6、严禁辩手用马甲来支持自己的观点,管理员将根据后台统计来监督比赛的公正性;

7、奖励:比赛正方、反方各设“最佳辩手”一名,授予“最佳辩手”勋章,同时奖励鲜花200元;

参与辩论的所有成员每人奖励50元;参与投票的每人奖励5元

8、此次活动最终解释权归英语家园网站。大家有什么意见和建议,请发到“家园事务”版块。

注意:

1、请不要选“中立”立场,因为中立立场别人无法投票,如果已经选了,请重新发一贴,然后发短信给管理员,删除中立的那个。

2、大家投票请不要点观点下面的支持,而应点辩手观点那里的“投我一票”.

正方观点 (4)

British English is the classic English, all other English starts from British Style

反方观点 (9)

American English is evolved from British one, soaked up all the goods and took out the downsides

辩手:1 ( 加入 )

辩手:7 ( 加入 )

最新评论

zf87 发表于 2008-6-13 10:23:45

American English is preferred

I disagree the argument that"American English is evolved from British one, soaked up all the goods and took out the downsides". There is no good or bad in a language.

One cannot change his/her language environment, and the only thing he/she can do is to face it, and get used to it. Personally, I feel the US is more influential both economically and politically all over the world. It is the overwhelming American English coming to us, rather than our choice.
tdj0808 发表于 2008-6-13 12:55:17
pensonally ,i m confused with this topic ,what's the aim of this argument? tojudge which is better? andi think the two opinion are not opposite in fact
juswer 发表于 2008-6-13 13:07:47

American English ,i think!

Anything is developing ,Including English !
Angellinda 发表于 2008-6-13 13:51:24

support it on 2

Ameircan English is better I think.
jasonzrj 发表于 2008-6-13 15:27:51
原帖由 tdj0808 于 2008-6-13 12:55 发表

pensonally ,i m confused with this topic ,what's the aim of this argument? tojudge which is better? andi think the two opinion are not opposite in fact

hmm, maybe i should do more explaination be4 we get this started, i am sorry, my bad.

what i want to debate is the differences betwwen British Englsih(referred as BE)and American English(referred as AE).

most of us can tell the differences from these 2 style of language, from spelling, way of using to pronounce, there are differences

more or less. Therefore, i want to know which one you guys prefer to learn and stick on it

is it clear enough? if not, feel free to let me know, i will try to work it out. thank you
jasonzrj 发表于 2008-6-13 15:34:35
原帖由 zf87 于 2008-6-13 10:23 发表

I disagree the argument that"American English is evolved from British one, soaked up all the goods and took out the downsides". There is no good or bad in a language.

One cannot change his/her la ...

Hmm, i believe you got some misunderstandings about what the topic states, AE evolved from BE doesnt mean there is something bad there,

Like in BE colour spells that way, and in AE color is spelling like that, this is some kind of evolution.

I didnt hold a negative mark for the BE or AE, somehow, one letter shorter for a word might be easier for the people who want to

spell it.And obviously, COLOUR isnt a wrong word, just in a different shape/spell/form.

[ 本帖最后由 jasonzrj 于 2008-6-13 15:36 编辑 ]
jeniffer116 发表于 2008-7-15 18:25:36
In my opinion, American English is easier for freshman to practise learning english. The language speed of British english is so fast many new leaners can't follow the language
Yamin 发表于 2008-7-18 14:05:56

I support British English

British English is classic and traditional, unpopular is not a reason to negate it. Another reason I support it is that I like the emotion and dialect when British is speaking, they make the listeners believe that the speaker must be very distinguished and gentle.
sellerofwords 发表于 2008-7-22 13:42:31
I like American English because it sounds more like dulcet music when I listen to VOA. I, however, once met a man from Britain, and his pleasant pronunciation was fantastic. What is more, BE has a standard version of pronunciation and that is the one of those people living in London while in the United States we don't have such a universally accepted rule of pronunciation.In terms of grammar and spelling, I prefer American English because it is more open. On the other hand, shouldn't we keep some traditions in an era when everything is deconstructed?

What ambivalence!
sblol 发表于 2008-7-24 00:11:31

American English should be paid more attention

When comparing British English and American English, several factors should be taken into consideration.With its highly developed economy and powerful political influence, America has taken the leading role of the world. Correspondingly, the chance is bigger for us to communicate with Americans than with Englishmen. As a result, it's more beneficial for us to learn American English.
芥末膏 发表于 2008-7-25 16:54:48
I prefer American English. It sounds nicer and casual.
eskimojoe 发表于 2008-9-4 21:23:12

we'd better start from the British one

i think as a foreign language learner , we should learn from the traditonal one, from the basis, you can have a change from the American one, the change included, the pronunciation, the use of apostrophe and some developmemt of the phrases, depends on how much you like these two different styles.
leec1120 发表于 2008-12-5 11:06:17
i like AmE more .because it sounds good
bear00 发表于 2008-12-6 23:49:03
this topic didn't have deadline?
fime1213 发表于 2008-12-27 20:43:19

American english is growing much popular

You 'll easilyfind American english is much better for communication ifyou are not a native speaker of english, so i do think American english will be much welcomed than British english in the world.
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表