注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问移动社区

搜索

公寓伙伴系列节目- (适合跟读和背诵)--episode 2

发布者: katy | 发布时间: 2011-10-18 14:59| 查看数: 915| 评论数: 0|

Episode 2: In the flat

Tim: Alice this is my cousin Michal - our new flatmate. He's really missing his friends.

Alice: Oh, Michal let me take your mind off that...So, where are you from?

Michal: From near Warsaw - the Polish capital.

Alice: Oh, what do you do?

Michal: I'm a guide tourist.

Alice: So interesting! Why are you visiting London?

Michal: To improve my English.

Alice: Oh, well, why not come out with us now? Then we can cheer you up and you can practise your English at the same time.

Compound Words 复合词

Compound words are made up of two (or more) separate words. You can combine nouns (a flatmate), adjectives (lovesick) or verbs (jump-start) to make compound words. 复合词由两个(或更多)单独的词组成。可以用名词(a flatmate),形容词(lovesick)或动词(jump-start)组成复合词。

Sometimes they become one word (有时它们可组成一个词):

clear.gif
flatmate (noun)
lovesick (adjective)

Sometimes they become two words (有时它们可组成两个词):

tourist guide (noun)
travel agent (noun)
Sometimes they become hyphenated (有时它们可以由连字号,即“-”连接起来):

low-paid (adjective)
film-goer (noun)
Note: There are no hard and fast rules about which category each compound word goes into but a good dictionary will tell you. You can also help yourself by making a note of new compound words you come across and the category they go into.

注意:复合词应该属于哪类词没有硬性规定,但查询一本好词典一般可以获得解答。平时遇到新的复合词的时候应注意记录,并了解它应该属于哪类词。

Generally the stress is on the first word (重读一般都放在头一个词上面):

phone box (noun)
smoke-free (adjective)
spoon-feed (verb)
Vocabulary (词汇):

A flatmate (n): a person who shares a rented house or flat with other people 与他人共同租住同一个住宅或单元房的人

Lovesick (adj): a feeling of such strong emotion for someone that it makes you feel almost ill (but not actually physically ill) 因思念某人而害相思病(并非身体真的有病)

A tourist guide (n): someone who shows visitors around places of interest 带领游客四处旅游的导游

Low-paid (adj): earning a small amount of money for working 低收入的

To spoon-feed (v): 1: to feed someone (usually a baby) with a spoon. 2: to give someone so much information or help that a task or job is very easy for them 用调羹喂某人(如婴儿、病人);娇生惯养

最新评论

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表