英语家园

 找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问移动社区

搜索

《新英语900句生活篇》情景对话第3课

发布者: LittleFox | 发布时间: 2013-5-3 23:12| 查看数: 2066| 评论数: 0|

对话一:

KAREN:Hi there

卡伦:嘿!

HENRY:Hey,I haven't seen you in awhile.

亨利:嘿,一段时间不见你了。

KAREN:Sorry about that. I've been really busy.

卡伦:抱歉,我一直都很忙。

HENRY:So what's kept you so busy that you couldn't keep in touch with you friends?

亨利:什么事让你这么忙?连与朋友联系的空儿都没有了?

KAREN:I took a vacation to New Zealand for three weeks.

卡伦:我去了新西兰旅游了三个星期。

HENRY:That sounds awesome. Why did you choose to go to New Zealand?

亨利:听起来棒极了。你为什么要选择新西兰呢?

KAREN:Because there I could do one of my favorite hobbies.

卡伦:因为在那里我能做一件我最喜欢的事情。

HENRY:What's that?

亨利:什么?

KAREN:My favorite hobby is bungee jumping.

卡伦:我最喜欢的是蹦极跳。

HENRY:What's that?

亨利:那是什么?

KAREN:You tie a long elastic cord around your ankle, and then jump off something very high such as a cliff, bridge of building.

卡伦:你用一根长长的弹力绳缠住脚腕,然后从很高的地方跳下去,比如悬崖、大桥或高楼等。

HENRY:Are you kidding?

亨利:你是开玩笑吧?

KAREN:No, Why would you thing I was kidding

卡伦:不。你怎么会认为我是开玩笑呢?

HENRY:Because it is so dangerous

亨利:因为那太危险了。

KAREN:No,it's not. If you do ti correctly and follow the proper safety precautions it's not that dangerous.

卡伦:不,不是的。如果你使用正确的方法,遵守适当的安全措施,起始不不是很危险。

HENRY:Aren't you Scared?

亨利:你不害怕吗?

KAREN:Of course, but that's what makes it exciting and fun.

卡伦:当然,但那就是它的刺激与乐趣所在呀。

HENRY:I think I would be too frightened to try that.

亨利:我想我就不敢去试了。

KAREN:Why?

卡伦:为什么?

HENRY:I would imagine that the rope would break and I would fall to my death.

亨利:我会想象绳子端掉,而我也就会摔死的。

KAREN:That won't happen if you choose responsible people who will follow hte safety rules.

卡伦:如果你选择遵守安全规则的负责任的人来协助你,那是不会发生的。

HENRY:Still,I thinkI will stick to knitting. It's not so scary.

亨利:尽管如此,我想我还是安心织毛衣好了,这没有那么可怕。

KAREN:You just don't know what you're missing.

卡伦:你就是不知道你失去了什么。

对话二:

JACK:Hi, Susan.

杰克:嘿,苏珊。

SUSAN:Hello there, Jack. I didn't hear you come up.

苏珊:你好,杰克。我没有听到你上来。

JACK:Am I interrupting you from doing anything important?

杰克:我打扰了你做要紧事吗?

SUSAN:No, I'm just passing some free time.

苏珊:不,我正有空,在消磨时间而已。

JACK:What do you like to do in your free time?

杰克:空闲的时候你喜欢做什么?

SUSAN:One of my favorite things to do is to read a good book on the couch.

苏珊:我的爱好之一就是坐在沙发上读一本好书。

JACK:Isn't that boring?

杰克:那不会很无聊吗?

SUSAN:I don't think so.

苏珊:我不觉得。

JACK:I prefer to do active things such as playing sports.

杰克:我喜欢比较活跃一点的,比如做运动。

SUSAN:Oh, I enjoy sports too, but reading gives me a chance to relax.

苏珊:哦,我也喜欢运动,但读书可以让我放松。

JACK:But it's so dull.

杰克:但太枯燥了。

SUSAN:How can you think that? Books let you imagine that you are in so many exciting new situations.

苏珊:你怎么会那样想呢?书籍能让你体会更多新鲜刺激的经理,犹如身临其境。

JACK:What kinds of books do you like to read?

杰克:你喜欢看哪种书?

SUSAN:I really like adventure stories. I especially like the ones where people travel to far off places and they meet very different cultures. Doesn't that sound exciting?

苏珊:我很喜欢探险类故事,尤其是讲主人公走到很偏远的地方,遇到非常新奇的风土人情的那一类故事。这很令人兴奋,不是吗?

JACK:I guess so, but wouldn't you like to play soccer whth me instead?

杰克:我想是的。但你不想跟我一起去踢足球吗?

SUSAN:How about we play soccer today, but let me recommend a book that you won't think is boring,I think that after you read it you will find it so thrilling that you won't ever think books are boring again.

苏珊:今天我们可以去踢足球,但先让我给你推荐一本你绝不会感到无聊的书。我想你看了之后,一定会觉得非常兴奋,以后再也不会觉得读书物料了。

JACK:Sounds good. I always want to try new hobbles. Maybe you will want to try out some sports other than soccer.

杰克:听起来不错。我一直都想尝试新的东西,那我就有新的爱好。也许你会愿意尝试一下别的运动吧,不要老是踢足球。

JACK:Oh, all kinda of sports. Tennis, swimming, rugby, and basketball, Just to name a few.

杰克:哦,所有的体育运动。随便举些例子,比如网球、游泳、橄榄球和篮球。

SUSAN:Only if you agree to read some different kinds of books as well.

苏珊:那你也要答应读一些不同种类的书。

JACK:It's a deal.

杰克:就这么说定了。

对话三:

BOBBY: Hi,Jane.

博比:嗨,简。

JANE: Oh good, it's you, Bobby. You're just the person I wanted to see.

简:哦,太好了,博比。我正想找你呢。

BOBBY: Is that so? Then I'm glad I ran into you.

博比:是吗?那我真高兴我碰上了你。

JANE: I was wondering if you could tell me where you find baseball cards to collect.

简:你能告诉我你是在哪儿收集到这些棒球卡片的吗?

BOBBY: Sure. There is one store on Main Street where I go to buy a lot of baseball cards. It's very popular.

博比:当然可以。中心街有一个商店,我在那儿可以买到很多棒球卡片。那家店非常受欢迎。

JANE: Do you remember the name?

简:你还记得商店的名字吗?

BOBBY: It's called Joey's Baseball Memorabilia.

博比:叫乔伊棒球收藏专柜。

JANE: Thanks. I really appreciate it.

简:谢谢。实在太感谢你。

BOBBY: No problem. Why the sudden interest in baseball cards?

博比:不用谢。你为什么突然喜欢起棒球卡来呢?

JANE: My son just became intersted in baseball and he wants to start his own collec-tion of baseball cards. I remember that you have been collecting cards for years and should know many good places he can get cards.

简:我儿子刚迷上棒球,他想收集棒球卡片。我记得你收集棒球卡片好几年了。应该知道很多可以买到这些卡片的地方。

BOBBY: Tell him it's a great hobby. I've collected them since I was a little boy.

博比:告诉他这是一个很好的业余爱好。我很小的时候就开始收集棒球卡片了。

JANE: Do you think your collection is very valuable?

简:你认为你的收藏有价值吗?

BOBBY: Definitely. My collection is worth many thousands of dollars.

博比:当然有。我的收藏品价值好几千美元呢。

JANE: That much?

简:有那么多吗?

BOBBY: I own several cards that are very rare so that makes them very expensive.

博比:我有一些卡片非常罕有,因此非常珍贵。

JANE: I hope my son enjoys this hobby as much as you seem to.

简:我希望我二字也像你那么喜欢这项活动。

BOBBY: It's much better than collecting other things like stamps, shells, or dolls.

博比:这比收集其他的诸如邮票、贝壳、玩具娃娃之类的东西要好多了。

JANE: Thanks for your help.

简:谢谢你的帮助。

最新评论

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表