英语家园

找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问移动社区

搜索

Aoi 突破口语 十五课作业——3组,Lelio(steve jobs speech 6)

发布者: geniepeng1118 | 发布时间: 2011-10-25 23:23| 查看数: 1138| 评论数: 1|

None of this had even a hope of any practical application [] [ˌæpliˈkeiʃən] [] [ˌæplɪˈkeʃən] in my life.

But ten years later, when we were designing the first Macintosh [ˈmækintɔʃ] computer, it all came back to me. And we designed it all into the Mac.

It was the first computer with beautiful typography [] [taiˈpɔɡrəfi] [] [taɪˈpɑɡrəfi].

If I had never dropped [] [drɔp] [] [drɑp] in on that single course [] [kɔ:s] [] [kɔrs, kors] in college [] [ˈkɔlidʒ] [] [ˈkɑlɪdʒ],the Mac [mæk] would have never had multiple [] [ˈmʌltipl] [] [ˈmʌltəpəl] typefaces or proportionally spaced [] [speis] [] [spes] fonts[] [fɔnt] [] [fɑnt].

And since Windows just copied the Mac, it's likely that no personal computer would have them.

If I had never dropped out, I would have never dropped in on this calligraphy

[] [kəˈlɪgrəfi:] [] [kəˈlɪɡrəfi] , and personal computers might not have the wonderful typography that they do.

Of course it was impossible to connect the dots looking forward when I was in college.

But it was very, very clear looking backwards ten years later.

最新评论

lazyoldcat 发表于 2011-10-26 10:31:58
thank you for reading while you are sick. good reading. good voice. good speed. a few words:

* single: you read: thingle

* fonts: you read: fines

* impossible, forward: please make sure you read these two correctly, you can ask ms. aoi to read them to you on class.

for your good attitude: 10/10
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表