英语家园

 找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问移动社区

搜索

纽约居民疫情期间骑自行车出行

发布者: 五毒 | 发布时间: 2020-7-2 03:02| 查看数: 711| 评论数: 0|



New York City streets pre coronavirus were places where bikes had to share the road with cars and cabs.

在疫情爆发之前,纽约市的自行车必须与汽车和出租车共享车道。

But because of present conditions, bikes have taken over Manhattan avenues and demand for them has been increasing.

但是由于当前的情况,自行车占据了曼哈顿的大街小巷,而且自行车的需求量持续上涨。

We got big planter, we used to work in different shops, but we seen your faces people started riding more to, you know, commuting.

我们有个大种植园主,我们过去在不同的商店里工作,但我们发现人们更多地开始骑自行车进行通勤。

Yeah I see that more. People started taking out the bikes out of the basement, that's good.

是的,我见到的更多。人们开始从地下室拿出自行车,这很棒。

So they can you know less traffic in the trains and less people closer, so they can have social distancing.

所以,你知道,火车交通会减少,人们减少密集,这样他们可以保持社交距离。

Bikes are an attractive means of transport for many reasons, the cost, there was no problem with parking and New York City has loads of bike repair shops.

自行车是一种很吸引人的交通方式,原因有很多,价格便宜,没有停车问题,在纽约有很多自行车修理店。

Those who still use the subway see as encouraging them to respect social distancing rules.

那些仍在使用地铁的人认为这是在鼓励他们遵守社会距离规则。

That's easy though because trains are mostly empty due to the mandatory lockdowns and businesses shifting to teleworking.

不过,这很容易,因为由于强制封锁和企业转向远程办公,火车大多是空的。

I'm a tiny little bit of relaxed, but I'm still very careful.

我有点放松,但我仍旧很小心。

Cuz I know that we cannot let the guard down, even though I'm not wearing a mask right now.

因为我知道我们不能放下防备,即使我现在没有戴口罩。

I just walked. I don't take the subway anymore. So I just walk around my neighborhood.

我刚刚步行。我不再坐地铁了。所以我就在附近走来走去。

I walked here today from 91st Street. Yeah we're sure.

我今天从91街走到这里,是的,我们确定。

I haven't been in the subway since March 15th no 13th. March 13th.

从3月15日起,我就再也没有坐过地铁了。3月13日。

As for the recent bike race it didn't happen overnight.

至于最近的自行车比赛,这不是一夜之间发生的。

It took people time to consider whether they even wanted to venture outside.

人们花了很长时间来考虑他们是否想出去冒险。

I feel like everyone was just kind of scared and staying indoors.

我觉得每个人都有点害怕,就呆在室内。

Like the end of April is when things really started to pick up, people want to avoid public transportation.

就像四月底,疫情开始好转时,人们想要避免乘坐公共交通。

It's a lot safer to go on a bike.

骑自行车更安全一点。

And also it's helped that the gyms are closed so this is the only way that people can get you know exercise.

健身房关门也很有帮助,所以这是让人们知道锻炼的唯一方法。

And for frontline workers such as doctors and nurses, it's a less costly way for them to get to their jobs.

对于医生和护士等一线工作人员来说,对他们来说,这是一种成本较低的工作方式。

We have some nurses from out of states, so they've been using the bikes which is great.

我们有一些来自州外的护士,所以他们一直在用自行车,这太棒了。

And I will also providing them take discount.

我也会给他们打折。

So it helps them, it helps us.

所以这对他们有帮助,这对我们有帮助。

If this bike trance takes, Manhattan may never fully go back to transportation the way it was pre coronavirus.

如果自行车道修好了,曼哈顿也许永远不会完全回到冠状病毒爆发前的交通方式了。

For Guinea Masloff in New York VOA news

美国之音新闻,几内亚·马斯洛夫纽约报道。



最新评论

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表