Etiquette 谈礼仪
做绅士淑女,更重要的是体现在对别人的体谅上。
关键词: slurp your tea 喝水时发出声音
Etiquette 谈礼仪
Paddy: Jim, you table manners are awful.
帕迪:吉姆,你的餐桌规矩很糟糕呢。
Jim: What do you mean?
吉姆:你指什么?
Paddy: You slurp (v.出声地吃喝) your tea and you eat too quickly.
帕迪:你喝水时发出了声音,而且你吃得太快了。
Jim: Yeah well I’m hungry.
吉姆:是的,我太饿了。
Paddy: Well you should demonstrate more etiquette?
帕迪:你应该表现出更多的礼节吧?
Jim: Ok, you have any pointers(n.指示器, 建议) for me then Paddy?
吉姆:好吧,那你对我有什么建议吗,帕迪?
Paddy: If you want to be more of a gentleman you need to think about other people. It’s all about consideration.
帕迪:如果你想成为一个更绅士的人,你应该为别人考虑。这与体谅他人有关。
Jim: I know you should never order red wine with fish…
吉姆:我知道红酒和鱼不能一起点。
Paddy: Yes but more importantly, there are a lot of taboo things you can’t really mention….
帕迪:是的,但更重要的是,有很多忌讳你不能提到…
Jim: Like what?
吉姆:比如说什么?
Paddy: Like sex, drugs, gay rights, abortion, money, wealth, ambition, criminal activity, and generally too much negativity and hurtful opinions.
帕迪:像性、毒品、同性恋的权利、堕胎、钱、财富、野心和犯罪,一般是带有很多消极性和有害意见的话题。
Jim: You mean I can’t talk about these topics at all?
吉姆:你是说我一点都不能说到这些话题吗?
Paddy: Well you can but remember if you break taboos you will have to deal with the consequences of that.
帕迪:你能说到,但是记住如果你要打破这些忌讳,你要自行处理之后的后果。
Jim: Thanks for the advice Paddy.
吉姆:感谢你的建议,帕迪。
Let’s go over some phrases now. 让我们一起来回顾一下有用的短语吧!
etiquette: 礼节,礼仪
taboo:忌讳 |
|