找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问移动社区

搜索

2011年自考英语考试:自考英语二精选题辅导(7)

发布者: anro | 发布时间: 2011-11-12 14:30| 查看数: 1459| 评论数: 0|

Some boys join the Navy(海军) when they are quite young, and are then given a course of training as sailors. It is a long course, both on land and at sea.During it, the boys study things like mathematics and science as well as learning to tie knots(系鞋带), fire guns and to 11 other practical things.

One of the important things they are 12 is, of course, how to swim. In the old days, many sailors were unable to swim, 13 nowadays it is rare to find one that cannot.

At one school for sailors, the swimming instructor was very good.He had never failed to teach anybody to swim by the time the course ended.One year, however, 14 was one particular boy on the training course 15 seemed quite unable to learn to swim.The instructor tried giving him extra lessons, but he had 16 success at all, whatever he did.In the end, as the time drew near for the course to end, he had to admit defeat.

One day, he called the boy aside after the swimming lesson and said 17 him “ John, I have tried very hard to teach you to swim,but I have failed 18 the first time in my life.Now, I want to give you a piece of 19 . Listen carefully.”“Yes, sir,” answered the boy. “Well,”the instructor went on, “if you are ever in a ship and it sinks, just jump over the side into the sea, go right down to the bottom and run to the shore as 20 as you can. That is the only way you will save your life.”

11. A.do

B.teach

C.finish

D.watch

答案:A

[解析]根据上下文前面说到孩子们学习数学和科学以及学习怎样系鞋带,因此后面应该是填do, 做其它的一些实践活动。

12.A. learned

B.studied

C.done

D.taught

答案:D

[解析]根据上下文判断,这句话的意思是:其中最重要的是教给孩子怎样游泳。