注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问移动社区

搜索

Everyday English每日话题:Chinese Musical Instruments

发布者: anro | 发布时间: 2010-1-4 18:21| 查看数: 1669| 评论数: 0|

Molly: What are you up to?

Gordon: Same old, same old, and how about yourself?

Molly: I am learning how to play a new instrument.

Gordon: Cool, what kind of instrument are you learning?

Molly: I am learning how to play the Chinese lute, also called a Pipa.

Gordon: I always wanted to know what a pipa was.

Molly: There are many Chinese things I want to explain in English to my foreign friends but I can't. So I keep practicing Everyday English.

Gordon: Cool. I want to learn more about how to explain musical instruments. Can you help?

Molly: You bet, that idea rocks!

Gordon: While you are at it, teach me a new English song.

Molly: Your wish is my command. How about a song by Stevie Wonder?

Gordon: Anything for you.

莫莉:最近你在忙什么?

戈登:没忙什么,老样子,你呢?

莫莉:我正在学习如何弹奏一个新乐器。

戈登:太棒了,你在学习弹奏什么乐器?

莫莉:我正在学习如何弹奏中国笛子(也叫琵琶)。

戈登:我一直想知道琵琶是怎么回事?

莫莉:我想向我的外国朋友解释很多中国的事物,可是我的英语不够好,这也是为什么我一直在练习每日英语的缘故。

戈登:很好。我想学习如何向别人解释乐器。你能帮我吗?

莫莉:当然,好主意!

戈登:在你教我同时,也教我学唱一首英文歌吧。

莫莉:乐尊从命。学唱一首斯蒂夫·旺达的歌怎么样?

戈登:听你的。

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Words(生词)

1) Bamboo(竹子): tall hard grass

Panda bears love to eat various types of bamboo.

熊猫喜欢以不同的竹子为食。

2) Percussion instrument(n) (打击乐器): a drum, something you hit for sounds

The drummer in my band plays many percussion instruments including a gong and a cow bell.

我的乐队里的鼓手弹奏很多的打击乐器,包括锣和牛颈铃。

3) Plucked(v)(弹拨的): picked, hit with fingers

Many stringed-instruments sound best when they are plucked.

许多弦乐器在弹拨的时候音响效果能达到最佳状态。

You must pluck a chicken before you can cook it.

在烹饪鸡之前必须先拔掉鸡毛。

4) Unique(adj.)(独特的,唯一的): one of a kind, unlike any other

My teacher is unique in that his style is unlike any others'.

我的老师的独特之处在于他讲课的风格与众不同。

5) Jamming(v)(弹奏即兴激烈的乐曲): playing exciting music

I love jamming on ancient Chinese instruments.

我喜欢在古老的中国乐器上弹奏激烈的乐曲。

That band can really jam!

那个乐队真的是在即兴演出。

Lessons(课文)

Chinese Musical Instruments (中国乐器)

Music is an international language, but it is the instruments that make the music each has their own flavor. Like food, instruments spice up and define a culture, its art and driving force. We have all heard and enjoyed Chinese music, isn't it time we learned how to talk about local instruments? You may even learn something new about an ancient Chinese instrument. Keep jamming! Next week we will talk about foreign instruments.

音乐是一种国际性语言,但是由于弹奏的乐器不同,而使得不同的音乐具有各不相同的音响效果。就象食品一样,乐器为文化添彩,并对文化、艺术和文化内在的驱动力做出相应的阐释。我们都听说过中国音乐,也都喜欢欣赏中国音乐,现在正是我们学习谈论当地乐器的好时候,难道不是吗?甚至你还可以了解到某种古老的中国乐器。继续弹奏吧!下周我们将谈谈外国乐器。

Dizi (笛子): The dizi is a bamboo flute. It has been suggested that the instrument originated in Southern or Central Asia over 2000 years ago. It is a unique solo instrument and is also used extensively in ensembles and orchestras. These flutes have 6 open holes and a lovely bright sound.

笛子是由竹子做成的乐器,据说在2000年前最早出现于南亚和中亚。笛子是一种独特的单人弹奏乐器,但也在合唱团和管弦乐队里被频繁弹奏。笛子有6个吹气孔,奏出的声音响亮清脆。

Sheng (笙); The sheng, also called the "Chinese mouth organ," is one of the most ancient of Chinese instruments. The sheng is the instrument that inspired the invention of the accordion and harmonica. It has a wonderful blowing sound. Bob Dylan should strap one of these on and blow in the wind for a while.

笙,也被称为“中国口琴”,是中国最古老的乐器之一。笙为手风琴和口琴的诞生带来了灵感。笙吹奏出来的声音非常空灵美妙。鲍勃·迪伦应该在风中吹奏一曲笙。

Pipa (琵琶): The pipa is a "Chinese lute" and goes back more than 2000 years. The pipa is the most popular of China's many plucked stringed instruments. Playing techniques vary widely. It is used commonly as a solo and orchestral instrument, both in China and abroad. Pipa players are almost always female.

琵琶被称为“中国笛子”,最早可追溯到2000多年前。琵琶是中国许多弹拨弦乐器中最受人欢迎的一种。弹奏琵琶的手法多种多样。无论是在中国还是外国,最常见的是琵琶独奏和在管弦乐队中弹奏。琵琶的另一个特色是弹奏者几乎都是女演奏家。

erhu (二胡): The erhu (English and Chinese name are the same) is the grandfather of the violin clan. Its two string resonates thick sad sounds, which often motivate tears and deep thoughts. It is still common to find real snake skin bases, but the cat-gut strings have been replaced with steel ones. The popular band, Tang Dynasty, has effectively integrated the erhu's classic sound into their modern rock sound.

二胡 (英文名与中文名一样)是小提琴家族的祖父级。二胡的两根弦弹奏出浓郁悲伤的曲调,经常让人听之落泪,发人深思。现在仍然可以经常看到真正的以蛇皮为底的二胡,但是过去用猫皮做的弦却逐渐被钢丝取代。流行摇滚乐队“唐朝”就是有效地把二胡的古典音响完美地结合进他们的现代摇滚节奏中去。

Chinese Gongs (锣): Gongs are round percussion instruments made of brass. You hit them, then a wave of sound floats out. Big gongs are played with a hammer which is wrapped in cloth, whereas small gongs are played with bamboo or wooden sticks. The instrument is commonly used in traditional operas, folk music, and yoga class. The waves of sound do wonders in helping people relax, especially after exercise. Try it!

锣是由贝司手弹奏的一种圆形的打击乐器。当敲击锣的时候,就有声音的回响传出来。大锣是由缠着布的小槌敲击,而小锣则由木制或竹制的小木棒敲击奏音。锣通常在传统戏剧、民间音乐和瑜伽课时弹奏。锣发出的声音能给人们带来神奇的放松的感觉,尤其是在锻炼结束后。下次你不妨试试看。

Dialogue(对话)

Gordon: What are you up to?

Molly: I am listening to a ancient Chinese song. It rocks.

Gordon: Wow. I am new to China, I have never heard any music like this before.

Molly: Don't worry, I can be your music instructor for a while.

Gordon: You would do that for me?

Molly: Your wish is my command.

Gordon: Cool. What do you call the guitar-like lute that is plucked?

Molly: That Chinese Lute is called a Pipa.

Gordon: Wow, you learn something new every day. Tell me more. What is that two-stringed violin like instrument that always sounds sad.

Molly: That ancient instrument is called an Erhu.

Gordon: Erhu players sure must be sad, not like my favorite singer, the always happy Stevie Wonder.

Molly: Isn't he blind?

Gordon: Yes, he is blind, but he is still a great musician.

Molly: One of the most famous erhu players is also blind, and he is a great musician.

Molly: So both of our cultures have cool blind musicians.

Gordon: I guess our cultures aren't that different.

戈登:最近在忙什么?

莫莉:我正在听中国古典歌曲。象摇滚乐一样。

戈登:哇,我刚来到中国,我以前从来没有听到过这样的音乐。

莫莉:别担心,我可以给你当一段时间的音乐老师。

戈登:你会教我吗?

莫莉:乐尊从命。

戈登:太好了,你把那种可以弹拨的象吉它似的乐器叫什么?

莫莉:那种中国笛子叫琵琶。

戈登:哇,你每天都学习一些新东西。再告诉我一些有关中国乐器的知识。

那种总是发出悲伤曲调的有两根弦的乐器叫什么?

莫莉:那种古老的中国乐器叫二胡。

戈登:二胡演奏家总是很悲伤的,不象我喜欢的总是显得乐呵呵的斯蒂夫。