英语家园

找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问移动社区

搜索

Should we give money to people who find our lost properties?

发布者: 芥末膏 | 发布时间: 2007-1-10 10:48| 查看数: 4882| 评论数: 8|

Hi, Friends. Have you lost something in the past? Were you lucky enough to find that someone had found your lost properties and were willing to return them to you?

I've learned recently that more and more owners would like to pay some money to people who find their lost properties for getting things back. Some people even ask for money as a condition to return things to the owners.

So what do you think about this social issue? Do you think it's a proper thing to ask for money or it's totally wrong? Please share your ideas.

[ 本帖最后由 Rita娜 于 2007-1-10 13:38 编辑 ]

最新评论

Quickie 发表于 2007-1-10 13:07:32
It is all up to your moral from both parties.
Rita娜 发表于 2007-1-10 13:47:14
Maybe I can say people are getting more and more realistic.

Maybe it is related to the old saying" money talks".

I have no idea about it, what is wrong with the world?

The man who wants money surely loses his character while the owner may only loses some money which is easy to earn.
bobo 发表于 2007-1-27 23:24:11
I think it's OK and natural to give some mony to the person who found your stuff and was willing to give it back to you, especially sth very important, although I don't think it's a good idea or decent manner to ask for reward. I thought I lost my identity card, my student id card, my keys together with 500 yuan on Christmas Eve until a gentleman found my bag and contacted me via cell, I intended to give him 100 to express my appreciation, but he said "You r disgracing me, If I want money u shall never see me." I insisted on inviting him for dinner, he refused gracefully again, finally what I got is just his name and cell number because I think he is a friend worth making.
椰风树影 发表于 2007-4-15 12:23:46
In some countries, you have to reward the person who gives your lost things back to you due to the laws. The reward is not only money, it also represents your thankfulness and respect to the good man who helps you. So in my opinion, it's reasonable to do that and you should do that.
椰风树影 发表于 2007-6-29 00:06:53
I just find that this topic was the same as the composition of the CET-6 several days ago.No wonder when I was in the test,I felt so familiar with the topic.
supersnail 发表于 2007-6-29 20:23:03
in my opinion, people may give some money as a payment to the one who find your lost things and willing to return you. actually, they do did something, and you do get something, you pay for your gets, and he/she get for his/her pays. it is fair.
magicsunxq 发表于 2007-6-30 20:30:11
Many years ago I found a Mobile phone in the bus. The Mobile phone was rather expensiveat that time. When I return it to the owner, she was so moved that shefelt obligated to give me two hundred yuan as reward.But I can't accept that.So, the loser who took the properties back are willing to give the reward, in this case I think the people who find the properties may receive the payment.

But the payment is not necessary to be money.May be it can be a meal or some other things.
芥末膏 发表于 2007-7-2 16:48:25

回复 #8 magicsunxq 的帖子

I think if you've spent time or used other things like taking a Taxi for the reason of returning the lost things to the owner. Receiving some reimbursement is not a shame. Because you've paid extra besides just giving the things back.
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表