找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问移动社区

搜索

双语故事:互相相助! The Help!(一)

发布者: betty9011 | 发布时间: 2012-10-23 18:08| 查看数: 1026| 评论数: 0|

But one night he working late at the Scanlon-Taylor mill, lugging two-by-fours to the truck, 1splinters slicing all the way through the glove. He too small for that kind a work, too skinny, but he needed the job. He was tired. It was raining. He slip off the loading dock, fell down on the drive. Tractor trailer didn't see him and crushed his lungs fore he could move. By the time I found out, he was dead.

一天晚上,他在斯坎伦-泰勒轧机厂干到很晚,拖着的木料往货车上装,木刺划破手套,扎得满手都是。他太瘦,个头又小,干不了那重活儿,可他需要那份工作。他累得支撑不住,天又下雨,他滑倒了,从装卸月台上摔下来,一头栽进车道。拖车司机没瞧见他,他还没来得及挪身,车就从他身上碾过去了。等我找到他的时候,他已经断气了。

That was the day my whole world went black. Air look black, sun look black. I laid up in bed and stared at the black walls a my house. Minny came ever day to make sure I was still breathing, feed me food to keep me living. Took three months fore I even look out the window, see the world still there. I was surprise to see the world didn't stop just cause my boy did.

从那天起,我整个世界都黑了。空气是黑的,太阳是黑的。我躺在床上直愣愣地盯着屋里黑的墙壁。明尼每天都来看我,以确保我还有气息,她喂我进食,让我残喘地活下去。整整三个月后,我才抬眼看窗户外头,看外头的世界是否照旧。我惶惑地发现整个世界竟然没有因为我儿子的死停下半分。

Five months after the funeral, I lifted myself up out a bed. I put on my white uniform and put my little gold cross back around my neck and I went to wait on Miss Leefolt cause she just have her baby girl. But it weren't too long before I seen something in me had changed. A bitter seed was planted inside a me. And I just didn't feel so accepting anymore.

葬礼之后又过了五个月,我起身下床。我穿上白色制服,又把小小的金十字架戴回脖子上,随后前去服侍李弗特小姐,她刚生下个女娃。但没过多久我便发现我的心已不复从前。苦涩的种子在我体内悄然埋下,我不再那么容易敞开胸怀了。

声明:如果本文侵犯您的权益,请联系本站删除!

最新评论

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表