Text:
- What’s going on between you and Gary? Did you guys have a fight or something?
你和盖瑞之间发生什么事情了?你们吵架还是怎么了?
- I can’t stand him any more. He has such a short fuse(急性子,火爆脾气) that even a little piece of friendly advice sets him off (让他大发雷霆).
我再也不能忍受他了。他的脾气太暴躁了,一点小小的友善建议都能让他暴跳如雷。
- So what did you tell him?
那你跟他说了什么了?
- I told him that if he could be more patient and try not to lose his temper so easily, he would be more popular.
如果他能够不那么容易生气,他会更受欢迎。
- No wonder he threw a fit (发脾气). His popularity is really a sore spot(痛处).
难怪他要发脾气呢。他不受欢迎就是他的痛处啊。
- Well, I guess I’ll just keep my mouth shut. That’ll teach me to give advice.
哦,我想我应该把我的嘴闭上。这样会让我知道,怎么给出建议。
- Not unless you want to die!
千万别啊!
Let’s go over some phrases now. 让我们一起来回顾一下有用的短语吧!
I can’t stand him any longer. 我再也忍受不了他了。
What’s going on between you and Gary? 你和盖瑞怎么了?
He has such a short fuse that even a little piece of friendly advice sets him off. 他的脾气太暴躁了,一点小小的友善的建议都能够让他暴跳如雷。
If he could…try not to lose his temper so easily, he would be more popular. 如果他能够不这么容易生气,他会更受欢迎。
No wonder he threw a fit. 难怪他会大发雷霆。
His popularity is really a sore spot. 他的不受欢迎就是他的痛处啊。 |
|