Text:
- Yo! Juan Sanchez. Have you seen my hat?
嘿,Juan Sanchez.。你有看到我的帽子吗?
- I don’t know where your hat is. Have you looked under your bed?
我不知道你的帽子在哪里。你看了床下了吗?
- Of course I have.
当然我看了。
- How about behind the couch(n.长沙发)?
那沙发后面呢?
- Ye. I looked behind the couch, too. Can you look in your room to be sure it’s not there?
是的,我也看过沙发后面了。你能到你房间里看看,确定它不在那里吗?
- Why do you think I have your hat?
为什么你会觉得我拿了你的帽子?
- I didn’t say you had my hat. I am just asking if you can look in your room to make sure it didn’t accidentally(adv.偶然地,意外地) get placed there.
我没有说你有拿我的帽子。我只是在问,是否你可以去你的房间看看,确定它没有恰巧在那里。
- I was just in my room. Your hat is not in there.
我刚才就在房间里。你帽子不在那里。
- Well, I don’t know where it could be.
哦,我不知道它会在哪里。
-You are so forgetful. You lose everything. I bet (我打赌,我肯定…) your hat is some place really obvious. Have you looked on the hat rack(帽架)?
你真是够健忘的。你掉了好多东西。我打赌你的帽子一定在一个一眼就能看见的地方?你有看过挂架吗?
- I think I would know if my hat was on the hat rack. I’m telling you, it’s not here. Oh there it is. I guess it’s always the last place you look.
我想我会知道我的帽子是否在帽架上。我告诉你,它不在这里。它在那里!我想它总是会在你最后一个看见的地方。
Let’s go over some phrases now. 让我们一起来回顾一下有用的短语吧!
under your bed在床下面
behind the couch在沙发后面
forgetful=absent minded健忘的
hat rack帽架 |
|