找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问移动社区

搜索

Disfigured girl displayed works at graduation ceremony

发布者: zhenru | 发布时间: 2007-12-4 09:24| 查看数: 1779| 评论数: 0|

A special show was held at the Centennial Hall of Peking University to mark the graduation of a disfigured girl.

Chinanews, Beijing, Dec. 1 – Last Thursday, a special exhibition was held at the Centennial Hall of Peking University to mark the graduation of a disfigured girl.

On the stage, people could see a young girl using her nimble fingers to do make-ups for a model. She used lots of colors to create various fashionable images, to the loud applause of the audience. The college girl was called Guo Yanjie, a native from Cangzhou, Hebei Province, who was enrolled by a Beijing Cosmetics Art School last year and just graduated this year. With her enrollment by the college, Guo became the first disfigured student ever accepted by a college.

Thirteen years ago, Guo's upper arm got burned in an accident. However, she did not give up her hopes after the accident. On the contrary, she became even more strong-minded and confident.

I have lost my natural looks in the accident. I can't make my face look beautiful any more. However, I want to use my hands to make other people look prettier, she said.

Since then, she had worked hard to make her dream come true. However, she had been refused by many colleges until last year, when she was finally accepted by a Beijing Cosmetics Art School.

“My works are far from mature. However, I create them with my heart. And these works prove that my dream has finally come to pass. I hope you will like them,” Guo said to the 100 college students who came to see her exhibition from Peking University and Tsinghua University.

最新评论

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表