QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问移动社区

搜索

Mickey's Goal 米基的进球

发布者: 韩国 | 发布时间: 2009-6-28 11:58| 查看数: 1891| 评论数: 0|

Mickey's Goal 米基的进球

来源:《英语温馨夜读I》
  人们有时会盲目地认为只有符合成功标准的成功才是真正令人向往的成功,其实不然。成功其实在于人心里的标准,认真努力之后得来的一切成果都是值得喝彩的。何况这世上的人本来就不可能都是属于同一标准的,请擦亮心灵的眼睛为努力付出的人喝彩吧!

Last night was the last game for my eight-year-old son's soccer team. It was the final quarter. The score was two to one, my son's team in the lead. Parents surrounded the playground, offering encouragement.

With less than ten seconds remaining, the ball suddenly rolled in front of my son's teammate, Mickey O' Donnel. With shouts of "Kick it!" echoing cross the playground, Mickey turned around and gave it everything he had. All around me the crowd erupted. Donnel had scored!

Then there was silence. Mickey had scored all right, but in the wrong goal, ending the game in a tie. For a moment there was a total hush. You see, Mickey has Down syndrome and for him there is no such thing as a wrong goal. All goals were celebrated by a joyous hug from Mickey. He had even been known to hug the opposing players when they scored.

The silence was finally broken when Mickey, his face filled with joy, hugged my son tightly and shouted, "I scored! I scored. Everybody won! Everybody won!" For a moment I held my breath, not sure how my son would react. I need not have worried. I watched, through tears, as my son threw up his hand in the classic high-five salute and started chanting, "Way to go Mickey! Way to go Mickey!" Within moments both teams surrounded Mickey, joining in the chant and congratulating him on his goal.

Later that night, when my daughter asked who had won, I smiled as I replied, "It was a tie. Everybody won."

精美译文:
  昨晚是我八岁儿子所在足球队的最后一场比赛。现在到了最后时刻,比分是2:1,我儿子的球队领先。父母们都围在场地周围,不时地加油助威。

离比赛结束不到十秒时,球滚到了我儿子的队友--一个叫米基·唐纳利的队员面前,“射门”的呼喊声传遍了全场。米基弓身抽脚,用足全身的力气把球踢了出去。人群沸腾起来:唐纳利射中了!

突然,全场又归于沉寂。米基确实射中了,但却射错了球门,以平分结束了比赛。片刻间,全场一片静寂。你知道吗,米基得了唐氏综合症(此症患者智力、行动速度低于常人),对他来说,根本没有射错球门这回事,所有进球米基都会以欢快的拥抱表示祝贺。大家都知道,对手进球时他甚至拥抱过对方队员。

最后,沉默被打破了。米基满脸欢喜,抓住我儿子,拥抱着他,高声叫道:“我进球了,我进球了!大家都赢了!大家都赢了!”霎时间,我屏声敛气,不知道儿子会作何反应。我有点儿多虑了。透过朦胧的泪眼,我看到儿子甩出手去,用传统的方式与米基击掌庆贺,开始有节奏地叫着:“米基!!”转瞬之间,双方队员都围过去,开始欢唱,祝贺他们进了球。

那天晚上回来后,女儿问我谁赢了,我笑着回答:“踢平了,大家都赢了。”

注释:
1. erupt v. 爆发

2. hush n. 寂静

3. Down syndrome唐氏综合症

4. high-five击掌

5. salute n. 致敬,问好

6. tie n. 不分胜负的比赛

最新评论

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表