注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问移动社区

搜索

谁为我们昂贵的梦想买单?

发布者: wendy1502 | 发布时间: 2013-5-6 10:00| 查看数: 891| 评论数: 0|

谁为我们昂贵的梦想买单?

What Can We Do for Our Expensive Dreams?

谁为我们昂贵的梦想买单?

Dear Brad,

I felt a little confused recently. My dad talked to me about what kind of college I should choose in the near future. I would like to choose media as my major, for I want to be a hostess or a reporter. But it may cost a lot of money, and my family is not rich. Accordingly, my dad wants me to be a teacher. However, I have no interest in it. Now I fall into a dilemma: Should I persuade my family to support me or choose to do what seems reasonable?

Elaine

Hi Elaine,

I know that college is expensive in China (and here, also) but that you can train to be a teacher more cheaply. I think you can consider the idea of teaching because teachers can make a very big difference in the lives of their students. It is a good profession and you will always have a job. You will probably never get rich but you will always have the ability to earn money. I'm sure you have had a teacher who you think really helped you at some point during your schooling and you could be that person to some other young person.

Having said that, if you really have your heart set on being a hostess or a reporter and if your father will help you to reach your dream when he is moved by your insistence, that may be the best thing for you. After all, it will be easier to study something in which you are interested than something you don't like and that should help you to do well. But you should also remember that your father is probably going to have to work very hard. So, if you have made your decision and your father promises to hold out for you and support your dream, you should work very hard and try to be very successful to honor him and yourself.

Best wishes!

最新评论

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表