找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问移动社区

搜索

跟奥巴马学英语:我将竞选美国总统

发布者: tlsd001 | 发布时间: 2011-12-26 16:18| 查看数: 1086| 评论数: 0|

That’s why we were able to reform a death penalty system that was broken. That’s why we were able to give health insurance to children in need. That’s why we made the tax system more fair and just for working families, and that’s why we passed ethics reforms that the cynics said could never, ever be passed.   这是为什么我们能够改革千疮百孔的死刑体制,为贫困儿童提供健康保险,并使得税收体制更为公平和公正,以有益于工薪阶层家庭的原因。这也是为什么我们通过了被那些愤世嫉俗者宣称永远不能通过的道德改革法案的原因。   It was here, in Springfield, where north, south, east, and west come together that I was reminded of the essential decency of the American people—where I came to believe that through this decency, we can build a more hopeful America.

正是在这里,在斯普林菲尔德市,来自四面八方的人们汇集于此,让我忆起了美国人民的正统—我逐渐相信通过这种正统,我们能够建设一个更加充满希望的美国。   And that is why, in the shadow of the Old State Capitol, where Lincoln once called on a divided house to stand together, where common hopes and common dreams still live, I stand before you today to announce my candidacy for President of the United States.

缘此,在古老的国会大厦下面,在林肯曾经呼吁分裂的议会团结一致的地方,在共同的希望和梦想仍然鲜活的地方,我今天站在你们面前宣布我将竞选美国总统。

[经典句型] 强调句——It was here, in Springfield, where north, south, east, and west come together that I was...,这种句型经常用在当众演讲、做报告等场合下,可以很好的提高句子的感染力...

[点评] 这句话强调了地点状语“here, in Springfield, where north, south, east, and west come together ”

最新评论

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表