找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问移动社区

搜索

Does history do matter to all of us?

发布者: shunitang | 发布时间: 2009-6-18 12:13| 查看数: 2399| 评论数: 6|

Some people believe that history is little or nothing to people. Others think that people must study history to understand the present.

So in your eyes,does history mean a lot to people and how?

最新评论

shunitang 发表于 2009-6-20 14:13:23
What kind of role does history play in our life? Can we abandon or forget the history? Some people believe that history is little or nothing to people, while others think history does matter in the human life from the past to the present even the future, just as a celebrity said: “we study history to understand the present; we understand the present to guide the future.”

As we know, China is an ancient country with 5,000-year splendid history which is precious and valuable treasure to her offsprings and also we are proud of the long grand history. We can learn a lot from history. History tells us the glorious times in feudal societies and the fall after its peak and glorious time. We can ponder over these changes, and get some enlightens as a guidance combining with our current situation. In China Modern history, we can’t forget the times of Eight-Power Allied Forces war of aggression against China, this period of humiliated history like an alarm warns us that China must be strong as a rising star by our joint efforts.

Take the Wenchuan earthquake as an example, it is really a tragedy and disaster to many families. The quake brought us pains and a great loss of lives and fortunes. It indeed becomes history in our memory, while it is unforgettable, we have witnessed acts of sacrifice and heroism, compassion and courage, unity and fierce determination. We have been reminded that we are citizens with obligations to each other, to our country, and to our history.

Many people just say: well, let the history or the past gone with the wind. While, just think more, history plays an important role in the development of human being, we can’t discard history, and let the history serve today
leec1120 发表于 2009-6-20 22:42:04
i do think history does matter in our life, for we can learn a lot from history.
leec1120 发表于 2009-6-20 22:44:44
and i dont think we should be bound up by the experience we've learnt from history
shunitang 发表于 2009-6-20 23:22:16
how great!

lee,u r back!
leec1120 发表于 2009-6-21 00:00:36
yeah... i finally am back to the cozy family... so excited to see you guys... and so glad to see itz turning lively here...
sunnytong 发表于 2009-6-21 10:43:38
hi,dear,good luck to you!

I am still here..

just kinda lonely

and nice to see u!
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表