QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问移动社区

搜索

ferly's diary

发布者: ferly | 发布时间: 2006-6-24 16:35| 查看数: 97866| 评论数: 235|

最新评论

ferly 发表于 2006-10-15 17:40:28
<p><strong>Lesson38 everything except the weather</strong></p><p><strong>My old friend, Harrison, had lived in the Mediterranean for many years before he returned to England.<br/>He <u>had often dreamded</u> of retiring in England and <u>had planed to settle down</u> in the country.<br/>He <u>had no sooner</u> returned <u>than </u>he bought a house and went to live there.<br/><u>Almost immediately</u> he began to complain about the weather, for<u> even though</u> it was still summer, it rained continually and it was bitterly cold.<br/>After so many years sunshine, Harrison got a shock. He acted <u>as if</u> he had never lived in England before.<br/>In the end, it was <u>more than he could bear</u>.<br/>He <u>had hardly</u> had time to settle down <u>when</u> he sold the house and left the country.<br/>The dream he had had for so many years ended there.<br/>Harrison had thought about everything <u>except</u> the weather.</strong></p>[em02][em02][em02][em02][em02][em02]i like golden coines
[此贴子已经被作者于2006-10-15 17:41:14编辑过]

ferly 发表于 2006-10-15 17:56:53
<p><strong>Lesson37 The Olympic Games</strong></p><p><strong>The Olympic Games will be held in our town in four years' time.<br/>As a great many people will be visiting the country, goverment will be building new hotels, an immense stadium, and a new Olympic- Standard swimming pool. They will also be building new roads and a special railway line.<br/>The Games will be held just outside the capital and the whole area will be called 'Olympic City'.<br/>Workers will have completed the new roads in the end of this year.<br/>In the end of next year, they will have finished work on the new stadium.<br/>The fantastic modern buildings have been designed by Kurt Gunter.<br/>Everybody<u> will be watching anxiously as</u> the new buildings <u>go up</u>.<br/>We are all very excited and <u>looking forward</u> the Olympic Games, because they have never been held <u>before</u> in this country.</strong></p>[em04][em04][em04][em04][em04][em03][em03][em03][em03][em08][em08][em08][em08][em11][em11][em11][em11][em11][em16][em16][em16][em16][em16][em18][em18][em18][em18][em19][em19][em19][em22][em22][em22][em30][em30][em30][em32][em32][em32][em32][em39][em39][em39][em39][em35][em35][em35][em42][em42][em42][em42][em43][em43][em43]
[此贴子已经被作者于2006-10-15 17:57:28编辑过]

ferly 发表于 2006-10-15 18:08:03
<p><strong>REVIEW esson35 Stop thief</strong></p><p><strong>Roy Trenton used to drive a taxi.<br/>A short while ago, however, he became a bus driver and he has not regretted it.<br/>He is finding his new work for more exciting.<br/>When he was driving along Catford Street recently, he saw two thieves rush out of a shop and run towards a waiting car. One of them was carring a bag full of money.<br/>Roy acted quickly and drove the bus straight at the thieves. <br/>The one with the money got such a fright that he dropped the bag.<br/>As the thieves were trying to get away in their car, Roy drove his bus into the back of it.<br/>While the battered car was moving away, Roy stopped his bus and telephoned the police.<br/>The thieves' car was badly damaged and easy to recognize.<br/>Shortly afterwards, the police stopped the&nbsp; car and both men were arrested.</strong></p>
ferly 发表于 2006-10-15 18:17:13
<p><strong>REVIEW:</strong></p><p><strong>Lesson32&nbsp; Shopping made easy</strong></p><p><strong>eople are not so honest as they once were.<br/>The temptation to steal is greater than ever before---especially in large shops.<br/>A detective recently watched a well-dressed woman who always went into a large store on Monday mornings.<br/>One Monday, there were fewer people in the shop than usual when the woman came in.<br/>so it was easier for the detective to watch her.<br/>The woman first bought a few small articles.<br/>After a little time, she chose one of the expencive dresses in the shop and handed it to an assistant who wrapped it up for her as quickly as possible.<br/>Then she simply took the parcle and walked out of the shop without paying.<br/>When she was arrested, the detective found out that the shop assistant was her daughter, the girl 'gave' her mother a free dress once a week. </strong></p>
ferly 发表于 2006-10-15 18:26:14
<p><strong>REVIEW:</strong></p><p><strong>lesson24&nbsp; It could be worse<br/>I entered the hotel manager's office and sat down.<br/>I had just lost $50 and i felt very upset.<br/>'I left the money in my room, I said. 'but it's not there now.'<br/>The manage was sympathetic but he could do nothing. <br/>Everyone's losing money these day, he said.<br/>Then he started to complain about this wicked world but was interrupted by a knock at the door.<br/>A girl came in and put an envelope on his desk.<br/>It contained $50.<br/>I found this outside this gentleman's room. she said.<br/>Well, i said to the manager, there is still some honesty in this world.</strong></p>[em04]
david 发表于 2006-10-16 09:29:08
tea,好久没看你来聊天室了哦,这段时间的课都是我在上阿,快快回来上课吧
tea 发表于 2006-10-16 09:29:50
今晚就归队。
ferly 发表于 2006-10-16 09:31:01
<div class="quote"><b>以下是引用<i>tea</i>在2006-10-16 9:16:43的发言:</b><br/><p>ferly学习好认真,我跟你的差距越来越大啦。</p><p>赶紧追吧!</p>[em05][em05][em05][em05][em43][em43]</div><p></p><p><font face="Comic Sans MS" color="#2200aa" size="4" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #eeeeee;">嘿嘿, <font color="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff;">
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复
</p>
[此贴子已经被作者于2006-10-16 9:31:28编辑过]

ferly 发表于 2006-10-19 09:41:14
<p>Lesson41 Do you call that a hat</p><p>Do you call that a hat? i said to my wife.<br/>You needn't be so rude about it, my wife answered as she looked at herself in the mirror.<br/>I sat down on of those modern chairs with holes in it and waited.<br/>We had been in the hat shop for half an hour and my wife was still in front of the mirror.<br/>We mustn't buy things we don't need. I remarked suddenly, i regretted saying it almost at once.<br/>You needn't&nbsp; have said that, my wife answered, i needn't remind you that terrible tie you bought yesterday.<br/>I find it beautiful, i said, a man can never have too many ties.<br/>and a woman can't have too many hats. she answered,<br/>Ten minutes later we wolked out of the shop together. <br/>My wife was wearing a hat that looked like a lighthouse.<br/></p>
ferly 发表于 2006-10-19 09:41:30
<p>review</p><p>Lesson39 Am i all right<br/>While John Gilbert was in hospital, he asked his doctor to tell him whether his operation had been successful,but the doctor refused to do so.<br/>The following day, the patient asked for a bedside telephone.<br/>When he was alone, he telephoned the hospital exchange and asked for doctor Milllington.<br/>When the doctor Millington answered the phone, Mr. gilbert said he was inquiring about a certain patient, a Mr. John Gilbert.<br/>He asked if Mr.Gilbert's operation had been successful and the doctor told him that it had been.<br/>He then asked when Mr. Gilbert would be allowed to go home and the doctor told him that he would have to stay in hospital for another two weekes.<br/>Then Dr. Millington asked the caller if he was a relative of the patient.<br/>No, the patient answered, i am Mr. John Gilbert.<br/></p>
ferly 发表于 2006-10-19 09:41:50
<p>review</p><p>Lesson36 Across the channel<br/>Tebbie Hart is going to swim across the English Channel tomorrow.<br/>She is going to set out from the French coast at five o'clock in the morning.<br/>Debbie is only eleven years old and she hopes to set up a new world record.<br/>She is a strong swimmer and many people feel that she is sure to succeed.<br/>Debbie's father will set out with her in a small boat.<br/>Mr. Hart has trained his daughter for years.<br/>Tomorrow he will be watching her anxiously as she swims the long distance to England.<br/>Debbie intends to take short rests every two hours.<br/>She will have something to drink and she will not eat any solid food.<br/>Debbie's school friends will be waiting for her on the England coast.<br/>Among them will be Debbie's mother, who swam the Channel herself&nbsp; when she was a girl.<br/></p>
ferly 发表于 2006-10-19 10:29:21
<strong>Lesson28&nbsp; No parking<br/>Jasper white is one of those rare people who belive ancient myths.<br/>He has just bought a&nbsp; new house in the city.<br/>but ever since he moved in, he has had trouble with cars and their owners.<br/>When he returns home at night, he always finds that someone has parked a car outside his gate.<br/>because of this, he has not been able to get his own car into his garage even once.<br/>Jaspar has put up 'No Parking' signs outside his gate, but these have not had any effect.<br/>Now he has put up an ugly stone head over the gate, it is one of the ugliest faces i have ever seen. I asked him what it was and he told me that is was Meduse, the gorgon. <br/>Jasper hopes that she will turn cars and their owners to stone,<br/>but none of them has been turned to stone yet.</strong>
ferly 发表于 2006-10-23 00:27:16
<strong>Lesson45 A clear conscience<br/>First listen and then answer the question<br/>how did Sam get his money back?<br/>The whole village soon learnt that a large sum of money had been lost.<br/>Sam benton, the local butcher, had lost his wallet while taking his saving to the post office.<br/>Sam was sure that his wallet must had been found by one of the villagers, but it was not returned to him.<br/>Three months passed, and then one morning, sam found his wallet outside his front door.<br/>it had been wrapped up in a newspaper and it contained half of the money he had lost,together with a note, which said:a thief, yes,&nbsp; but only 50 per cent a thief.<br/>Two months later, some more money was sent to sam, with another note, only 25 per cent a thief now.<br/>In time, all sam's money was paid bake in this way.<br/>The last note said: i am 100 per cent honest know.<br/></strong>
ferly 发表于 2006-10-23 00:27:38
<p><strong>Lesson44 Through the forest<br/>First listen and then answer the question</strong></p><p><strong>Mrs. Anne Sterling did not think of the risk that she was taking when she ran through a forest after two men.<br/>They had rushed up to her while she was having a picnic at the edge of a forest with her children and tried to steal her handbag.<br/>In the struggle , the strap broke and, with the bag in their possession, both men started running through the trees.<br/>Mrs. Sterlling got so angry that she ran after them. she was soon out of the breath, but she continued to run.<br/>when she caught up with them , she saw that they had sat down and were going through the contents of the bag.<br/>She ran straight at them.<br/>the men got such a fright that they dropped the bag and ran away.<br/>The strap needs mending, said Mrs. sterling later.<br/>but they did not steal anything.<br/></strong></p>
ferly 发表于 2006-10-23 00:27:56
<p>Lesson43 over the South Pole</p><p>In 1929, three years after his flight over the North Pole, the America explorer, R.E byrd, successfully flew over the South Pole for the first time.<br/>Through, at first, Byrd and his men were able to take a great many photographs of the mountains that lay below, they soon ran into serious trouble.<br/>At one point, it seems certain that their plane would crash.<br/>It could only get over the mountains if it rose to 10,000 feet.<br/>Byrd at once ordered his men to throw out two heavy food sacks.<br/>The plane was then able to rise and it cleared the mountains by 400 feet.<br/>Byrd now knew that he would able to reach the South Pole which was 300 miles away.<br/>for there were no more mountains in sight.<br/>The aircraft was able to fly over the endless white plains without difficulty.</p>[em04]
ferly 发表于 2006-10-24 00:02:40
<p><strong>Lesson46 expensive and uncomfortale<br/>First listen and then answer the question:<br/>what did the man in this stroy do?<br/>When a plane from London arrieved at Sydney airport.<br/>wokers began to unload a number of wooden boxes which contained clothing.<br/>No one could account for the fact that one of the boxes was extremely heavy.<br/>It suddenly occurred to one of workers to open up the box.<br/>he was astonished at what he found.<br/>a man was liying in the box on top of the pile of the woollen goods.<br/>he was so surprised at being discovered that he did not even try to run away.<br/>After he was arrested, the man admitted hiding in the box before the plane left London.<br/>He had had a long uncomfortalbe trip for he had been confined to the wooden box for over eighteen hours.<br/>The man was ordered to pay $3,500 for the cost of the trip.<br/>The normal price of a ticket is $2,000 .</strong></p><p><strong><br/></strong>&nbsp;</p>[em04][em04][em04]lazy, lazy,,lazy girl!!
redwheat 发表于 2006-10-25 18:36:08
Don't say that again,haha. You are a very diligent girl,not a lazy girl![em10][em10][em10][em10][em10][em10][em10][em10]
ferly 发表于 2006-10-26 23:01:53
<p><strong>Lesson 49 The end of a dream</strong></p><p><strong>How did the dream end?</strong></p><p><strong>Tired of sleeping on the floor, a young man in Teheran saved up for years to buy a real bed.<br/>For the first time in his life, he became the proud owner of a bed which had springs and mattress.<br/>Because the weather was very hot, he carried the bed on to the roof of his house.<br/>He slept very well for the first two nights, but on the third night, a strom blew up.<br/>A gust wind swept the bed off the roof and sent it crashing into the courtyard below.<br/>The young man did not wake up until the bed struck the ground.<br/>Although the bed was smashed to pieces, the man was miraculously unhurt.<br/>When he woke up , he was still on the mattress.<br/>Glancing at the bits of wood and matal that lay around him, the man sadly pick up the mattress and carried it into his house.<br/>After he had put it down the floor, he promptly went to sleep again.</strong></p>
ferly 发表于 2006-10-26 23:06:00
<p><strong>Lesson48 did you want to tell me something<br/>First listen and then answer the question:<br/>why did the writer become very worried?</strong></p><p><strong>Dentists always ask questions when it is impossible for you to answer.<br/>My dentist had just pulled out one of my teeth and he told me to rest for a while.<br/>I tried to say something but I mouth was full of cotton wool.<br/>He knew I collected match boxes and asked me whether my collection was growing, he then ask me how my brother was and whether I liked my new job in London.<br/>In answer to these questions I either nodded or made some strange noises.<br/>Meanwhile, my tongue was busy searching out the hole where the tooth had been.<br/>I suddenly felt very worried and could not say anything.<br/>when the dentist at last removed the cotton wool, I was able to tell him that he had pulled out the wrong tooth.<br/></strong></p>
ferly 发表于 2006-10-26 23:06:36
<p><strong>Lesson47&nbsp; A thirsty ghost</strong></p><p><strong>First listen and then answer the question<br/>What evidence is there of a ghost?<br/>A public house which was recently bought by Mr. Ian Tompson Ian is up for sale.</strong></p><p><strong>Mr Tompson is going to sell it because it is haunted.<br/>He told me, that he could not go to sleep one night, because he head a strange noise coming from the bar.<br/>The next morning, he found the door had been blocked by chairs and furniture had been moved.<br/>Though he turned the light up before he went to bed, they were on in the morning.<br/>He also said that he found five empty wishky bottles which was the ghost drunk.<br/>When I suggested that some villagers must come in for free a drink, Mr. Tompson shooked his head,<br/>The villagers told him that they won't accept his pub even if he gave it away.</strong></p>
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表