找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问移动社区

搜索

成语惯用语的不合习惯用法

发布者: jessie | 发布时间: 2005-12-18 22:24| 查看数: 1949| 评论数: 0|

<STRONG><BR></STRONG>英语成语、短语、惯用语很多。有时,它们的构造看起来不合逻辑,甚至不合常理,但又不能随意更改。例如,我们用双脚步行,应该是“on feet”,但偏偏是“on foot”才对。一般上说,成语、短语或惯用语中的字眼不可用别的字取代,词序也不可调换,因为一字之差,词序一换,原意可能走样,甚至毫无意思。 <BR><BR>     在下列各组句子中,(a)错、(b)对: <BR><BR>     1a. What is the reason of all this shunning away from blue-collar work? <BR><BR>     b. What is the reason of all this shying away from blue-collar work? <BR><BR>     2a. I am working on the behalf of my company. <BR><BR>     b. I am working on behalf of my company. <BR><BR>     3a. We need a capable person to help us in time of difficulties. <BR><BR>     b. We need a capable person to help us in times of difficultes. <BR><BR>     4a. In term of economic development, our country has done a good job. <BR><BR>     b. In terms of economic development, our country has done a good job. <BR><BR>     5a. Few would like to make friend with hypocrites. <BR><BR>     b. Few would like to make friends with hypocrites. <BR><BR>     6a. Let's discuss this matter in details. <BR><BR>     b. Let's discuss this matter in detail. <BR><BR>     7a. That rich woman is covered with jewellery from top to toes. <BR><BR>     b. That rich woman is covered with jewellery from top to toe. <BR><BR>     8a. For the better or worse, we must try to get along with our colleagues. <BR><BR>     b. For better or worse, we must try to get along with our colleagues. <BR><BR>     9a. The Public Relations Officer did not speak much. What is worst, she hated to mingle with people. <BR><BR>     b. The Public Relations Officer did not speak much. What is worse, she hated to mingle with people. <BR><BR>     10a. All must come to the meeting without failure. <BR><BR>     b. All must come to the meeting without fail. <BR><BR>     11a. Most of the students learn historical facts by hard. <BR><BR>     b. Most of the students learn historical facts by heart. <BR><BR>     12a. A holiday abroad will take your mind of the work tension for a while. <BR><BR>     b. A holiday abroad will take your mind off the work tension for a while. <BR><BR>     13a. It is out of question for you to go tonight; you haven‘t finished your assignment yet. <BR><BR>     b. It is out of the question for you to go tonight; you haven‘t finished your assignment yet. <BR><BR>     14a. Students should spend their time studying instead of involving in destructive activities. <BR><BR>     b. Students should spend their time studying instead of involving themselves in/ getting involved in destructive activities.<BR><BR>

最新评论

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表