hah!
你想举重吗?哈!
JOSEPH:Are you laughing at me?
你在嘲笑我吗?
STEVE:I'm sorry. I just can't imagine you lifting weights.
我很抱歉。我就是无法想象你举重的样子。
JOSEPH:Maybe not. But I want to start. I need to get in shape.I feel these past couple months that my energy is low.
或许是。但是我想开始练起来。我要保持健美。我感到过去的几个月中,我的情绪很低落。
STEVE:It's true. If a person doesn't exercise, they get sluggish (adj.懒散的).That's why I keep running. Even in the winter.
是的。如果一个人不锻炼,就会变得懒散。这就是为什么我要坚持锻炼。即使在冬天。
JOSEPH:Well, then maybe I need to change my character, don't I?I don't want to become a fat slob (n.胖人).