注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问移动社区

搜索

不让工作压力进家门

发布者: chrislau2001 | 发布时间: 2008-10-22 13:32| 查看数: 1488| 评论数: 3|

Keeping Work Stress Under Control at Home

We've tackled this subject here before, but, it seems like something we all face regularly: Keeping work stress at bay when we get home. It's becoming harder as the economy and its problems hit closer to home, with colleagues being laid off, clients disappearing and worries about whether or not our jobs are secure (and if they are, will there be a raise next year?).

I've been pretty good at leaving work stress at the door. When I walk in and my son comes running, arms outstretched, yelling 'Mommy, mommy,' the stress kind of melts away. Working at a newspaper has it's fair share of tense moments. That's particularly true these days, especially at a financial newspaper. I find that lately it's been harder to leave the day at the door. I still give the big hug and smile, but the stress of the previous 9 or 10 hours seems to hang with me for longer.

It's a little worse for my husband, who works in risk management. His clients and his book of business are directly impacted by the financial meltdown. One of his clients no longer exists, others have been bought up or merged into companies that aren't his clients. He's scrambling to make up for lost business while also maintaining what he has. The result: Almost every night for the past several weeks, he comes home and starts with, 'You would not believe what happened today,' before proceeding to spill the stress of the day.

Sometimes, I feel like I've just had half the weight of the flailing market unloaded on me! And our son listens, bewildered (he just turned 3, after all) and waits for daddy — or mommy, if it's been a very stressful day — to finish up. I've started stopping my husband immediately with a gentle reminder that maybe he could wait until he at least says hello and gives out a few hugs.

Readers, how do you check stress at the door? Are you finding it harder? Do you have any cooling-off rules?

最新评论

chrislau2001 发表于 2008-10-22 13:32:55
我们此前在这里讨论过这个话题,不过这似乎是我们所有人都会频繁遇到的事情:把工作压力拒之家门外。要做到这一点变得越来越难,因为当下经济和诸多问题的压力正日益迫近家庭,我们已经目睹了同事失业和客户流失,还担心着自己是否能保住饭碗(如果能保住,那明年还能不能加薪?)。

在对工作压力关上家门这方面,我一直做的相当不错。当我走进家门,儿子会一边喊着“妈妈,妈妈”一边伸着胳膊跑过来,这个时候压力就烟消云散了。在一家报社工作总有其紧张的时刻。对供职于金融媒体的我来说,这些日子压力尤为明显。我发现最近不让压力进入家门变得更加困难。虽然我回家还是会微笑拥抱家人,但此前9或10个小时的工作压力似乎会更久地萦绕着我。

对从事风险管理的丈夫来说,状况更糟一点。随着金融体系崩溃,他的客户和业绩都受到了直接冲击。他的一位客户不复存在了,还有的客户被不是他客户的公司收购或合并了。他一直在努力挽回失去的业务,同时还要尽力保住现有的业绩。结果就是:过去几周几乎每个晚上,他一回家就开口说“你不会相信今天发生了什么”,然后就开始大倒那天的苦水。

有时候,我觉得损失惨重的市场有一半的重量都压在了我身上!而我们的儿子就在一旁听着,只能一头雾水地等着他的爸爸或妈妈(如果那天真的非常紧张的话)排解完压力。毕竟他才刚刚3岁。我已经开始立即打住丈夫的这种势头,温柔地提醒他或许至少在先问好和拥抱之后再开始诉苦。

读者们,你们是怎么不让工作压力进家门的呢?你们觉得越来越难了吗?你们又有什么冷静下来的好法子呢?
wireless 发表于 2008-10-22 17:32:58
to keep work stress out of home,everytime you get at home,just keep in mind:I love my wife,I love my baby,I love my family,I should not give my anger to my dear families.
chrislau2001 发表于 2008-10-23 09:55:19
You are lucky and happy.

How I admire you!
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表