英语家园

 找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问移动社区

搜索

洪恩环境英语中高级第一集

发布者: katy | 发布时间: 2010-11-4 10:54| 查看数: 4547| 评论数: 5|

本帖最后由 katy006688 于 2010-11-4 11:52 编辑



文本:

In business news,stock prices are up.

商业新闻:股票价格上涨,

International Computer Key Company is up two dollars,but no one knows why.

凯伊国际计算机公司的股票涨到两美元,但是没有人知道这其中的原因。

WEFL is investigating International Computer.

WEFL 正在进一步了解国际计算机公司的情况,

We will report on the company in tomorrow's "Business Update."

我们将在明天的“商业快讯”中发布有关这个公司的报导。

Thanks for being with us for WEFL's morning"Business Update".

谢谢收看WEFL电台的早间“商业快讯”节目,

I'm Jake Seltzer.Goodbye for now.

我是杰克.萨尔茨,再见。

Good job,Jake.Here are some of your stories for tomorrow.

干得好,杰克。这是明天你的节目内容。

Now wait,Steven.I need a minute of your time.

等一下,史蒂文,我想占用你一点儿时间。

Jake,I'm off to the doctor right now.Can it wait?

杰克,我现在要去看医生,能等会儿再谈吗?

I know you're busy and I hate to bother you,Steven,but this is important.

我知道你很忙,我也不愿打扰你,史蒂文,但这事很重要。

It's not as important as my doctor's appointment...OK.One minute.

这没有我与医生的预约重要吧....好吧,就一分钟。

Why is Abbott Larkin in Stamford now?

你知道为什么阿伯特.拉金现在在斯坦福德吗?

The president of International Computer?What's he doing here?

国际计算机公司的总裁?他来这干什么?

He's staying at the Stamford Hotel.

他正住在斯坦福德宾馆。

So what?What's so important?

那又怎样,有什么重要的?

He's meeting with James Brady right now.What?

他现在正在与詹姆斯.布朗迪会谈。什么?

Larkin's talking to James Brady,the president of NIT.

拉金正与詹姆斯.布朗迪,NIT的总裁会谈。

I don't understand.What does that mean?

我不明白,那意味着什么?

James Brady and Abbott Larkin are meeting in secret.

詹姆斯. 布朗迪与阿伯特.拉金在秘密会面,

They're making a deal,and I think it's an important story.

他们正在做交易,我想这是重要的新闻,

I want an interview with Larkin. Why?

我想对拉金做个采访。为什么?

Larkin's company is losing money now.

拉金的公司现在正在亏损,

Larkin needs more customers.I think he's selling his company to James Brady.

拉金需要更多的顾客,我想他打算将他的公司卖给詹姆斯.布朗迪,

That's why he's here now.

这是他现在在这儿的原因。

NIT is buying Larkin's company?I like that story.

NIT正在收购拉金的公司?我喜欢那个题材。

Do you realize it's one of the biggest mergers in history?

你意识到这是历史上最大的并购了吗?

I love it!

太棒了!

What's Mike doing now?

迈克现在在做什么?

He's busy.He's lighting the new set now.He needs more time to finish.

他很忙,他正在给新的背景装灯光设备,他还得一段时间才能干完。

This is more important,Steven.

这件事更重要,史蒂文。

OK.I want you to go to the hotel right now.

好,我要你现在就去宾馆找到拉金,

Find Larkin.I'll send Mike with a camera.Mike,I need you.

我会派迈克带着摄像机去的,迈克,我需要你。

What's up?

什么事?

Jake's going to the Stamford Hotel.

杰克要去斯坦福德宾馆,

I want you to follow him with a camera.Hurry.

我希望你带着摄像机与他一起去,快点。

I hate to leave now,Steven.I'm lighting the new set.

我现在不想走,史蒂文,我正在安装灯光设备。

I realize that,Mike.Believe me.It's important.

我知道,迈克。相信我,这事很重要。

I'm on my way.

我马上出发。

Oh,no.I have to run.

噢,天哪。我得快走了。

Maria,I have to run. You look busy.

噢,天哪。我得快走了。玛丽亚,我得走了。

I am.Can you help Jake?He's at the Stamford Hotel.

是的。你能帮帮杰克吗?他在斯坦福德宾馆,

He's looking for Abbott Larkin,President of International Computer.

他正在找阿伯特.拉金——国际计算机公司的总裁。

Abbott Larkin?In Stamford?That seems odd.

阿伯特.拉金吗?在斯坦福德?这有点怪。

It does seem odd.He's talking about a merger with NIT.

这事确实有点怪,他正在与NIT公司谈合并的事。

It sounds like a good story.

听起来这是个很不错新闻。

It sounds like a great story.And I'm late for a doctor's appointment.

听起来这是个很棒的新闻,我不能按时赴与医生的预约了。

Anne and I have to see the doctor about the baby.

我和安妮得去看医生,检查一下孩子的情况。

That's right,Anne's pregnant.How does she feel?

好的。安妮怀孕了,她感觉怎么样?

Not good.She feels sick.You know.

不太好,嗯,她有点恶心。

How do you feel?

你感觉怎么样?

I'm afraid.Babies scare me.Does that seem silly?

我有点担心,要有孩子了,我真感到惊慌失措。这看起来是不是有点傻?

No,it doesn't seem silly,Steven.I think it's normal.

不,一点都不傻,史蒂文。我想这很正常。

Take care of Anne.I'll help Jake.Thanks.

照顾好安妮,我来帮杰克。谢谢。

最新评论

katy 发表于 2010-11-4 10:58:16
Stand by.Three,two,one.

准备。三,二,一。

Where's Abbott Larkin?That's the question at the Stamford Hotel this morning.

阿伯特.拉金在哪儿?这是今晨斯坦福德宾馆的一个谜。

The President of International Computer was in the Soviet Union last week.

这个国际计算机公司的总裁上周在苏联,

He was in the Bahamas on Monday.He was in Rome yesterday.

星期一在巴哈马斯,昨天在罗马。

Why is he in Stamford today talking with James Brady,president of NIT?

他为什么今天来到斯坦福德与NIT的总裁詹姆斯.朗迪会谈呢?

Is he discussing a merger?

他是商量合并的事吗?

OK,Mike.Cut.I don't know if we can use that.

噢,迈克。停!我不知道我们能不能用上这段。

We can use it if we catch Abbott Larkin.

如果我们能找到阿伯特.拉金的话,我们就能用上了。

Let's look for him.

我们去找找他吧。

Did you see Larkin?Do you have the picture?

你看到拉金了吗?你拍到照片了吗?

No,I just saw the car drive away.I didn't see Larkin.

没有,我只看到那辆轿车开走了,我没有看到拉金。

Where's he going now?

他现在去哪儿了呢?

He's traveling.Larkin told me I could ask the travel agent for his plans.

他要出门旅行,拉金告诉我可以向旅行社打听一下他的飞行计划。

He said he might talk to me tomorrow.

他说他明天可以和我谈谈,

I'm going to see the travel agent now.

我现在就去旅行社。

Good idea.

好主意。

I'll meet you here in an hour.

一小时后我在这儿与你会合。

That's what it's showing.And then it connects at 4:45...

这是屏幕上所显示的。然后在4:45接着飞...

and gets into White Plains at 6:24...Yeah,

在6:24 到达怀特普楞斯机场....哦,这是它上面显示的....是的,

Yeah,because the next one is at 6:50 from Saginaw.

因为下一航班在6:50从萨格诺机场出发,

That gets into Detroit at 7:35.

在7:35抵达底特律机场。

So it's a very similar...You're all set.

所以这是非常类似的.... 你的事全办好了。

I'll get seats and I'll put this on your American Express...Um-hmm...

我给你订座,然后把这记在您的美国运通卡上...嗯,

It has to be ticketed this week.

这周就要出票了。

I need to find Abbot Larkin.

我需要找到阿伯特.拉金,

He's flying somewhere today,maybe to Dallas or St.Louis on TWA.

他今天要飞到别处去了,或许乘TWA航班去达拉斯或圣.路易斯。

Try St.Louis.

试试圣地.路易斯吧。

All right.Well,let me check what flights are available that are going out this afternoon.

好吧。噢,我先来看看今天下午出发的航班都有哪些。

There's a TW flight leaving LaGuardia at 3:35,arriving St.Louis at 5:25.

3:35有一从拉瓜地尔起飞的TW航班,5:25 到达圣.路易斯。

Is he on that flight?

他在那次航班上吗?

I cannot tell you that.I would have to call up TWA.

我不知道,我得打个电话给TWA 查一查。

Well,can we do that?Certainly can.

噢,我们能那样做吗?当然能。

This is Marion at Prospect Travel.

我是希望旅行社的玛丽安。

Could you display your Flight 119,LaGuardia-St.Louis,

你能查找一下119次拉瓜地尔至圣.路易斯的航班记录吗?

for Larkin,L-a-r-k-i-n,first initial A or Abbott?...

找拉金,L-a-r-k-i-n,名字的首字母是A或者是Abbott?...

You're not showing anything?It would be later today,then.

什么也查不出来?那么,也许是今天晚些时候。

OK,uh,would you....No,no,that's OK...

好了,呃,你能 ... 不,不,那也行....

Would you please check,uh,Flight 361...At 3:35 today?

你能查一下,呃,361航班....班...今天3:35的?

...Yes...Yes,same person...Yes...A.Larkin?

...是的...是的,同一个人...是的...阿.拉金?

...Right.And you show he is confirmed on 361 leaving at 3:53 from LaGuardia,

....是的。你说他确实乘坐了361次3:53

arriving St.Louis at 5:43?Is he going to Dallas?

从拉瓜地尔起飞5:43抵达圣.路易斯的航班?他是去达拉斯吗?

Do you show him continuing on to Dallas?

计算机显示他接着要去达拉斯吗?

...He is.And what-Do you show any further reservations for him?

.... 他要去。还有什么——还能显示他别的预订记录吗?

...So he is,um,leaving from LaGuardia today to St.Louis,

.....那么他,嗯,今天从拉瓜地尔去圣.路易斯,

and then continuing tomorrow from St.Louis to Dallas?

然后明天接着从圣.路易斯去达拉斯?

...OK,thank you very much...You're welcome.Bye.

....好的,非常感谢....不客气,再见。

So what's his schedule?

那么他的日程是怎样的?

He is on TW Flight 361 today,the 26th,leaving LaGuardia at 3:53,

今天是26号,他坐TW公司的361航班,3:53 离开拉瓜地尔,

arriving St.Louis at 5:43...

5:43到达圣.路易斯。。。

And tomorrow he is continuing on TW Flight 551,

明天接着坐TW的551航班,

leaving Dallas at 11:55,and arriving-

11:55离开达拉斯,到——

I mean,leaving St.Louis at 11:55 and arriving Dallas at 1:45.

我是说,11:55离开圣.路易斯,1:45到达达拉斯。

So he's going to St.Louis first?

那么他是先去圣.路易斯了?

He's going to St.Louis today and Dallas tomorrow from St.Louis.

他今天要去圣.路易斯,明天从圣.路易斯出发去达拉斯。

Will I get there before he does?

我能在他之前赶到那儿吗?

You are leaving on the 27th,tomorrow,

明天是27号,

from LaGuardia on American 295 at 7:30 A.M.and arriving in Dallas at 10:08.

你坐美国航空公司的295次航班早晨7:30从拉瓜地尔出发,10:08到达达拉斯。

Great.Thank you very much.That's just exactly what I need.

太好了。非常感谢。那正是我想要的。

You're terrific.

你太棒了。

Mike,I found Larkin.

迈克,我找到拉金了。

He's staying in St.Louis tonight.He's flying to Dallas in the morning.

他今晚在圣.路易斯过夜,早晨飞往达拉斯。

He's leaving at 11:55 A.M.We're leaving at 7:30 A.M.

上午11:55出发。我们早晨7:30出发,

We're arriving at 10:08.We can interview him at the airport.

10:08到达。我们可以在机场采访他。

OK,Jake.But what does Steven think?

好的,杰克。但是史蒂文会怎么想?

And will Maria pay for the trip? Let's find out.

玛丽亚会给你报销旅费吗?我们看看结果是什么吧。

First,Abbott Larkin goes to St.Louis.

首先,阿伯特.拉金将去圣.路易斯。

He stays overnight in St.Louis.

他在圣.路易斯过一夜,

He leaves St.Louis tomorrow morning and arrives in Dallas at 1:45 P.M.

明天上午他离开圣.路易斯,下午1:45到达达拉斯。

We leave tomorrow morning at 7:30 A.M.

on an American Airlines flight and arrive in Dallas at 10:08A.M.

我们明天上午7:30坐美国航空公司的飞机出发,10:08到达达拉斯,

We get there first and interview Larkin at the airport.

我们先到那儿,在机场采访拉金。

I don't understand.What does this story mean?

我不明白,这新闻有什么意义?

Abbott Larkin has the biggest computer company in the Midwest.

阿伯特.拉金拥有中西部最大的电脑公司。

James Brady has the biggest computer company in the East.

詹姆斯.布朗迪有东部最大的电脑公司

Together,they control most of the country.

他们一起能控制本国大多数市场。

They can grow in the West-California,Nevada,Oregon,and Washington.

而且他们将在西部发展——在加利福尼亚,内华达,奥利冈和华盛顿。

And they also have business in Europe,Scandianvia,and South America.

他们在欧洲,在斯堪第纳维亚半岛和南美都有业务。

It's one of the biggest mergers in history.

这是有史以来最大的合并交易之一。

I have to go to Dallas,Maria.

玛丽亚,我得去达拉斯。

No.I don't like it.

不,我不喜欢这个题材。
katy 发表于 2010-11-4 10:59:12
In February,the new company moves to the Midwest.

二月份新公司将搬到中西部。

This is Jake Seltzer reporting from Dallas,Texas.

这是杰克.萨尔茨从德克萨斯州的达拉斯发来的报道。

Good job,Jake.Jake did very well.

干得好,杰克。杰克干得非常漂亮。

Yes.He did very well.He's already a good host.

是的,他做得很好。他早已是个优秀的主持人。

I think Jake is becoming a much better reporter too.

我想杰克也快成了一名挺不错的记者了。

That's good.You need some help.You look tired.

这很好,你需要有人帮忙。你看起来挺累的。

I am tired.I'm looking forward to my vacation.

我确实很累,我盼望着去度假。

Vacation?That's great,Maria.You should quit worrying about WEFL.

度假?好极了,玛丽亚。别再为WEFL 操心了。

Where are you going? I'm going skiing in Colorado.

你准备去哪儿?我准备去科罗拉多滑雪。

I can imagine skiing through deep snow on a cold morning.

我能想像出在寒冷的早晨滑过厚厚的积雪时的感觉。

I imagine warming my feet near the fire.

我能想像出在炉火边暖脚的样子,

I love walking in the snow.I think about---Stop talking about it.

我喜欢在雪中散步,我想。。。。别再说了。

I really enjoy skiing.

我真的喜欢滑雪。

Are you going alone?Yes,but I'm seeing friends in Aspen.

你一个人去吗?是的,但我要在奥斯本会朋友。

Who? Sam Finch wants me to ski with him.

谁?山姆.芬奇邀我一块滑雪。

He's going there for a conference.

他要去那儿开会。

I've seen him at the station,but I don't know him.

我在电视台见过他,但我不了解他。

Tell me about him.Well,he's businessman.

跟我说说他的情况吧。好的。他是个商人。

He owns part of WEFL.He has a meeting in Aspen.He's a very nice guy.

他拥有WEFL的一部分。他在奥斯本了。

That's great,Maria.I'd like to go to Aspen too.

太棒了,玛丽亚。我也想去奥斯本了。

Yeah,but right now we have a show to do.What's your story?

好的,但现在我们有节目要做,你的报道是有关什么的?

The story is about education and jobs.

报道是有关教育和就业的。

I'm going to interview high school students this afternoon about their plans for the future.

我打算今天下午采访一下高中学生,问问他们对于将来的打算。

OK.Let me see.

好的,我看看吧。

Educaton and jobs.That's the subject of this report.

教育和就业,这是本次报道的主题。

Almost three million students will graduate from American high schools this year.

今天美国大约有三百万学生即将高中毕业,

Half of them want jobs now.They need to work.

其中有一半想立刻工作。他们需要工作。

Maybe they can't go to college.

也许他们不能上大学,

Maybe they have to earn money.

也许他们必须挣钱。

All of them have to plan their future.

他们都必须为将来打算,

And they have to do it now.

而且必须现在做打算,

What will they do?Today we're going inside Stamford High School to find out.

他们会做些什么呢?今天我们将到斯坦福德中学找出答案。

OK,Mike.Let's go inside.

好,迈克,我们进去吧。

I want to shoot some pictures of students in the classroom,

我想在教室里给学生拍几张照片,

and then I want to interview some of the students.

然后我想采访一些学生。

OK.What are your hopes for the future?

那么,你们希望未来是什么样的?

What do you want to do when you graduate from high school or college?

高中或大学毕业后你们打算做什么?

....Yes?

你说?

I hope to join the Peace Corps and do,uh,research or field work in India.

我想加入维和部队,在印度做,呃,研究或野外考察工作。

I speak Hindi and like---I hope to learn a language a bit more proficiently.

我会说印地语,而且我喜欢——我希望把一门语言学得再熟练些。

And what do you hope to do?

你希望做什么?

Um....I want to....I hope to become an astronaut,

呃。。。。我想。。。我希望能成为宇航员,

hopefully...um...or some kind of scientist dealing with space

and astonomy in particular...

但愿。。。呃。。。或者是那种专门研究太空和天文学的科学家。

Do you want to land on the moon? Yes,I want to land on the moon.

你想登上月球吗?是的,我想登上月球。

That's interesting,but do you want to work that hard?

这很有意思。但你想为此而用功学习吗?

Well,I don't want to work that hard,

噢,我不想那么用功,

but I'm going to have to.If I want to...if I get my dream.So...

但我将不得不这么做。如果我想。。。如果我要实现梦想。所以。。。

What do you plan to do when you graduate from high school?

你高中毕业后有什么打算?

When I graduate from high school,I'd like to go to...

高中毕业后,我想。。。

go to college and try to get a job in a large company to cecome an accountant

and make a lot of money and just live well off.

然后在大公司里找个会计的工作,赚大钱,过富足的生活。

I plan to be a social worker.

我想成为一名社会工作者。

My best friend is a social worker....

我最好的朋友就是一名社会工作者。。。

What do you want to do?

你打算做什么?

Well,I want to be in the NFL playing football and have my own business.

我想到NFL打橄榄球,并且拥有自己的公司。

What do you want to do?I'm not really sure.

你打算做什么?我不确定

I want to go on to college,and I want to study fine arts.

我想继续上大学,我想学美术。

I imagine coaching high school football.

我想在中学当橄榄球教练。

What do you enjoy?

你喜欢做什么?

I enjoy athletics.I enjoy playing field hockey and doing gymnastics.

我喜欢运动。我喜欢打曲棍球和做体操。

Um...I enjoy reading.Uh....I like to read fiction.

呃。。。我喜欢读书。呃。。。我喜欢读小说。

I don't like...um....I don't enjoy science fiction,

我不喜欢。。。呃。。。我不喜欢科幻小说,

but....um...any other kind fo fiction I enjoy.

但是。。。呃。。。其它的小说我都喜欢。

I want to teach English.That's terrific.

我想教英语。那太好了!

OK,Mike.Great interviews!Are you ready?

好了,迈克。很棒的采访,你准备好了吗?

In our next report,we'll find out what students really like and don't like.

在下次报道中,我们将了解到学生们究竟喜欢什么,不喜欢什么;

What's interesting,what's exciting,and what's boring.

他们认为什么有趣,什么令人兴奋,什么让人厌烦。

I'm Connie Swift reporting for WEFL.

这里是WEFL电台的康妮.斯威夫特为您报道。
katy 发表于 2010-11-4 11:02:59
I was surprised.The students in this school are impressive.

我非常惊讶,这个学校的学生给人的印象非常深刻,

They're excited by school.

他们为学校生活而兴奋,

They're interested in learning.

他们对学习很感兴趣

And their teachers are terrific.

他们的老师也非常优秀。

Well,the thing that I find most interesting about this school is our very,

very diverse student body.

嗯,我发现这所学校最令人感兴趣的是我们多元化的学生群体。

We have people of all ethnic backgrounds,of all economic backguounds,

我们的学生来自各种不同种族背景

all social backgrounds,getting together for--

各种不同的经济背景,各种不同的社会背景。

from 7:30 in the morning until 2:00 in the afternoon

早上7:30到下午2:00他们都呆在一起,做一些我认为,

and doing what I thik is re--we do remarkably well together.

呃。。。我们在一起做得非常棒。

How interesting!

真有趣!

Yes.Interesting.It...teaching is the most interesting thing,

是的,非常有趣。教学。。。教学是一件非常有趣的事情,

the most interesting career anybody could have.

是人们所能做的最有趣的职业。

I never am bored.The day passes by quickly.

我从不厌倦,日子过得非常快。

I deal with hundreds of different personalities all day.

我整天都接触许多个不同性格的人。

It's an exciting life,and I cannot see anybody who thinks that teaching is dull.

这种生活令人兴奋,我没有见到任何人觉得教学枯燥。

I don't understand it...don't understand it..at all.

我不能够理解教学枯燥。。。我一点都不能理解这种看法。

What interests you?

你对什么感兴趣?

I'm interested in,art.Painting in particular,impressionist painting.

我对,呃,艺术感兴趣,特别是绘画,印象派绘画。

I'm interested in music.

我对音乐感兴趣。

I'm interested in playing the guitar.

我对弹吉他感兴趣

I just started taking lessons about two weeks ago.

我两周前刚开始上吉他课。

But there are still some things students don't like.

但是仍有一些学生不喜欢的事情。

Remember homework?I think homework is really boring.

还记得家庭作业吗?我觉得家庭作业真烦人

I'm just to bored by it.

我非常讨厌它。

I mean,there are so many other things I'd rather do instead,

我的意思是说,我宁愿干许多其它事情而不愿做作业。

and so I just don't like it.

我真的不喜欢家庭作业。

This is Connie Swift,reporting from Stamford High School.

这是康妮.斯威夫特从斯坦福德中学向你报道。

I'm excited about this story.

这个题材使我很兴奋

I'd like to do a series of reports on education and jobs.

我非常愿意就教育和就业做一系列报道。

I'm interested.It's a good story,Connie.

我非常感兴趣,这是一个很好的题材,康妮。

I have to go downstairs and see Steven.

我得下楼去看史蒂文了。

OK.Thanks,Maria.

好的。谢谢你,玛丽亚。

Isn't that Sam Finch? Oh,yes.

那不是山姆.芬奇吗?哦,是的。

You have his picture?Maria,what's going on?

你有他的照片吗?玛丽亚,怎么回事呀?

I think he's fascinating.

我认为他非常有魅力。

We went to dinner last week,and we had a wonderful time.

上周我们一起去吃晚饭,我们度过了一段非常美妙的时光。

He's really very interesting.How nice.I'm happy for you.

他真的非常有趣。多好啊,我真为你高兴。

I hope you won't b edisappointed in Aspen,Maria.

我希望你在奥斯本不会感失望,玛丽亚。
katy 发表于 2010-11-4 11:05:05
Hi,Steven.Hello,Maria.

嗨,史蒂文。你好,玛丽亚。

Steven,I want to talk to you about my vacaton.

史蒂文,我想和你谈谈我度假的事儿。

Your vacation?How nice.

你要度假?多好啊!

Steven,I want you to be producer while I'm gone.

史蒂文,我希望我走后你做制片人。

That's interesting...It could be very interesting if you don't return on time.

那很有趣。。。如果你不能按时回来就非常有趣了。

What do you mean?

你是什么意思?

Well,the baby is due in a month,and I need some time off.

嗯,孩子在一个月后就要出生了,我要请一段时间的假。

I thought of that,Steven.I plan to return before the baby is due.

我想过这个,史蒂文。我准备在孩子出生之前回来。

Well,thank you.I'd like to do it,but...

好的,谢谢。我很乐意做制片人,但是。。。

What,Steven? I'm already very busy,Maria.

怎么了,史蒂文?我已经很忙了,玛丽亚。

How can I direct and produce at the same time?

我怎么能同时做导演和制片人?

I don't know.What do you think?

我不知道怎么办,你有什么想法?

I'd like Mike to be director.He's very good.

我想迈克可以当导演,他很棒。

Hmmm.I agree.That's a good idea,Steven.By the way,the job pays more.

嗯,我同意。好主意,史蒂文。顺便提一句,制片人工资高些

You get an extra $500.

你将多拿500美元。

That's great.Thanks,Maria.I can use it.

太棒了!谢谢,玛丽亚。我可以用这钱了。

But please,be sure to be back before the baby arrives.

但是请务必在孩子出生前回来。

I will. And don't forget to leave your phone number.

我会的。别忘了留下电话号码。

OK,Steven.But don't call me.

好的,史蒂文。但是请别给我打电话。

And one other very important thing.

还有一件非常重要的事。

What? Enjoy your vacation.

什么?好好度假吧。

Now,the first in a series of reports on education and jobs

by WEFL reporter Connie Swift.

现在是WEFL关于教育和就业的系列问题的首次报道,由康妮.斯威夫特报道。

Education and jobs.That's the subjecgt of this report.

教育和就业,这是本期报道的主题。

This week we're going inside Stamford High School

本周我们将去斯坦福德中学,

to find out what today's students are studaying

and what they think they'll do in the future.

了解当今的学生们在学什么和他们将来打算干什么。

What they will high school students face when they graduate?

高中生毕业后会面临着什么?

And what are their polans?

他们有什么计划?

What they will face is more competition.

他们将面临更激烈的竞争。

2,750,000 high school students will receive their diplomas this year.

今年有2,750,000名高中生将获得毕业证。

About half of them will go to college.

其中大约一半人将进入大学。

What will students at this school do?

这所学校的学生将会做什么?

Today we're going inside Stamford High School to find out.

今天我们去斯坦福德中学寻找答案。

Some students want to go into science or business.

一些学生想搞科学研究或者经商。

I imagine myself,um...landing on the moon.

我想像自己,呃。。。能登上月球。

I want to be an astronaut.

我想成为一名宇航员。

When I---after I graduate from high school,

当我——中学毕业后,

I'd like to go to college and major in,um,business administration...

我想上大学,学,呃。。。工商管理。。。

because,um,I enjoy telling people what to do and...uh..

因为,呃,我喜欢指挥别人。。。呃。。

I really like power.So,that's what...that's what I want to do.

我的确喜欢权力。因此,这就是。。。这就是我想做的。

But more school is the last thing some students want.

但是继续学业是一些学生最后的选择。

My SAT math class is so boring.

我所在的SAT数学班太令人厌倦了。

My teacher,he's Mr.-,he is a character.And,uh,I just sit there,

我的老师,他是——他真是个人物。呃,我只是坐在课堂上,

and I'm-I'm just falling asleep in class,and I,ugh,I can't stand it.

我。。。我只想打瞌睡。我,呃,我真受不了。

Very bored.It's the worst.I hate going to that class.

太单调了,那是最糟糕的课了,我讨厌上那门课。

I hate it. A few are undecided.

我讨厌它。有一些学生还有决定将来要做什么。

I don't know and I'm not sure what I want to do,something with business.

我不知道,我对自己想做什么还不是很确定。也许与商业有关。

Some students are fascinated by sports.I'm really interested in sports.

一些学生对运动很着迷。我对运动确实很感兴趣。

I like volleyball and gymnastics,which I do most of the year.

我喜欢排球和体操,大多数时间我都在打排球和练体操。

I also like watching sports on TV.

我也喜欢看电视上的运动节目。

I love watching football---NEF football on TV,especially the Giants.

我爱看电视橄榄球赛——电视上的全美橄榄球联盟赛事,特别是巨人队的赛事。

Um...but I'm really interested in sports and that's basically it.

呃。。。但是我确实喜欢运动,主要就是这样。

And many Stamford students love children.

还有许多斯坦福德学生喜欢孩子。

I'm very interested in little children,

我对小孩很感兴趣。我喜欢和他们在一起,

and I enjoy being with them and just...it's,

it's so interesting to see...

而且。。。我觉得观察他们的思维方式以及他们对什么样的事物做出反应确实是非常有趣的。

just how they think and what kinds of things they respond to.

我感觉儿童心理学是我喜欢研究的东西,我发现它很有意思。

I feel that child psychology is something that I'd enjoy doing.

我感觉儿童心理学是我喜欢研究的东西,

And I find it fascinating.I find these students fascinating.

我发现它很有意思。我觉得这些学生很让人着迷。

This is Connie Swift,reporting from Stamford High School for WEFL.

这是WEFL的康妮. 斯威夫特在斯坦福德中学为您报道。
zhongl 发表于 2010-11-4 17:44:54
And I find it fascinating.I find these students fascinating.
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表