英语家园

 找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问移动社区

搜索

历年四级阅读理解逐句翻译:2008年6月(2)

发布者: anro | 发布时间: 2011-3-5 13:14| 查看数: 1438| 评论数: 1|

二、

Someday a siranger will read your e-mail without your permission or scan the Website you've visited.

某天,有陌生人在未经许可的情况下阅读了你的电子邮件,或者浏览你访问过的网页。

Or perhaps someone will casually glance through your credit card purchases or cell phonebills to find out your shopping preferences or calling habits.

或者某人偶然看了你的信用卡购买记录或者手机账单,发现了你的购物喜好和打电话习惯。

In fact, it's likely some of these things have already happened to you.

实际上,类似的事情很可能已经在你身上发生过了。

Who would watch you without your permisson?

谁会在未经许可的前提下监视你?

It might be a spous, a girlfreiend, a marketing company, a boss, a cop or a criminal.

很可能是配偶,女朋友,市场公司,老板,警察或者罪犯。

Whoever it is, they will see you in a way you never intended to be seen - the 21st century equivalent of being caught naked.

无论是谁,他们都会以一种你绝对不希望的方式来观察你,在21世纪,这无异于裸体相向。

Psychologists tell us boundaries are healthy, that it's important to reveal yourself to friends, family and lovers in stages, at appropriate times.

心理学家们告诉我们有界限是健康的,在适当的时间,分阶段地向朋友,家庭和爱人展现自己十分重要。

But few boundaries remain.

但现在几乎没有什么界限了。

The digital bread crumbs(碎屑) you leave everywhere make it easy for strangers to reconstruct who you are, where you are and what you like.

你留下的数据面包屑无处不在,这使得陌生人能够轻而易举地重构你的身份、你的所在地和你的喜好。

In some cases, a simple Google search can reveal what you think.

在某些情况下,简单的谷歌搜索就可以揭示你所想的。

Like it or not, increasingly we live in a world where you simply cannot keep a secret.

不管你喜欢不喜欢,我们生活在一个越来越无法保守秘密的世界。

The key question is: Does that matter?

问题的关键是:这是否重要?

For many Americans, the answer apparently is "no."

对于很多美国人而言,回答显而易见:不重要。

When opinion polls ask Americans about privacy, most say they are concerned about losting it.

当民意调查问美国人对隐私的看法时,大部分美国人都会担心失去隐私.

A survery found an overwhelming pessimism about privacy, with 60 percent of respondents saying they feel their privacy is "slipping away, and that bothers me."

一个调查发现了关于隐私的势不可挡的悲观情绪,有60%的受访者说他们觉得自己的隐私“正在悄悄地溜走,这让我很困扰”

But people say one thing and do another.

但人们总是言行不一。

Only a tiny fraction of Americans change any behaviors in an effort to preserve their privacy.

仅有很少一部分美国人改变他们的行为,去保护他们的隐私。

Few people turn down a discount at tollbooths(收费站) to avoid using the EZ-Pass system that can track automobile movements.

很少有人会为了便面使用可以追踪汽车形成的过路系统,而拒绝收费站的折扣。

And few turn downsupermarket loyalty cards.

很少有人会决绝超市的会员卡。

Privacy economist A lessandro Acauisti has run a series oftests that reveal people will surrender personal information like Socail Security numbers just to get their hands on a pitiful 50-cents-off coupon(优惠卷)。

隐私经济学家亚历山德罗-阿奎斯迪曾进行过一系列的研究,其结果显示,人们会为了得到可怜的50美分的优惠券而献出他们的个人信息,如社会保障号。

But privacy does matter - at least sometimes.

但是隐私真的很重要---至少某些时候很重要。

It's like health: When you have it, you don't notice it. Only when it's gone do you wish you'd done more to protect it.

正如健康一样,当你拥有的时候,并不会注意到。只有当失去了,才会后悔当初没有为保护它而做些什么。

最新评论

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表