找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问移动社区

搜索

DESCRIBE, EXPLAIN, PERSUADE

发布者: ccfeng | 发布时间: 2006-6-29 22:49| 查看数: 10619| 评论数: 5|

<p><strong>DESCRIBE, EXPLAIN, PERSUADE</strong></p><p>When inventors create something new, they use advertising brochures to let people know about the invention. THe brochures describe the product, explain how it works and try to convince readers that it is useful. The language used should encourage readers to buy the invention.</p><p>The pictures below show an invention. It is a safety vest for motorbike riders.</p><p> JMq9TD5s.jpg </p><p>Write the text for a brochure advertising the invention.</p><p>1. Introduce the product in a way which captures the attention of the readers.</p><p>2. Describe its features and give a detailed explanation of how it works.</p><p>3. Give reasons why readers should buy the product.</p><p>4. Choose words which express your ideas effectively.</p><p>5. Use persuasive language to convince readers that the invention is useful.</p><p>6. Write no more than 150-200 words. Plan to finish your writing within this limit.</p><p>TIME ALLOWED: 30 MINUTES</p><p>1. 5 minutes reading and planning time</p><p>2. 20 minutes writing time</p><p>3. 5 minutes checking time</p>
[此贴子已经被作者于2006-6-30 0:47:34编辑过]

最新评论

ccfeng 发表于 2006-6-29 22:57:24
<p>This is a writing task for my class during English lesson time. my answer:</p><p><font face="楷体_GB2312" color="#111b44" size="4" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff;">The Day for Motorcyclists</font></p><p><font face="楷体_GB2312" color="#111b44" size="4" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff;">With the invention of our whole new safety vest, all motorcyclists need not worry anymore. You will be fully protected and your loved ones will never be worried.</font></p><p><br/><font face="楷体_GB2312" color="#111b44" size="4" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff;">This safety vest just never fails to save you from a nasty accident. When you collide with something and are flung into the air, you will land soundly on the ground, totally unscathed. Even from the worst accidents, cuts and scratches shall be your only injuries. In fact, the vest will give you a great flying experience as you soar through the air. Together with a hardy helmet, you will be invulnerable.</font></p><p><br/><font face="楷体_GB2312" size="4" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cccccc;"><font color="#111b44"><font style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff;">Safety is more important than anything else. Safety can bring you great joy and a fabulous experience as you zoom through the road. Your safety mans ease and comfort for everyone around you. Rubber made, its price is affordable for every motorcyclist from all walks of life. There are certainly no reasons for not buying this fabulous safety vest, so what are you waiting for?</font><br/></font></font></p><p></p><p>Friends, you can try this exercise. After you have completed, you can share with us <font color="#000000">your</font> write up.</p>
[此贴子已经被作者于2006-6-30 1:00:08编辑过]

Rita娜 发表于 2006-6-30 16:12:14
ccfeng,&nbsp;you are such a great advertiser,xixi ~~
puppy 发表于 2006-6-30 16:15:47
<p><span lang="EN-US" style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial;"><font size="3">Ccfeng, </font></span><span lang="EN-US"><p><font size="3"></font></p></span></p><p><font size="3"></font></p><p></p><p><font size="3"></font></p><p><font size="3"></font></p><p><font size="3"></font></p><p><font size="3"></font></p><p><span lang="EN-US" style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 宋体; mso-font-kerning: 1.0pt; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: ZH-CN; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA;"><font size="3">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The post you written before is so much a good commercials that will pry out the purse of targeted people to buy one to have a try.&nbsp; So Does your English lesson always have something composition practice with limited time so that polish students creative ability and colorful imagination?&nbsp; It rings a bell in my mind when I was in my university and in my training class, our tutors always ask us to write something when given a fixed topic.&nbsp; At that time I was really not&nbsp;good at it cause I used to hang out with my colleagues if the class comes we usually be absent from it, lols~</font></span></p>[em10]
[此贴子已经被作者于2006-6-30 16:43:06编辑过]

Rita娜 发表于 2006-6-30 16:39:27
You are really talanted , puppy
puppy 发表于 2006-6-30 16:45:24
<font face="Comic Sans MS" size="2">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Thanks, Rita, yesterday I just reread&nbsp;my feedback about my&nbsp;test experience in Chinese&nbsp;under Ccfeng's post, incredible, incredible, incredible, have you seen it?&nbsp; Hopefully it will be helpful&nbsp;to your English learning</font>[em10]
[此贴子已经被作者于2006-6-30 16:51:37编辑过]

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表