找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问移动社区

搜索

Work to live or live to work

发布者: 如水紫依 | 发布时间: 2007-1-5 12:46| 查看数: 10638| 评论数: 9|

Wecanseemanypeopleareworkinghardeveryday.Iam stillacollegestudentnow,wearetryingtostudyhardinordertofindagoodjobaftergraduation .Ionceaskedsomepeoplearoundmethisquestion:"Doyouworktoliveorliv e towork?"Ifoundthevastmajorityofthemsaytheysimplyregardedworkasworkitself,notforanythingelseorbecauseofanyotherthings.Buttherearestilsomepeoplewho wouldratherchoosetoworksolelyfortheirinterest ,givinglittleconcerntothepaymentfortheirwork.

From thesedistinctanswers,itcanbeinferredthatthoughwemaystayuplateforwork,weareessentiallydifferentinourattitudestowardstherelationshipsbetweenworkandlife.

Peoplewhochoose"worktolive "arerealistic.Theyare quiteclearaboutthemotiveforwork,thatis,sosurviveinthiscompetitiveplanetandear naliving.Ifperformedinasociallyresponsiblemanner,theywillleadastableandsimplelife.Intheirphilosophyoflife,workandrelaxationareseparated.Workmaybedullandstressful,bu t itisworthwhile.Whentheirsalaryispaid,theyareabletoseekpleasureinrelaxationasmuchastheywant.

This sortofpersonisoftebcriticizedasmentallypoor.ButIdon'tthinktheyaretoblameforthis.Afterall,mentalprogressisonlyavailableafterthelivingnecessitiesarefulfilled.

Peoplewholivetowork ,knownadworkaddicts,areromanticin myeyes,though.Workisthieirsourceo f self-esteemandsatisfaction.Theyare emotionallydependentonit..Howcouldtheypossiblyavoidbecomingworkaholics?TaketheNoblePrizewinnersforexample.Mostoftheseacademicachieversdevotethemselvesardentlyandcompletelytomakingthebreathofair.Theirenthusisaticpassionforworkenhancestheirqualityo f life.Thatiswhy,whiletheygaindistinguishedsuccessinthierpursuitoftheircareer,theyfulfilltheirsenseofachivevmentaswell.

And thereis athirdtypeo f personwhoisindifferenttobothworkandlife.This typeofpersonisanidlerwithoutdirectionandwithoutasenseofresponsibility.

最新评论

stoic 发表于 2007-1-5 13:08:51
I would only treat working as a part of my life~
如水紫依 发表于 2007-1-6 23:03:35
yeah,ithinkiwillworkonsomethingiaminterestedin .

Becauseifitakeinterestinthat,icandothatwellandmake myselfhappy.

Douyouthinkso?
Rita娜 发表于 2007-1-7 10:17:05
You are right.

We all know that interest is the best teacher,hoho
如水紫依 发表于 2007-1-7 12:17:51
yeah ,Rita ,iagreewith you"Interestisthebestteacher".
Rita娜 发表于 2007-1-8 12:12:20
Xixi, we are standing in the same line......
如水紫依 发表于 2007-1-8 15:25:13
Greatminds,thinkalike
Rita娜 发表于 2007-1-8 15:38:21
Oh,yeah, great minds think alike, hoho
冬冬 发表于 2007-2-22 19:34:13
It's true .This is crystallization of wisdom .
tataoo 发表于 2007-8-18 21:41:07
i need a job to raise myself in the near future,hehe.life is diffcult for everyone and we should try best to make ourselves happier
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表