第二部分:

英语知识运用(共两节,

满分45分)

第一节

单项填空

(共15小题;

每小题1分,满分15分)

从A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。

21.As we all know, apples are sold by ______ weight, and socks are sold by _______ dozen.

A.the; a

B./; a

C./; the

D.the; the

22.China is to have more giant pandas, _____ 13 female pandas are expecting babies this year.

A.so

B.if

C.though

D.as

23.—— Did the book give the information you needed?

—— Yes, but ________ you have to read it entirely.

A.for finding it

B.to find it

C.finding it

D.by finding it

24.________ seen my niece for ages, I couldn’t recognize her at the moment.

A.Having not

B.Having never

C.Not having

D.Never having

25.Word comes that some free souvenirs will be given to _______ comes first.

A.no matter whom

B.whomever

C.no matter who

D.whoever

26.—— Do you think our pitchers played very well yesterday?

—— _________.

A.They were not nervous at all

B.They were still young

C.They played naturally

D.They couldn’t have done better

27.If you can’t spare me an hour, a quarter will ______.

A.do

B.help

C.work

D.suit

28.—— It’s a fine day.

——Yes, at least it’s________ yesterday.

A.as bad as

B.no worse than

C.no better than

D.not better than

29._________ worries me most is ________ I don’t know how to inform him.

A.That; that

B.It; that

C.That; what

D.What; that

30.In Japan, ______ car is ______ popular means of transportation.

A.the; a

B.a; /

C.the; the

D.a; the

31.—— Jack fell off a ladder yesterday, but he’s all right.

—— He is lucky.He _________ himself badly.

A.would rather have hurt

B.must have hurt

C.could hurt

D.could have hurt

32.——Have you read his latest novel?

—— Yes, a wonderful one, ______ description.

A.without

B.beyond

C.out of

D.with

33.As soon as the accident took place, two policemen were

sent there to _______ the case.

A.look over

B.look up

C.look into

D.look through

34.—— I’m afraid I have to leave for Miami tomorrow.

—— __________.

A.I’m afraid not

B.Have a good journey

C.Please do

D.Can’t you stay a bit longer?

35.We haven’t heard from her for weeks.How do you suppose ______ with her studies now?

A.is she getting along

B.she gets along

C.she is getting on

D.she had got on

最新评论

寒江雪柳 发表于 2008-1-11 23:02:36
第二节 完形填空 (共20小题; 每小题1.5分,满分30分)

阅读下面短文,从短文后所给各题的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。

A high school history teacher once told us, “If you make one close friend in school, you will be most fortunate.A true friend is someone who stays with you for life.”36teaches that he was right.A good friendship is not easily37.

It is possible that we simply do not stay in one place long enough for a38friendship to39.However, there can be40disagreement on the need for each of us to think carefully about the kinds of friendships we want.

To most of us, friendships are considered very important, but we need to be clear in our41the kinds of friendships we want.Are they to be close or42at arm’s length? Do we want to43ourselves or do we want to walk on the surface? For some people, many friendships on the surface are44enough — and that’s all right.But at some point, we need to45that our expectations are the same as our friends’ expectations.The sharing of46experience47our tears as well as our dark dreams is the surest way to deepen friendships.But it48be undertaken slowly and carried on only if there are49of interest and action in return.

What are some of the50of friendship? The greatest is the attraction to expect too much too soon.Deep relationships51time.Another “major difficulty” is the selfishness to think one “possesses” the other, including his time and attention.Similarly, friendships52actions in return.In53words, you must give as much as you take.Finally there is a question of taking care of the friendship.Unless you spend54time together, talking on the phone, and writing letters, friendships will die55.

36.A.KnowledgeB.Teachers C.ExperienceD.Parents

37.A.understoodB.formedC.realized D.produced

38.A.trueB.common C.deeplyD.actually

39.A.designB.intendC.develop D.appear

40.A.noB.someC.anyD.none

41.A.hearts B.thoughts C.actionsD.minds

42.A.remained B.leftC.kept D.stayed

43.A.ownB.oweC.share D.spare

44.A.that B.very C.quiteD.not

45.A.make sureB.rememberC.expectD.check out

46.A.social B.ordinary C.good D.personal

47.A.includesB.to include C.including D.included

48.A.canB.need C.will D.must

49.A.marksB.sightsC.scenesD.signs

50.A.difficultiesB.differences C.advantages D.things

51.A.cost

B.spend

C.ask

D.take

52.A.require

B.request

C.depend

D.suggest

53.A.some

B.many

C.other

D.different

54.A.enough

B.comfortable

C.less

D.a lot

55.A.for

B.away

C.out

D.from

[ 本帖最后由 寒江雪柳 于 2008-1-11 23:06 编辑 ]
寒江雪柳 发表于 2008-1-11 23:04:25
第三部分:阅读理解(共20小题; 每小题2分,满分40分)

阅读下面短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。

(A)

On a tiny island, just 5.5 miles long, you can live like royalty (皇室) for just $130 a night in Balfour Castle.Shapinsay, one of the seventy Orkney Islands, is just a few hours by ferrying (摆渡) off the northern coast of Scotland, but staying at Balfour is like stepping back in time into a quieter, nobler world.The dozen or so guests who can be served at the 150-year-old estate stay in oak-paneled rooms with 19th century furniture and eat like kings around a long table.(A big English breakfast and three-course dinner are included in the price.) During the day, you can hike around the island on nearly empty roads, seeing more sheep and cows than people, the horizon of sea and clouds continually in view.Or take a pleasing stroll through the 700 acres of garden and woods on the estate grounds.On chilly (rather cold) Orkney evenings, sit in front of a mating fireplace and read one of the 4,000 leather-bound books in the castle library.For a unique vacation experience, ferry across the North Sea to another world at Balfour Castle.

56.The advertisement implies that _________.

A.there aren’t many guest rooms at the castle        B.the beaches on Shapinsay are beautiful

C.a king once owned the castle                                D.the castle is large

57.What does the advertisement writer suggest as a daytime activity?

A.Riding the ferry        B.Swimming                C.Reading                        D.Walking

58.Which of the following statements about Shapinsay can NOT be inferred from the passage?

A.People on the island like to read.                        B.The island is fairly flat.

C.Many people raise sheep and cattle.                D.The population of the island is small.

(B)

The Chinese team’s performance at the Olympic Games in Greece has been inspiring!

We made unexpected breakthroughs (突破) in events in which we were considered weak as well as having unexpected failures in areas where we were considered to be strong.As a big fan, I shared tears of joy and disappointment.Moreover, I have given a lot of thought to athletic competition and I have come to the conclusion that attitude is one of the key reasons for success.

The Chinese men’s basketball team probably serves as the best example.Their first couple of games were terrible.Nobody except Yao Ming had the confidence in the games.After they had lost several games, they actually had nothing to lose when they faced the former inter- national champion.To our surprise, the Chinese team beat them by one point.

Had they improved their skills? Of course not.No team or athlete in the world has found the secret of achieving a sudden improvement in skill.It was their attitude that had changed.

For the gold medalists of the women’s volleyball team, it was also their “winning” attitude that led them to their final success.From the first game to the final, all their opponents (对手) had advantages compared with the Chinese team in terms of skill.In the end, it was not the Chinese team’s super skill that defeated the Russians after China had lost the first two sets, but their attitude in both understanding themselves and their opponents.It was their attitude that gave them confidence.They were neither too proud nor too pessimistic.

Such an attitude is also something called “professionalism”.In the women’s over 67kg teakwood final, the French competitor did not perform well against Chen Zhong, the Chinese gold medalist.She did not perform “professionally” due to her having the wrong attitude.

To compete professionally means to bring your full potential (潜能) into play.You have nobody to blame if you do not show your abilities when the chance comes.

Having the right attitude or professionalism is not only for the sports field but also for other aspects of life.If you are not prepared, chance never knocks.

59.Which of the following statements is true?

A.Yao Ming didn’t try hard at the beginning of the competition.

B.Only a few Chinese gold medalists have found the secret of achieving an improvement in skill.

C.The winning attitude of the Chinese women’s volleyball team led them to the gold medal.

D.In the writer’s opinion, Chen Zhong was beaten by a French competitor because she had the wrong attitude.

60.The underlined word “pessimistic” in Paragraph 5 means ________.

A.hopeful        B.lucky                                C.skillful        D.worried

61.From the passage, we can infer that _________.

A.if you are not good at something, give up!

B.if one has the right attitude, he will have the chance to succeed.

C.the Chinese men’s basketball team can never beat the Americans because they are too strong.

D.if you are in a difficult situation, chance never knocks.
寒江雪柳 发表于 2008-1-11 23:07:12
(C)

I came to study in a Western country a year ago.Yet I did not know its society until I was injured in a car accident.That is because, after the accident, I had to see a doctor and go to court.

After the accident, my roommate called in a doctor for me.I was very grateful and determined to repay him one day.But the next day, he asked me to pay him $200 for what he had done.I was astonished.He had good reason to charge me, he said.And if I wanted to collect money from the person who was responsible for my injury, I’d have to have a good lawyer.Now that he had helped me to find a good doctor, it was only fair that I should pay him.

But every time I went to see the doctor, I had to wait about 50 minutes.He would see two or three patients at the same time, and often stop treating one so as to see another.Yet he charged me $115 each time.The final examination report consisted often lines, and it cost me $215.

My lawyer was all smiles the first time we met.But after that he avoided seeing me at all. He knew very well the other party was responsible for the accident, yet he hardly did anything.He simply waited to collect his money.He was so irresponsible that I decided to dismiss him.And he made me pay him $770.

Now I had to act as my own lawyer.Due to my inexperience, I told the insurance company the date I was leaving the country.Knowing that, they played for time, and I left without getting a cent.

My experiences taught me two things about the reality in some countries.Firstly, in a country like this, money is everything.It is more important than friendship, honor, or professional morality.Secondly, foreigners are still being unfairly treated.So when we talk about the Western world, we should see both its good and bad sides.

62.The author’s roommate offered to help him because _______.

A.he felt sorry for the author

B.he thought it was a chance to make some money

C.he knew the doctor was a very good one

D.he wanted the author to have a good lawyer

63.A good lawyer was important for the author to _________.

A.be treated properly

B.talk with the person responsible for the accident

C.recover before he left that country

D.get the responsible party (当事人) to pay for his injury

64.The underlined part “played for time” most probably means “________ ”in Chinese.

A.悠闲时光        B.拖延时间                 C.不知所措                D.高效做事

65.We can see from this story _______.

A.going to court is something very common in that country

B.one must be very careful while driving a car

C.there are more bad sides in that country than good sides

D.money is more important than other things in that country
寒江雪柳 发表于 2008-1-11 23:07:32
(D)

Designers challenged to build “city on ice”

Researchers will face the world’s most difficult building challenge: to design a hotel and workshop on an Antarctic ice shelf.

The five attempts before the new Halley Bay research station — always home to at least 16 people, and 50 in summer — would sink by at least a meter a year as the ice melted under them and the snow built up around them.

Temperatures drop to as low as -55℃, so building outdoors is only possible in January and February, when the average temperature is -5℃.There are also no building suppliers for 3,000 miles.

“It isn’t just a little group of scientists.You are running a small city,” said Chris Rapley, the director of the British Antarctic Survey, which will run the 19 million pounds project.“You have your power supply, you’ve got your waste disposal (处理), and you’ve got your general maintenance (维护), your communication, and so on.”

“It’s an airport because our aircraft land there.It’s a seaport — when the ship comes in, you have to take out the new materials and put the waste inside.It’s a very difficult operation.”

British scientists have worked on the sea ice at Halley Bay for almost 50 years.It was there that the “hole” in the ozone layer (臭氧层) was first spotted in 1985.

The design competition for the new base will be held at the Royal Institute of British Architects in London.

66.According to the passage, the most difficult challenge is ________.

A.designing a hotel and workshop on an Arctic ice shelf

B.designing a hotel and workshop on an Antarctic ice shelf

C.designing a hotel and workshop in the desert

D.designing a hotel and workshop on the moon

67.The reason why Halley Bay research station tended to sink at the rate of at least a meter a year is that _______.

A.the ice melted beneath them

B.the building was too heavy

C.snow built up around them       

D.both A and C

68.According to the passage, which statement is NOT true?

A.Building outdoors will be possible only in January and February.

B.There will be few building suppliers for 3,000 miles.

C.In the “city on ice” that will be built, you can have a power supply and communication.

D.In the “city on ice” that will be built, you will have waste disposal and general maintenance.

69.The new “city on ice” is a very difficult operation because ________.

A.there is an airport where the aircraft can land

B.there is a seaport for ships to come into with materials that can be offloaded

C.there is a power supply, waste disposal, general maintenance, and communication

D.all of the above

70.Halley Bay research station is very famous and plays an important role for science because _________.

A.it is there that British scientists have worked for almost 40 years

B.it is there that the temperatures drop as low as -55℃

C.it was there that the “hole” in the ozone layer was first spotted

D.it is there that the average temperature is -5℃
寒江雪柳 发表于 2008-1-11 23:07:52
(E)

The Peales were a famous family of American artists.Charles Willson Peale is best remembered for his portraits of leading figures of the American Revolution.He painted portraits of Franklin and Jefferson and over a dozen of George Washington.His life-size portrait of his sons Raphaelle and Titian was so realistic that George Washington reportedly once tipped his hat to the figures in the picture.

Charles Willson Peale gave up painting in his middle age and devoted his life to the Peale museum, which he founded in Philadelphia.The world’s first popular museum of art and natural science mainly covered paintings by Peale and his family as well as displays of animals in their natural settings.Peale found the animals himself and found a method to make the exhibits more lifelike.The museum’s most popular display was the skeleton (骷髅) of a huge, extinct elephant, which Peale unearthed on a New York farm in 1801.

Three of Peale’s seventeen children were also famous artists.Paphaelle Peale often painted still lives of flowers, fruit, and cheese.His brother Rembrandt studied under his father and painted portraits of many noted people, including one of George Washington.Another brother, Rubens Peale, painted mostly landscapes and portraits.

James Peale, the brother of Charles Willson Peale, specialized in miniatures (小画像).His daughter Sarah Miriam Peale was probably the first professional female portrait painter in America.

71.What is the main topic of the passage?

A.The life of Charles Willson Peale.                B.Portraits in the 18th century.

C.The Peale Museum.                                        D.A family of artists.

72.The author mentions in Paragraph 1 that Washington tipped his hat to the figures in the painting to show that ________.

A.Charles Willson Peale’s painting was very lifelike

B.Washington respected Charles Willson Peale’s work

C.Washington was friendly with Raphaelle and Titian Peale

D.the painting of the two brothers was very large

73.The underlined word “unearthed” is closest in meaning to“ ______”.

A.showed                          B.dug up                         C.invented                D.looked over

74.Which of the following is NOT the child of Charles Willson Peale?

A.Titian Peale                                                        B.Rubens Peale

C.Raphaelle Peale                                                D.Sarah Miriam Peale

75.The author’s attitude toward the Peales is in general _______.

A.puzzled                          B.excited                          C.admiring                         D.disappointed
寒江雪柳 发表于 2008-1-11 23:08:30
第II卷(共35分)

第一节短文改错(共10小题; 每小题1分,满分10分)

My first job is as a tour guide.I saw an advertisement                                         76.____________

on the newspaper.I rang up the company, and I                                                         77.____________

was given the job immediate.They asked me to take                                                 78.____________

a tour around the city the next morning.The manager                                         79.____________

just told me to say anything that I could think about the                                         80.____________

city.His first tour was terrible.The old bus was not air                                         81.____________

conditioned, because it was the middle of summer.It was                                         82.____________

uncomfortable inside the bus.The tourist soon became                                         83.____________

very hot and angry.I had very hard time.I stayed in that                                 84.____________

job for a few weeks, and then left and joined in a better company.                        85.____________

第二节书面表达( 满分25分 )

假如你叫李华,星期五下午3:30你校(江苏省启东中学)安排了南京大学的外籍教授Professor Smith的题为“Task-based Language Learning”的英语讲座。你想邀请你的好友王强来参加,因为他对英语学习很感兴趣。情根据下面的示意图给他发一个E-mail 告诉他讲座的内容、时间及如何乘车到你校。开头和结尾都已给出。词数:100左右。

Dear Wang Qiang,

I have some good news to tell you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I’ll be expecting you at 3:10 at our school gate.Don’t be late.

Yours,

Li Hua

参考答案

听力:1—5CACAC        6—10 BABBB        11—15CACAB        16—20CCBAB

单项选择:21—25 CDBCD                26—30 DABDA                31—35 DBCBC

完形填空:36—40 CBACA                41—45 DCCCA        46—50 DCDDA        51—55 DACAB

阅读理解:56—60 ADACD                61—65 BBDBD        66—70 BDBDC        71—75 DABDC

短文改错:

76.is → was                77.on → in                78.immediate → immediately        79.√

80.think后加of                81.His → My                82.because → and        83.tourist → tourists

84.very前加上a                85.去掉join 后的in

书面表达:

One possible version:

Dear Wang Qiang,

I have some good news to tell you.We will invite a professor named Smith from Nanjing University to give us an English lecture.The subject of the lecture is Task-based Language Learning.The lecture will be given at 3:30 on Friday afternoon.Now I’ll tell you how to get to our school by bus.You can take a No.44 bus just on the left side of your home and get off at Nan Jing Road, When you get off, go across the street and take a No.12 bus and then get off at the terminus.Go forward and turn left at the first crossing to Peace Road.Go along the road and you will see a MacDonald’s on your right and my school is just next to it.

I’ll be expecting you at 3:10 at our school gate.Don’t be late.

Yours,

Li Hua
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表