搜索

双语:小野洋子称自己仍有可能出自传

发布者: david | 发布时间: 2007-6-30 18:51| 查看数: 1585| 评论数: 0|

Yoko Ono says she still might write a memoir

小野洋子称自己仍有可能出自传
2007-06-26 14:42:41CRIENGLISH.com
Yoko Ono says she still might write a memoir

小野洋子称自己仍有可能出自传

Yoko Ono may yet write her autobiography (1) despite a reluctance to deal with hostile critics--Beatles fans who still blame her for breaking up the band.

But she also is worried about hurting the people she would write about.

"I want to one day do that probably but still don't have the time," Ono, the widow of slain (2) former Beatle John Lennon, said at a forum in New York.

"There are things that I can't write because it may hurt someone," Ono said. "I think about how it might hurt (their) children, and I don't want to do that."

Discussing her own art and music, Ono said she always thought of her work as Asian and rejected being categorized as part of the Fluxus, or minimalist movement (3) prevalent in New York in the early 1960s.

She said that after Lennon's 1980 murder in front of their home at the Dakota building in Manhattan she considered moving because there were so many people hovering (4) around the place.

But Ono stayed put because it was the home she had created with Lennon and "it means a lot to Sean," she said, referring to her son who was 5 years old when Lennon died.

Ono said the scorn (5) heaped on her art and music, which now receives more favorable treatment from critics and dance music fans, never bothered her. But she was concerned about how bad Lennon had felt because her work wasn't appreciated.

She fears a possible backlash from Beatles fans who blame her for breaking up the band, despite what she said were statements from Ringo Starr, Paul McCartney and the late George Harrison absolving her.

1. autobiography自传

2. slain slay的过去分词, 杀害

3. the Fluxus, or minimalist movement“最简单派艺术”或“极简抽象派艺术”。该派艺术家主张用极少的色彩、极少的形象,简化画面,除去干扰主体的不必要的东西。

尽管不愿面对很多充满敌意的披头士乐队迷,小野洋子仍表示有可能会出自传。一直以来,这些歌迷们仍在责怪她拆散了这支乐队。

但是,小野洋子也担心这部自传会伤害到她书里写到的那些人。

小野洋子是被害披头士乐队成员之一约翰列农的妻子。在纽约的一个讨论会上小野洋子表示她将来会出版自传但是仍没有时间。

小野洋子说“有些事我不能写,因为那会伤害到某人,有可能会伤及他们的孩子,我不想那样做。”

在讨论自己的艺术和音乐的时候,小野洋子说她总认为自己的作品代表着亚洲,而拒绝被划分为“激进派”,即被定义为纽约60年代早期盛行的极简抽象派运动的一分子。

小野洋子回忆说,1980年列农在位于曼哈顿达科它的家被谋杀之后,她就考虑要搬家,因为当时有很多歌迷都围挤在她家附近。

但是,小野洋子还是留下来了,为了这个她和列农共同创造的家,也为他们的儿子,“对肖恩来说很重要”。列农死时,他们的儿子才5岁。

对于针对她的艺术和音乐作品的讽刺,小野洋子认为自己的生活并没有因此搅乱。如今,她的那些作品才受到评论者和舞蹈音乐迷们的更多赞赏。但是,小野洋子更加关心的是当她的作品没有得到认可的时候,列农会是何等的失望。

尽管小野洋子所陈清的一切经乐队其他成员林安?斯塔尔,保罗?麦卡特尼和乔治?哈里森所证实,小野洋子仍害怕披头士的乐迷们会因为乐队的解散发起激烈的抵抗和责怪。

中国国际广播电台 译

4. hover盘旋

5. scorn轻蔑, 嘲笑

最新评论

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表