找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问移动社区

搜索

[求助]请帮忙解释一下这句话···

发布者: bleue | 发布时间: 2006-1-25 11:56| 查看数: 4715| 评论数: 3|

We are going to discuss the way of reading works ____ it is used for real life purposes,and this should give you a better understanding of it. A.that B.which C.when D.where 谁能帮忙解释一下这句话的意思?还有,为什么要选“when”???

最新评论

TheYeti 发表于 2006-1-27 14:26:50
Are you sure you have copied this sentence down right. Is this from a "Chinese textbook" or one written by one of those tutorial (cram) schools. Not everything they have is correct. The part in red does not look right. The whole sentence sounds like it is written in Chinese, and not in English. We are going to discuss the way of reading works __when__ it is used for real life purposes,and this should give you a better understanding of it. The sentence would make some sense if "the way of" is replaced by "how": We are going to discuss how reading works when it is used for real life purpose, ... "When"= when reading is used for real life purposes. (Explanation)-->Reading can be used for many purposes, one of which is for real life use. What "we" are going to discuss is the case "when" reading is used for real life purpose.
fairy 发表于 2006-1-29 13:35:28
我觉得这个when应该是"当" 的意思. 还有the yeti We are going to discuss how reading works when it is used for real life purpose, ...
我觉得那里有点问题,好像没有这种用法的吧
TheYeti 发表于 2006-2-3 12:57:05
Sure there is. Replace "reading" by "it" or "this." Let's talk about how this works over a cup of coffee. I wonder if my students know how this works. Let's take this machine apart and find out how it works. (To a class full of students) Ok, listen up everybody. Today we are going to disucss how atomic reactors work. (Now replace "atomic reactors" with "reading." Having said all that, let me reiterate what I had said earlier. I was only guessing at what the sentence should have been, because I do not see how "the way of reading works" fits in. To me, it would make sense only if "of" is not there.
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表