Unit 14 The wrong 12-year-old! 第14单元 不该遇上的12岁少年
Lesson 27 第27课
Listening and Understanding 听力理解
Robert: Did you hear about Jake Oliver, Dad?
罗伯特:爸爸,你听说过杰克·奥利弗吗?
William: Jake Oliver?
威廉:杰克·奥利弗?
Robert: You know. He's the world karate champion. He came first in his age-group last year.
罗伯特:要知道,他是空手道世界冠军。去年,他取得了他那个年龄组的冠军。
William: Oh, yes. He's only 12, isn't he?
威廉:噢,对了。他才12岁,对吧?
Robert: That's right. He lives in Bristol. He was on his way home from a practice session last week, and a tall guy with a hood grabbed him.
罗伯特:对。他住在布里斯托尔。上周,在他上完训练课回家的路上,一个戴风帽的高个子拦住了他。
This guy wanted him to hand over his mobile phone.
这人让他交出手机。
Robert: Jake said to himself, 'I earned this phone! I worked really hard to be able to buy it!'
罗伯特:杰克对自己说:“这个手机是我自己挣来的,我非常努力地工作才买了它!”
William: Obviously, he wouldn't want a thief to take it like that!
威廉:显然,他是不会让这个贼把手机拿走的!
Robert: Right!
罗伯特:说得对!
Robert: So the guy tried to punch him. Jake stepped sideways, and gave him one in the face. It broke the guy's nose.
罗伯特:所以那人就要打他。杰克一侧身闪开了,并照着那人的脸给了一拳,结果打断了他的鼻子。
There was blood everywhere. The thief held his nose and ran!
血流得到处都是。那个贼捂着鼻子跑了!
William: He picked the wrong 12-year-old! What a great story!
威廉: 他找到这个12岁的少年可是找错人了!这个故事真棒!
Robert: Yeah, well, Dad. I want to learn karate now.
罗伯特:是的。对了,爸爸,我现在想学空手道。
William: I can understand that, Robert. But I don't want you to get into fights. What will your mother say?
威廉:我能理解你的想法,罗伯特。但是我不想让你卷入打斗中。你妈妈会怎么说呢?
Robert: That's the question, Dad. I'd like you to ask her.
罗伯特:问题就在这儿,爸爸。 我想让你去问她。 |
|