找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问移动社区

搜索

[原创]Journal 1

发布者: Cactus | 发布时间: 2005-10-28 14:57| 查看数: 5436| 评论数: 2|

<FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3><st1:date Month="10" Day="28" Year="2005">October 28<SUP>th</SUP>, 2005</st1:date>         Friday                             Sunny and windy<o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>
<o:p><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3></FONT></o:p>
<FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3>Once again, I picked up my previous hobby of keeping a journal in English, though there are not so many special things happening everyday.  I’m trying to follow my former writing teacher’s advice that a few lines are better than nothing.<o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>
<FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3>I got up at <st1:time Hour="7" Minute="30">7:30</st1:time> this morning, and then went to work. The bus remained crowded as former, and I felt quite satisfied with being able to get a place to rest my heavy laptop. However, I was truly unhappy when a migrant worker managed to occupy the vacant seat spared by the original passenger as soon as possible, though he got on board much later than me. I had been too exhausted to sit there waiting for any possible vacant seat for so long, only to find that this person “stole” it from me. I couldn't help staring at him. He just looked around as if he didn't even see my implication of scolding. Later, he fell asleep. Looking at him, I suddenly set free of my unsatisfaction against him. "He must be too tired to stand, and I just choose to understand and forgive him," I told to myself. <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>
<FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3>As a matter of fact, it's very common in this city that when the empty bus is coming, the waiting passengers just rush in a hurry to get on board. They often use their arms to push others back in order to get a seat. Sometimes, some immigrant workers seem to enjoy this kind of activity so much that they even yell out like “Oh, oh, oh,” and when they manage to occupy a seat, they will even wear a look of pride in their faces. <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>
<FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3>More than once, I've heard that some of the “old aunties” in the local community are complaining that this metropolis has been polluted or ruined by the immigrant workers, as they are really too dirty and noisy. According to these aunties, the immigrant workers are building illegal dangerous shelters everywhere, and they also make the surroundings very dirty. They simply don’t understand the rules of living in the capital, for they are also violating the traffic laws or other administrative policies very often. All these might be part of the true story. Nevertheless, I’m sick of the biased conclusion that the immigrant workers are as dirty as “dogs” in this city, and they should go back home.<o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>
<FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3>These immigrant workers are not able to receive high education and thus losing the chance to get a decent job. Due to the gap of living standard or environment, they cannot be as well-educated as the white-collar workers, though they might also dream of wearing a clean and formal dress to go to the office everyday. Actually, they have been deprived by the privilege of education and living a decent life, isn't it cruel to criticize them without even respecting them as an equal human being?<o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>
<FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3>As people living in such an international metropolis, I think openness is indispensable. We are expected to respect the diversity in culture or behaviors in other's shoes. With this kind of openness, we can build a much more harmonious society.<o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT><br><br>

最新评论

lazybones 发表于 2005-11-1 08:39:42
[摘录] If there is dignity in the soul, there will be beauty in a person;If there is beauty in a person,there will be harmony in a family;If there is harmony in a family, there will be order in a nation;If there is order in a nation, there will be peace in the world.
Please explain "behaviors in one's shoes".

Stone 发表于 2008-5-7 08:25:36
Being look down upon, I had the seme experience in Guangzhou, though I was a college student. I once spent half an hour looking for a telephone on the street because my cellphone was power-off,no shop keepers allowed me to use their phones for one minute though I said I would pay for it. I guess in their eyes, I must be a poor man from a poor family and could not find a job in Guangzhou. I hate those people who judge a person by his clothes.
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表