2009年上海市青浦区初三学业模拟考试

发布者: dongluonan | 发布时间: 2009-5-28 23:54| 查看数: 3243| 评论数: 4|

2009年上海市青浦区初三学业模拟考试

英 语 试 卷 Q.2009.4

满分150分,考试时间100分钟考生注意:本卷有9大题,共106小题。试题均采用连续编号,所有答案务必按照规定在答题纸上完成,做在试卷上不给分。

Part 1

Listening
(第一部分

听力)I. Listen and choose the right picture (根据你听到的内容,选出相应的图片): (6)

II. Listen to the dialogue and choose the best answer to the question you hear (根据你听到的对话和问题,选出最恰当的答案): (10)

7. A) 8:00

B) 8:15

C) 8:30

D) 7:45

8. A) Rainy

B) Cloudy

C) Sunny.

D) Windy.

9. A) The second turning.

B) An underground station.

C) Fifth Street.

D) The nearest supermarket.

10. A) Canadian.

B) Australian.

C) American.

D) British.

11. A) On foot.

B) By bus.

C) By bicycle.

D) By underground.

12. A) Swimming.

B) Running.

C) Cycling.

D) Skiing.

13. A) Tonight.

B) Next morning.

C) This afternoon.

D) Tomorrow.

14. A) Husband and wife.

B) Teacher and student.

C) Father and daughter.

D) Brother and sister.

15. A) 40 yuan.

B) 20 yuan.

C) 22 yuan.

D) 18 yuan.

16. A) She is working in the reading-room

B) She is surfing the Internet in the computer room.

C) She is reading in the library.

D) She is talking with our headmaster.

III. Listen to the passage and tell whether the following statements are true or false (判断下列句子是否符合你听到的内容, 符合的用“T”表示,不符合的用“F”表示):

(7)

17. In a bookshop, the assistant will come up to you and say, “Can I help you?”

18. If you can’t find out a book you want, the assistant will help you.

19. In fact, the assistant in the bookshop doesn’t want to sell any books at all.

20. The book was so expensive that the student couldn’t buy it.

21. The student had to go to the bookshop to read the book every day.

22. One day the student couldn’t find the book in its usual place.

23. The book had been sold and the student couldn’t read it any longer.

IV. Listen to the passage and fill in the blanks (根据你听到的内容,完成下列空格,每空格限填一词): (7)

l

Miss Mona lived in a small

(24)

l

Miss Mona lived alone and didn’t like

(25)

at all.

l

Miss Mona was very

(26)

after the young couple moved out.

l

She was woken up by the barking of a dog at

(27)

o’clock the next morning.

l

Miss Mona telephoned the young man to say some unpleasant

(28)

about the dog.

l

The young man lived

(29)

Miss Mona.

l

The young man rung up and said, “I

(30)

a dog.”

Part 2

Vocabulary and Grammar
(第二部分

词汇语法)V. Choose the best answer (选择最恰当的答案): (26)

31. Our English teacher asked us to write ______ 80-word passage yesterday afternoon.

A) a

B) an

C) the

D) /

32. A terrible earthquake happened in Wenchuan ______ May 12, 2008.

A) /

B) in

C) at

D) on

33. About ______ students in this college will be the volunteers of the World Expo.

最新评论

dongluonan 发表于 2009-5-28 23:56:51
A) three hundred                B) hundred                        C) hundreds of                        D) hundreds

34. Nowadays people usually get ______ information from TV, newspaper and the Internet.

A) quite a few                        B) a number of                C) a lot of                        D) a pair of

35. There are two English books on the desk, but ______ of them is mine.

A) both                                B) neither                        C) all                                D) none

36. –Jack, how are you feeling today?

-- Much ______. I think I can go to school tomorrow.

A) good                                B) better                                C) well                                D) best

37. My sister Mary swims faster than ______ student in her class.

A) any                                B) any of                                C) any one                        D) any other

38. ______ you have been to America for many times, you must know something about this country.

A) Since                                B) Although                        C) Unless                                D) When

39. We’re going to Heping Cinema. You can come with us, ______ you can meet us there later.

A) and                                B) but                                C) or                                D) so

40. Miss Wang asked me ______ I was busy with the test those days.

A) that                                B) if                                        C) when                                D) what

41. I am very hungry now. Mum, ______ will the meal be ready?

A) how soon                        B) how far                        C) who                                D) which

42. Simon, you ______ do your homework today. Leave it for tomorrow.

A) needn’t to                        B) not need to                        C) don’t need                        D) don’t need to

43. ______ interesting the film we saw last night is!

A) How                                 B) What                                C) What a                        D) What an

44. Don’t play football near the river. Why not ______ it on the playground?

A) plays                                B) playing                        C) to play                                D) play

45. Nowadays it is convenient for us ______ many things on-line.

A) buy                                B) buying                        C) to buy                                D) buys

46. My friends ______ some foreigners around the Century Park this time yesterday.

A) is showing                        B) are showing                C) was showing                D) were showing

47. Mr. Ken ______ more than sixty Chinese paintings since he came to Shanghai five years ago.

A) collects                        B) collected                        C) has collected                D) will collect

48. –Where is your uncle?

-- He ______ to Hong Kong. He will come back in two weeks.

A) has been                        B) had been                        C) has gone                        D) went

49. Sometimes the lion ______ “the king of the jungle(森林)” because it is very strong and dangerous.

A) is called                        B) called                                C) are called                        D) calls

50. Peter was here just now. Perhaps he is in the teachers’ office. The underlined part means ______.

A) in time                        B) a short while ago        C) just then                        D) at the same time

51. These days many young people are keen on Korean love TV series(韩剧). The underlined part means ______.

A) dislike                        B) turn to                                C) are proud of                D) are fond of

52. Ladies and gentlemen, attention, please. The plane will ______ in ten minutes.

A) take off                        B) take up                        C) set out                                D) set up

53. Yang Liwei ______ about 21 hours travelling around the earth 14 times in the spaceship.

A) took                                B) spent                                C) paid                                D) cost

54. Could you tell me when ______?

A) will the scientist arrive                                        B) the scientist would arrive

C) the scientist will arrive                                        D) would the scientist arrive

55. – Bill fell down from the motorcycle and hurt his leg.

– ______.

A) That’s not too bad.                                                B) I’m sorry to hear that.               

C) He should be careful.                                                D) Really? He is too careless.

56. – Excuse me, you’re in the way.

– I’m sorry I can’t hear you clearly. Would you please pardon?

– ______.

A) That’s all right.                                                        B) OK. I’ll say it once more.

C) I’m sorry. Please go ahead.                                D) Excuse me, you’re in the way.

VI. Complete the sentences with the given words in their proper forms(用括号中所给单词的适当形式完成下列句子): (共8分)

57. All the students in Shanghai should help fightto protect the environment. (pollute)

58. Now the good method isused in the experiments. (wide)

59. The old man wasto the policeman who found the lost car for him. (thank)

60. For thetime he became worried about the future because of the global financial crisis (金融危机). (one)

61. Mother bought a nice dress the day before yesterday, and now she is dressing . (she)

62. Qingming Festival is an important Chinese festival to remember people’srelatives. (die)

63. Professor Brown can still tell quite a few funny , although he is already in his eighties. (story)

64. Boltin winning the gold medal in the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games.(success)

VII. Rewrite the following sentences as required(根据所给要求,改写下列句子。每空格限填一词): (共12分)

65. The new flat cost Mr. Black a lot of money. (改为否定句)

The new flat ______ cost Mr. Black ______ money.

66. The red bike belongs to my mother. (对划线部分提问)

______ ______ belongs to your mother?

67. Whiz-kid Wendy’s never late for work.(改为反意疑问句)

Whiz-kid Wendy’s never late for work, _____ _____?

68. The boy is so strong that he can carry the heavy safe easily. (改为简单句)
dongluonan 发表于 2009-5-29 00:32:01
The boy is strong ______ ______ carry the heavy safe easily.

69. By the time he was six, he had started learning Japanese. (保持句子原意)

He ______ learning Japanese ______ he was six.

70. James Nai. Smith, a Canadian doctor invented basketball. (改为被动语态)

Basketball ______ ______ by James Nai. Smith, a Canadian doctor.       

Part 3Reading and Writing (第三部分 读写)

VIII. Reading comprehension (阅读理解): (共56分) 

A 

There was once a king who had plenty of money and always bought beautiful clothes, but he was prouder of his boots than of anything else that he wore.

The king had a very good servant(仆人), but he was old. One day, the old servant died and another man came to take his place.

The king’s new servant was young and clever, but lazy. One morning, seeing that his boots had not been cleaned, the king called the new servant and said to him, “I’m going for a ride this morning, and my boots have not been cleaned.”

“Your Majesty(陛下),” answered the new servant very politely, “it rained a lot last night, and there is a lot of mud(泥) on the roads this morning. If I clean your boots now, they will soon get dirty again, so it is a waste of time to clean them.”

The king said nothing, but after he returned from his ride and had eaten his lunch, he did not leave any food for his servant as he usually did.

The servant waited and waited, and then at last when he felt very hungry, he said, “Please, Your Majesty, you have not given me anything for my lunch yet.”

“Oh,” answered the king calmly, “it would be a waste of time to give you any food now, because you would only be hungry again in a few hours’ time.”

True or False(判断下列句子是否符合短文内容,符合的用“T”表示,不符合的用“F”表示): ( 7分)

71. The king was very rich and he always bought beautiful clothes.

72. The king liked his boots better than beautiful clothes.

73. The old servant was badly ill, so the king had to find a new one.

74. One day the servant didn’t clean the boots because he was busy.

75. The king didn’t want to have a ride with a pair of dirty boots.

76. After hearing what the servant said, the king didn’t say anything.

77. The king gave the servant something for his lunch as usual.

B  

What’s on in Shanghai

Dining        Nightlife        Stage        Cinema        Art        Travel        Business        Beauty

This May is a busy month in Shanghai. There are lots to do. Here are the highlights.

Live Music-Late Night Jazz

Enjoy real American jazz from Herbie Davis, the famous trumpet(小号) player. He’s coming with his new 7-piece band, Herbie’s Heroes. Herbie is known to play well into the early hours so don’t expect to get much sleep. This is Herbie’s third visit to Shanghai. The first two were sold out,so get your tickets quick.

PLACE: The Jazz Club DATES: 15-23 May

PRICE:¥80,¥120(from Friday to Sunday) TIME: 10 p.m. till late!

TEL: 6557-6898

Scottish dancing

Take your partners and get ready to dance till you drop. Scottish dancing is fun and easy to learn. The teachers, Gordon Stroppie and the Weefrees, are excellent. They will also demonstrate the dances.

PLACE: Jack Stein’sDATES: every Monday

PRICE:¥60 including one drinkTIME: 7-10 p.m.

TEL: 6427-3957

Exhibitions-Shanghai Museum

There are 120,000 pieces on show here. You can see the whole of Chinese history under one roof. It’s always interesting to visit, but especially so at the moment with the Egyptian Tombs(埃及陵墓) exhibition.

PLACE: Shanghai Museum DATES: daily

PRICE:¥30 (¥15 for students) TEL: 6888-5066

TIME:Monday-Friday 9a.m.-5p.m.,Weekends 9a.m.-9p.m.

Dining-Sushi Chef in town

Sushi is getting really big in Shanghai. In Japan, it’s become an art form. The most famous sushi “artist” is Yuki Kamura. She’s also one of the few female chefs(厨师) in Japan. She’ll be at Sushi Scene all of this month.

PLACE: Sushi Scene in the Shanghai HotelDATES: all month

PRICE:¥240TIME: lunchtime

TEL: 6690-2315

Choose the best answer(根据短文内容,选择最恰当的答案): ( 7分)

78. Which activity is the cheapest?

A) Enjoying American Jazz.                                B) Learning Scottish dancing.

C) Visiting Shanghai Museum.                                D) Dining at Sushi Scene.

79. If you want to learn Scottish dancing, which number should you dial?

A) 6427-3957                        B) 6690-2315                        C) 6888-5066                        D) 6557-6898

80. How much should you pay if you want two tickets for the American Jazz on Friday?

A) ¥240                                B) ¥160                                 C) ¥120                                D) ¥80

81. Who can play trumpet very well?

A) Yuki Kamura.                

B) Gordon Stroppie.

C) The Weefrees.

D) Herbie Davis.

82. Where can you go if you want to eat Sushi?

A) The Jazz Club.                                                        B) Jack Stein’s.

C) Shanghai Museum.                                                 D) The Shanghai Hotel.

83. Which of the following statements is NOT true?

A) Sushi has become a kind of art in Japan.                        

B) We can go to the Shanghai Museum every day.

C) Herbie has never been to Shanghai before.               

D) It is not difficult to learn Scottish dancing.

84. The word “demonstrate” probably means ______.

A) sing                                 B) show                                 C) watch                                D) have                

C 

Tourists in space

Man has been traveling into space for more than 40 years. Even today though, very few people get the chance to be an astronaut, about 30 per year. This is mainly because of the expense. It costs millions of yuan to train and send astronauts into space. Very few countries can(85)this.

This is why American businessman Dennis Tito paid 20,000,000 US dollars to the Russian space agency to go into space. He visited the International Space Station. His(86), making him the first ever space tourist, took eight days altogether. He spent most of his time taking photos, looking at the Earth and listening to music on his once-in –a –lifetime trip.

After landing(87)back on earth, Mr. Tito thought the trip was worth the money. The only difficulty he had was walking but this is normal(正常) for anyone who’s been in zero gravity(重力).

Some people, especially in the American space agency, think that you must be(88)to go into space. They worry about the safety of other astronauts. However, Mr. Tito received training before he left. He also helped to prepare food for the others while in space. They told him what to do and where he was(89)to go.

A survey showed that 75% of Americans supported space tourism. Some people are bored of all the places on earth. They are looking for a new(90)trip and space is the place.

The money Mr. Tigo gave the Russians equaled 20% of their annual budget (年度预算). If we want to see men on Mars and other planets, we may need rich people(91)Mr. Tito to help us pay for it. The Russians have more rich people who want to become space tourists. They should take them.

Choose the words or expressions and complete the passage(选择最恰当的单词或词语完成短文):

(14分)

85. A) give        B) afford        C) receive        D) prove

86. A) plan        B) money        C) trip        D) time

87. A) heavily        B) easily        C) safely        D) hardly

88. A) international        B) traditional        C) special        D) professional

89. A) allowed        B) made        C) noticed        D) invited

90. A) developing        B) surprising        C) boring         D) exciting

91. A) except        B) like        C) with        D) from

D.

Read the passage and fill in the blanks with proper words(在短文的空格内填入适当的词,使其内容通顺,每空格限填一词,首字母已给):(14分)

Shanghaihua (上海话):use it or lose it

There are about 6.000 languages in the world and some experts say that as many as half of these languages will disappear in the next one hundred years. Will Shanghaihua be one of t(92)? It’s a question that more people are asking.

In China, Putonghua is the official language. That m(93)it’s the language of government, business and the media(媒体). And it’s also the language that is used in schools.

Shanghai is a special city. It is modern, fashionable and sophisticated (老练的). And Shanghaihua shows that by being modern, fashionable and sophisticated.“I love riding on the b(94) and listening to people speaking Shanghaihua.” Miss Evans, an American reporter said. “ I don’t understand a word they are saying but I like the sound of the language. It sounds smoother than Putonghua. And Shanghainese like things “renao”(热闹)so even a discussion about the weather can sound like an argument or a party. My bus rides are a(95)interesting.”

Young people still speak Shanghaihua but not as well as their parents and grandparents. They are under more and more pressure(压力)to speak Putonghua. So the language is being used l(96)often in everyday life. Some people want to keep the language from disappearing completely by building museums and having cultural festivals to save it. But a language isn’t a painting or a book. It’s a living thing and you e(97)use it or lose it.

If people stop using it in their d(98)lives, a museum or a festival will not help. It will be lost forever , like the Yangtze River dolphin.

E.

Asia Pop Idol(偶像):Rain

He uses his stage name, Rain, when he works as a singer and dancer. His real name is Jung-Ji-hoon and he is also a famous actor.

He showed his interest in dancing ever since he was in the 6th grade. As a teenager, he was part of the boy band(乐队) group called “fan club”. Years later, Park Jin-young (Korean singer) took Rain under his wing and trained him for years in dancing and singing. During those training years Rain was not at home much and didn’t have enough money, so at times he had to train without meals.

Finally in 2002 the song “Bad Guy” made him famous. Following the success of the first album(专辑), he came back with a new set of music in his 2nd album. In 2004, he acted in a successful drama called Full House which was welcomed in other Asian countries such as the Philippines, Indonesia, China, Malaysia, Thailand and Japan. His performance in Full House has won him the “Best Actor Award” at the KBS Acting Awards. It is hard to describe his dancing with simple words because it is a mixture of so many different elements. He has created a whole new style of his own. In Beijing he won the “Best Korean Singer” Award. Since his success in 2002, the 26-year old has become one of the most popular Korean artists in Asia.

Singer Park Jin-young once said to his friends, “I was always wondering whether Rain understood what I said because he never said anything when I scolded (责备) him. One day I entered his room, and was surprised to discover a wall covered with notes. Every note was filled with my words and advice. ” Rain had written down every single piece of advice his older friend had given him and had been doing his best to correct his mistakes and improve his skills.

Answer the questions(根据短文内容回答下列问题): ( 14分)

99. What is Rain’s real name?

100. How is Rain’s life during the training years?

101. When did Rain become famous?

102. What made him win the “Best Actor Award” at the KBS Acting Awards?

103. Who discovered the notes on the wall of Rain’s room?

104. Did Rain try his best to correct his mistakes?

105. What can we learn from Rain?

IX. Writing (作文): (共18分)

106. Write at least 60 words about the topic “How to Learn English Well”. (以“怎样学好英语”为题写一篇不少于60个词的短文,标点符号不占格。)

注意:1.不得抄袭试卷中阅读文章,否则不给分。

2.短文中不得出现考生的姓名、校名及其它相关信息,否则不予评分。

Questions for reference: (以下要点仅供参考)

1.        Is there any good way to improve our English? (Give one or two examples.)

2.        How can we prepare for the English Exam?

You may begin like this: (以下文字不计入短文词数)

Many students study hard to improve their English, but things don’t go better with their hard work. ┅
dongluonan 发表于 2009-5-29 00:36:46
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复
 细◆叶叶 发表于 2012-2-16 17:32:57
有答案吗?
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表