本帖最后由 AOI 于 2011-10-29 00:30 编辑
新英语900句第十四课情景对话
Dialogue 1:
A: What are you reading, honey?
你正在读什么,亲爱的?
B: It's something sent by the University of Ohio, Dad.
是俄亥俄大学寄来的一些东西,爸爸。
A: I thought you were thinking about going to Florida State
University.
我还以为你在考虑读佛罗里达州立大学呢。
B: I was, but this looks interesting.
我本来是的,但这个看起来也不错。
A: Why is that?
何以见得?
B: It's hard to say. I think I just like the feel of Ohio better.
很难说清楚。我想我就是喜欢俄亥俄的感觉多一些。
A: Is that all? No other difference?
就那么多了吗?没其他分别了吗?
B: Well, I think Ohio has a better biology department than Florida.
我想俄亥俄的生物系比佛罗里达的好一些。
A: Is that what you want to study?
那是你想要学的吗?
B: I think so, but I may change my mind after four years.
是的。但也许在4年后我会改变主意。
A: Just make sure you decide on something you enjoy. That's the most
important thing.
一定要选定你喜欢的东西。那是最重要的。
B: That's also the most difficult thing. I'll keep thinking about it.
那又是最难作决定的。我会继续考虑的。
Dialogue 2:
A: Today was just awful.
今天倒霉透了。
B: Why? What happened?
为什么?发生什么事了?
A: I was two hours late for work. That stupid car broke down again.
我上班迟到了两个小时。那辆破车又坏了。
B: Again? We just had it serviced last month.
又坏了?我们上个月才拿去修过。
A: I think we need to give up and admit that the car had died.
我想我们得放弃了。干脆承认那车子已经完蛋了。
B: Yeah, I guess you're right.
是啊,我想你是对的。
A: Do you think we can afford another?
你认为我们能再买一辆吗?
B: We may just have to share my car for a while.
我们也许暂时得用我那一辆车。
A: Yes, but that's awfully inconvenient.
是的,但那太不方便了。
B: I agree, but what can we do?
我知道,但我们又能怎么办呢?
A: My friend's father owns a car dealership. Maybe he can help us.
我朋友的爸爸是卖汽车的。也许他能帮到我们。
B: Maybe. But we can't afford too much right now.
也许吧。但我们目前付不起太多的钱。
Dialogue 3:
A: Do you know what we need to do?
你知道我们要做什么吗?
B: What?
什么?
A: We need to start a college fund for Tyler.
我们需要开始为泰勒准备上大学的钱。
B: But he's not yet four years old. He won't be in college for another
fourteen years.
但他连4岁都不到。他还有14年才上大学呢。
A: Yes, but it's never too early to start saving.
是的,但赚钱是越早开始越好的。
B: Do you really think so?
你真的是这样想的吗?
A: I just read an article about how expensive college is already. It's
only going to get more expensive.
我刚读到一篇文章,讲到读大学已经非常昂贵了,而且只会越来越贵。
B: I have heard that some families start very early saving for
college.
我听说过一些家庭很早就开始为大学赚钱了。
A: I think we should as well. If you want, I'll call an accountant
tomorrow.
我想我们也应该了。如果你要的话,我明天就叫一个会计师。
B: Okay, give him a call and see what he says.
好的,给他打个电话,看他怎么说。
Dialogue 4:
A: Hey, Sean, do you know what you're doing after graduation?
嗨,肖恩,你知道毕业后要做什么了吗?
B: No idea. What about you?
不知道,您呢?
A: Actually, I've been considering a job in China.
事实上,我一直在考虑在中国找一份工作。
B: Really? Doing what?
真的吗?做什么呢?
A: Teaching English.
教英语。
B: Are you going to take the job?
你打算以这个为职业吗?
A: I'll probably take it. It's a big change.
我可能会。这是一个大转变。
B: I don't know anything about the place.
我对这个地方一无所知。
A: I think I'll like it. How bad could it be?
我想我会喜欢它的。它能坏到哪里去呢?
B: It's probably a good opportunity. And you won't have a better time
later in life.
可能这是一个好机会。以后的生活中你再也找不到比那更好的时光了。
A: That's probably true. I think it could be interesting.
可能那是对的,我想应该会很有趣。
B: Anyway, it sounds better than my plans. Good luck.
不管怎么样,听起来也好过我的计划。祝你好运。
Dialogue 5:
A: I'm thinking about quitting my job.
我正考虑把我的工作辞掉。
B: Well, this is a sudden decision.
这确是一个突然的决定。
A: Actually, I've been sort of thinking about it for a little while.
事实上我已经想了一段时间了。
B: You could have told me earlier.
你应该早点告诉我。
A: I'm telling you now. Anyway, I haven't made up my mind yet.
我现在不就在告诉你吗。不管怎么说,我还没拿定主意呢。
B: Why do you want to quit?
你为什么要辞职呢?
A: I'm just not happy there. I don't think I have much of a future
with my company.
我只是在那里不开心。我觉得我在我那个公司没有什么前途。
B: What do you think you want to do?
你想要干什么呢?
A: I don't know. I haven't really thought about it.
我不知道。我还没认真想过。
B: Well, you probably should think about it before you do anything too
drastic
在你还没作出什么台仓促的决定之前也许你应该考虑清楚
|
|
|