只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问移动社区

搜索

[原汁原味] Misunderstanding

发布者: soso | 发布时间: 2005-11-30 18:47| 查看数: 2149| 评论数: 0|

<TABLE width="97%">

<TR>
<TD align=middle>
< align=left>本帖转自 <a href="http://news.hongen.com/news/show_107_3443.html" target="_blank" >http://news.hongen.com/news/show_107_3443.html</A>
来源:<a href="https://matrix.hongen.com/forum/bin/inchild_t.pl?bigid=3&amp;smallid=124&amp;idtitle=7483234" target="_blank" >洪恩论坛 Canuck's Comments</A>  日期:2005-4-21  作者:wingedheart </TD>
<TD align=right>阅读:1723 次 </TD></TR></TABLE>Misunderstanding<br><br>No matter you like it or not, misunderstanding composes part of your life. I remember one such thing happened almost four years ago. I had something to discuss with my former classmate who was studting in Beijing, and in order to save money, we dicided to talk about it online through OICQ instead of on phone. I did not think much of OICQ then. And it was my very first time to use it. Think about it. As a sophomore in university, I had been giving out answers like "I am sorry, but I do not have a qq mumber" to my friends. And my speed of typing was terribly slow due to this lack of practice. As a result, I turned to English.---You do not have to choose a word according to the proninciation. Instead you simply typed it out. I supposed this helped to save time. Wen was the one I first talked with on qq. But the talk went on rather poorly, with both of us relunctant to say more as a result, let along to meet the original expectation of discuss. He was simply saying"Mm", or "Yeah", and likewise, with my baby English occupied all over the screen. We ended up turning a cold face to each other. No letters exchanged. No emails sent. No phone calls made. No explanation. No. Nothing. Till two weeks later, when I realized it was not right doing so and tried to dial his telephone number, his call came in. We talked about it, of course. The reason, as he told me carefully through the phone, was that I was using English, and he could not very well understand all of them(Big part on me to be blamed. My English was rotten that time, as I recall it now. And I strongly doubt whether it is enough for me to reach understanding between people, even till now.) Knowing that I did not lke typing and choosing, he chose to walk through it. Both of us smiled at the satisfactory settlement of this "frozing up". and our friendship survived and went on through all these university days.<br><br>Another instance in point was a quarrel with Jacky. We held different opinions in an oral English class and the debate became so intensified that we almost knock on our desks on spot.(back in the days when we were both childlike and young, during freshman days) We were great friends then(even better now). And I did think I am going to lose an honest peer like him after it. And I talked to my headteacher about it. Her advice, as it goes, was to talk earnestly with him to disclose our true charishment to each other. Though long had I born in mind the famous saying from Greek, in which the diversity was honored, and the hero said "I may not agree with you, but I will try hard at the risk of my own life, to protect your right of uttering your true voice.", I did go through some struggle to gather enough courage to admit there was something wrong on my side, and listened to his. We become good friends again, and this great habit of "talk" even in critical times has helped our friendship to grow even stronger.<br><br>Things of this kind took place from time to time. I grew up with dealing with them, with on one side my inperfect self, and the other more understanding of others. I have stated to understand if you do cherish the connection with smeone else', you should at least try, with the premise of rethinking about the condition in which the misunderstanding took place. Friends are friends, and the bond was not to be destroyed by a careless mistake made.<br>Settling misunderstaning has, I have to say, helps me to be a better person. So what is your story? does this kind of things ever takes place in your life? and how did you deal with it? I am glad if you can share with us here.<br><br>S.Special apology should be made here to my dear friend Tim, for my letting my words go faster than my brain, and a lack of proficienct in the language of English despite more than 12 years learning it. Awfully sorry, Tim.<br>
[此贴子已经被作者于2005-11-30 18:52:58编辑过]

最新评论

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表