找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问移动社区

搜索

I met a foreigner last night

发布者: 芥末膏 | 发布时间: 2007-7-24 10:44| 查看数: 6972| 评论数: 14|

Recently, I've been busy hanging out with one of my best friends. We're planning to do some business, so we often meet at night and eat dinner together.

As usual, we finished our dinner at a Si Chuan restaurant last night. Then we went to a hotel lounge for a rest and chat. There weren't many seats available in the lounge. We saw a young western girl sitting alone at a four seats table. My friend asked her if other seats were taken yet? She smiled and said "no".So we sat down...

Not for long, the girl wanted to have a smoke. She asked politely if we mind it. My friend said yes. He was joking actually. The result was the girl kept on smoking, and we started our conversation next. Hehe... Now I know it's a good excuse to start a conversation.

During the conversation, the girl talked to me all the time. My friend was listening. The gril is from U.S. and she's very pretty. She has a long curly black hair and black eyes. I told her she doesn't look like American. She said "No, I'm Mexian indeed". Her nameis Tatania. It sounds like a Russian name, but it's not. She told me she's half French and half Mexican.

People say Americans are very open and easy-going. Now I know they really are. Tatania is very talkative. She told me about her family, her career and even her boyfriend. Both of them are planning to move from Southern California to New York city for living. She loves New York very much. But she wants to come back home after 4-5 years stay in New York and be a full time mother. She wants to take care of her baby (she doesn't have any now) like what her mother did to her.

After 40 minutes chat, she left and paid our bill also (we didn't know until we call for the bill). What a nice American lady! And I do learn something from this valuable experience.

最新评论

yjys2008 发表于 2007-7-24 21:08:00
Thanks for sharingofyourexperiences
elaine198608 发表于 2007-7-25 09:43:44
it's a good chance to practise oral English,especially with a wonderful lady!
芥末膏 发表于 2007-7-26 10:01:41

回复 #3 elaine198608 的帖子

Right. Her English is perfectly clear and beautiful. And by the way, during the talk, I can't move my eyes off her beautiful face.

Haha... It's not true.
椰风树影 发表于 2007-7-26 10:23:12
Though there are also many foreigners in our campus, I always can't find a chance to talk to them. It's a small pity.
magicsunxq 发表于 2007-7-26 15:02:54
I don't talk much with the foreinger because I am not good at oral english. I can't catch them when they speak fast.
magicsunxq 发表于 2007-7-26 15:14:42
It reminds me of an interesting experience when I'm in senior high school. Many Australian students came to my school and my class was chosen to play with them. Many of them could speak fluent Chinese but some cannot. It's unfortunate that my friend can only say some words like"你好",so, we chat in english. I didn't know what she was talking about at all!!!!! And I think so she did.-_-|||The only question I understood was she asked me whether I had had a boyfriend or not
lullaby 发表于 2007-7-26 19:45:19
I met many foreigners in an international English study chat room. They are open mind whom doesn't like our Chinese.....
芥末膏 发表于 2007-7-28 08:32:55

回复 #8 lullaby 的帖子

Hey. Lulu, could you tell me the room's name and how to get to it? I wanna practice my oral.
芥末膏 发表于 2007-7-28 08:36:33

回复 #7 magicsunxq 的帖子

Your confidence comes from more practice. So you need to practice to get it. Next time, don't be afraid to go talk to a foreigner. They're friendly most times.
Wupeng 发表于 2007-7-28 10:06:58
it sounds great. i really expect that i would come across such a kind and wonderful girl. but i am worried that my oral english is so bad that i could not talk with her favorably.
babymask 发表于 2007-7-29 23:38:44
As usual, we finished our dinner at a Si Chuan restaurant last night.把头尾互换是不是常见一点?

[ 本帖最后由 babymask 于 2007-7-29 23:46 编辑 ]
芥末膏 发表于 2007-8-1 10:14:18

回复 #12 babymask 的帖子

I think the way I put sounds better.But you could change it for sure.
芥末膏 发表于 2007-8-1 10:31:40

回复 #11 Wupeng 的帖子

From my experience, though westerners are usually more open, finding a good timing to start the conversation is very important.

If you find someone looks free, you could ask something to draw his/her attention. Like: May I sit here? May I borrow your lighter? Do you mind telling me where you're from? This is a nice place, do you think so?

Then, if he or she wants to join you, they'll happily talk to you more.
lullaby 发表于 2007-8-2 10:01:36

回复 #9 芥末膏 的帖子

Hi,芥末膏

The website is www.englishbaby.com .But I am not sure whether boss david will think me as an advertizer or not.....

[ 本帖最后由 lullaby 于 2007-8-2 10:15 编辑 ]
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表