扫一扫,访问移动社区

搜索

2007年英语专业四级考试部分试题及答案

发布者: 权萍有我 | 发布时间: 2007-12-6 02:40| 查看数: 2697| 评论数: 0|

2007年英语专业四级考试部分试题及答案

来源:考试吧整理(Exam8.com)

参考答案由环球时代学校提供

[1] 语法词汇部分试题及参考答案

51. There are as good fish in the sea __C__ ever came out of it.

A.than B.like C.as D. so

52. All the President’s Men __B__one of the important books for historians who study the Watergate Scandal.

A.remain B. remains C.remained D. is remaining

53. “You __A__ borrow my notes provided you take care of them.” I told my friend.

A.could B.should C.must D. can

54. If only the patient __A__ a different treatment instead of using the antibofies he might still be alive now.

A.had received B.received C.should receive D. were receiving

55.Linda was __B__ the experiment a month ago but she changed her mind at the last minute.

A.to start B. to have started C.to be starting D. to have been starting

56. She __D__ fifty or so when I first met her at the conference.

A. must be B.had been C.could be D. must have been

57. It is not __C__ much the language as the background that makes the book difficult to understand.

A. that B.so C.so D. very

58.The committee has anticipated the problems that __D__ in the road construction project.

A. arise B.will arise C.arose D. have arisen

59. The student said there were a few points in the essay he __A__ impossible to comprehend.

A. had found B.will arise C.arose D. have arisen

60. He would have finished his college education, but he __C__ to quit and find a job to support his family.

A. had had B. has C.had D. would have

61. The research requires more money than __B__ has been put in.

A. have been put in B.has been put in C.being put in D. to be put in

62. Overpopulation poses a terrible threat to the human race. Yet it is probably __B__ a threat to the human race than environmental destruction.

A.no more B. not more C. even more D. much more

63. It is not uncommon for there __D__ problems of communication between the old and the young.

A.being B.would be C.be D. to be

64. __B__ at in his way, the situation doesn’t seem so desperate.

A. Looking B.Looked C.Being looked D. To look

65. It is absolutely essential that William __C__ his study in spite of learning difficulties.

A.will continue B.continued C.continue D. continues

66. The painting he bought at the street market the other day was a __D__ forgery.

A.man-made B.natural C.crude D. real

67. She’s always been kind to me- I can’t just turn __A__ on her now that she needs my help.

A. my back B.my head C.my eye D. my shoulder

68. The bar in the club is for the __B__ use of its members.

A.extensive B.exclusive C.inclusive D. comprehensive

69. The tuition fees are __C__ to students coming from low-income families.

A.approachable B.payable C.reachable D. affordable

70.The medical experts warned the authorities of the danger of disease in the __A__ of the earthquake.

A.consequence B.aftermath C.result D. affect

71. This sort of rude behavior in public hardly __B__ a person in your position.

A.becomes B.fits C.sopports D. improves

72. I must leave now. __B__ if you want that book I’ll bring it next time.

A.Accendentally B.Incidentally C.Eventually D. Naturally

73. After a long delay, she __D__ replying to my e-mail.

A.got away with B. got back at C.got by D. got round to

get around to doing something :to find time to do something. I wanted to see that movie but never got around to it.

74. Personal computers are no longer sth beyond the ordinary people. They are __C__ available these days.

A.gwowingly B.instantly C.readily D. quickly

75. In my first year at the university I learnt the __A__ of journalism.

A. basics B. basic C.elementary D. elements

76. According to the new tax law, my money earned over that level is taxed at the __D__ of 39%.

A. ratio B. percentage C. proportion D. rate

77. Thousands of __C__ at the stadium came to their feet to pay tribute to an outstanding performance.

A.audience B. participants C.spectators D. observers

78. We stood still, gazing out over the limitless __C__ of the desert.

A. space B.expanse C.stretch D. land

79. Doctors often __C__ uneasiness in the people they deal with.

A.smelt B.hear C.sense D. touch

80. Mary sat at the table, looked at the glare and __C__ her lips.

A. smacked B. opened C.parted D. separated

[2] Cloze
全文及翻译

Until I took Dr. Offutt’s class, I was an underachieving student, but I left that class determined never to underachieve again. He not only taught me to think, he convinced me, as much by example as words, that it was my moral obligation to do so and to serve others.

Neither of us could know how our relationship would evolve over the years. When I first came back to DeMatha to teach English, I worked for Dr. Offutt, the department chair. My discussions with him as he mentored me were like graduate seminars in adolescent development, classroom management and school leadership.

After several years, I was named department chair, and our relationship shifted again. I thought that it might be awkward chairing the department, since all of my former English teachers were still there, but Dr. Offutt supported me throughout. He knew when to give me advice about curriculum, texts and personnel, and when to let me chart my own course.

In 1997, I needed his advice about leaving DeMatha to become principal at another school. If he had asked me to stay at DeMatha, I might have. Instead, he encouraged me to seize the new opportunity.

Five years ago, I became the principal of DeMatha. Once again, Dr. Offutt was there for me, letting me know that I could count on him as I tried to fill such big shoes. I’ve learned from him that great teachers have an inexhaustible wealth of lessons to teach. Even if his students don’t know it yet, I know how fortunate they are; I’m still one of them.

在上奥法得教授的班级以前,我一直是个学习成绩不怎么样的学生,但是,当我离开那个班级时,我决定再也不做一个差生了。他不仅教会我们思考,他通过事例和言语使我坚信,我有责任这样做并为他人服务。

我们两人谁也记不起这些年来我们之间的友谊的发展过程了。当我第一次回到DeMatha高中教英语时,我是跟着奥法得教授工作的,当时他是系主任。在和他的讨论时,在青少年毕业研讨会上,在讨论教室管理和学校领导能力等问题时,他是我良师益友。

几年以后,我被提名为系主任,我们的友谊进行了一次换位。因为我以前的英语老师还都在那里,我想这个领导可能会很难当。但是,奥法得教授从始至终一直支持我。他总是在适当的时候给我关于课程、课文和人员问题的建议,并总是适时让我自己制定自己的规划。

年,关于是否离开DeMatha高中去任另一所学校的校长的事我需要他的建议。如果他要我留在DeMatha高中,我就不走了。然而,他却鼓励我抓住这个新的机会。

年前,我再次回到DeMatha高中并担任校长。这一次,奥法得教授还在这里等我,他让我知道我可以信赖他,我可以做得和以前的校长一样出色。他让我感到,一个好的老师有无穷无尽的知识财富让我们去学习。尽管他的学生们可能还没有意识到这点,我知道他们是非常幸运的;我现在仍然是受益者之一。

[3]
作文、Note写作

作文题目:

Is it wise to make friends on the Internet?

Note
题目:

Your friend Jimmy is the head of the school swimming club he invited you to jion the club but you are interasted in other sports write a note to refuse his invite

60words

[4]
听力原稿及出处

Advertising has already become a specialized activity in modern times. In today’s business world, supply is usually greater than demand. There is great competition between manufactures of the same kind of product because they want to persuade customers to buy their particular brand. They always have to remind their customers of the name and qualities of their products by advertising. The manufacture advertises in newspapers and on the radio. He sometimes employs sales girls to distribute samples of their products. He sometimes advertises on the Internet as well. In addition, he always has advertisements put into television programs that will accept them. Manufactures often spend huge sums of money on advertisements. We buy a particular product because we think that is the best. We usually think so because the advertisements say so. People often don’t ask themselves if the advertisements are telling the truth when they buy advertised products from shops.

出自大一公共英语课本第一册

11课。部分内容有改动。

[ 本帖最后由 权萍有我 于 2007-12-6 02:43 编辑 ]

最新评论

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表