QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问移动社区

搜索

谷歌眼镜用户的礼仪指南

发布者: sunny214 | 发布时间: 2013-5-21 10:30| 查看数: 1095| 评论数: 0|

DEAR GOOGLE GLASS WEARER,

亲爱的谷歌眼镜佩戴者:

Congratulations! You're one of the privileged few who've scored a pair of Google GOOG +1.94% Glass, the futuristic eyewear that puts a tiny, voice-controlled, Wi-Fi-enabled computer on your face. It's the most anticipated gadget since the iPad, iPhone or iAnything, really. And the best part? You members of Google's 'Explorer Program'─mostly app developers and supernerds─will be testing Glass in the wild months before the general public will get to wear it, fingers crossed, at the end of the year.

恭喜!您已成为少数能够优先体验谷歌眼镜的幸运者。这款未来感十足的眼镜相当于在面部安装了一款可声控、并具无线网络连接的微型电脑。这是继iPad、iPhone和其他苹果产品之后最令人期待的科技新品。而最棒的是什么呢?就是您也同时成为了谷歌“探索者项目”(Explorer Program)的一员,该项目大部分成员都是应用开发者和超级技术宅。你们将在谷歌眼镜正式上市前的几个月中对其进行实际测试,而我们普通人──但愿可以实现吧──到年底才能用上谷歌眼镜。

Soon you'll be able to view emails, text messages and maps on a translucent screen hovering in the upper-right corner of your peripheral vision. Breaking news alerts will appear right before your eyes. You'll snap photos just by saying, 'OK Glass, take a picture.' In other words, you'll be able to perform tasks everyone else has to do with their grubby hands and filthy smartphones─what Neanderthals!

很快你便可以用余光在右眼上方的半透明屏幕上浏览邮件,处理文字信息和使用地图。重大新闻提醒将准确地出现在你眼前。你可以通过发号施令“好了,眼镜,拍照”(OK Glass, take picture)进行拍照。换句话说,当你在通过语音进行所有操作时,其他人还得用“污浊”的双手掏出他们那“肮脏”的手机──多过时啊!

Google says there will be thousands of you Explorers wearing Glass around town over the next few months. I'm jealous, even though it looks dorky. (Just go to the 'White Men Wearing Google Glass' Tumblr for proof.) I've spent some time with Glass here and there, mostly asking Explorer pals if I can try theirs, and every time, I almost cried when I had to give it back.

谷歌公司透露,接下来的几个月中将会有上千名同你一样的“探索者”佩戴这款眼镜。尽管戴上它看著有点“二”(去轻博客Tumblr上搜索“戴着谷歌眼镜的白人”就能明白我的意思了),我还是羡慕嫉妒恨。虽然已经陆续使用过几次谷歌眼镜,但大部分时候我都是向“探索者”同伴们借来把玩的,每次要还给他们时,我都依依不舍。

I'm looking forward to the day when Glass is so ubiquitous that wearing one doesn't make you look like a cyborg. But, at the moment, I'm a little concerned. New technology has a way of bringing out our rude and annoying side─just think of the guy who walked into you while composing a text or the woman in line at the dry cleaner who was shouting into her cellphone. And because Glass is a wearable device that calls attention to itself, you early ambassadors have to be on extremely good behavior. I'd hate for you to squander any goodwill toward Glass before the rest of us have a go at it. Here are some basic rules of etiquette for you─and future Glass wearers─to keep in mind:

我很期待谷歌眼镜无处不在的那一天,这样带上它就不会让你看起来像个机器人了。但同时,我又有一丝担忧。新科技可能引发人性粗鲁以及令人厌烦的一面──想想这样的场景吧:一个走向你跟你会面的人却正忙于编辑信息,一个在干洗店排队等候的女士正对着电话不停地咆哮。由于佩戴谷歌眼镜本身就会招来许多目光,所以作为早期形象大使的你们就更需要以身作则。我可不希望在其他用户还未能接触这款眼镜之前,你们就做出损害谷歌眼镜声誉的事情。因此,请你们,以及未来的谷歌眼镜使用者们牢记一些基本的礼仪准则。

Always remember: You have a camera on your head.

时刻记着:你头上有照相机。

And there's no way for others to tell whether that camera is on or off. Sure, people might notice the tiny screen near your eye sparkling when they look closely. But that could be anything from a text message to an episode of 'Parks and Recreation.' Naturally, people are going to be spooked out about whether or not you're recording them.

旁人无法辨别谷歌眼镜上的照相机是否开启。当然,当他们凑近看时,可能会注意到你眼睛旁边的小屏幕在闪光。但这也可能源于其它操作,例如收到了一条短信或者正在看美剧《公园与休憩》(Parks and Recreation)。人们自然地会担心你是否是在给他们拍照。

How do you assuage their fears? Don't say, 'Well, there are probably cameras recording you right now that you don't know about,' or 'It'd be easier for me to secretly snap a picture of you with my phone.' That all may be true, but still─you have a camera on your head. It's practically a third eye. People have every right to feel uncomfortable. Acknowledge that.

怎样减轻他们的恐惧?不要说“其实说不定现在就有照相机在拍你,你只是不知道而已”,或者说“用我的手机来偷拍你比用眼镜拍容易多了”。这或许都是真的,但请记住他们的担心是因为你头上有照相机,这相当于是第三只眼。你必须承认,人们有权利对此感到不舒服。

Tell them that it was a mistake for Google not to put a red light indicating that a photo or video is being taken, and that you hope there will be one in future iterations (even though evil folk may find a way to somehow disable the light).

你应该告诉他们,没有设计一个红灯来显示设备正在拍摄一张照片或者一段视频是谷歌公司设计的失误,你希望在下一代产品中能够改进(虽然心术不正的人可能会想尽办法来掩饰这个功能)。

Be courteous and take the device off in locker rooms, public bathrooms, business meetings, movie theaters and anywhere else where wielding a camera would be improper or offensive.

在更衣室,公共浴室,商业会议,影院和任何不适合或禁止使用照相机的地方,请礼貌地摘下谷歌眼镜。

But, you ask, won't that be difficult when Glass is outfitted with prescription lenses one day? Good question. Let's hope Google or a third-party company invents some sort of artful lens cap for the camera.

但你也许会问,在这些场合摘掉眼镜,对于佩戴近视镜片的谷歌眼镜用户岂不是太麻烦了么?问得好!且请期待谷歌公司或者第三方开发者能发明一款巧妙的镜头盖吧。

Use voice commands only when you need to.

需要时再使用声控。

One day, Glass might become as ubiquitous as mobile phones and it won't be that weird to hear the phrase 'OK Glass'─which lets the eyewear know to listen for a command─before a request for a weather update or the Mandarin translation of 'Two beers, please.' But ask yourself: Can I do whatever I'm about to do with Glass more politely by using my smartphone? It's OK to ask Glass for directions or to quickly respond to a text while walking alone down the street. But if you find yourself dictating long emails or using Glass to tweet whenever you think of something funny, that's just overkill.

有一天,谷歌眼镜可能会和手机一样普遍,旁人在听到“好了,眼镜”(“OK Glass”)这个命令时也不会再感到奇怪。这个命令能够让眼镜候命于你,比如你需要最新天气信息或者想知道“Two beers, please”这句话的中文意思。但请扪心自问:相比智能手机,我能更合理地使用谷歌眼镜做我要做的事情吗?利用谷歌眼镜询问方向,或者在行走时迅速回复短信当然没有问题;但用它口述超长邮件,或者只要你想到什么有趣的东西就发条微博,就太过张扬了。

Don't use Google Glass to make phone calls in public.

不要在公共场合使用谷歌眼镜打电话。

Yes, it's basically the equivalent of a Bluetooth headset. Yes, people talk on Bluetooth headsets all the time. But it's still annoying.

没错,这时谷歌眼镜相当于蓝牙耳机。没错,人们的确经常使用蓝牙耳机。但这样做仍然让人讨厌。

Give it a rest sometimes.

适时给谷歌眼镜放个假。

You know how that guy with the Bluetooth headset became Bluetooth Headset Guy, the most grating tech villain in existence today? It's because he never took his headset off. (And, yeah, talking loudly to thin air didn't help either.) I know, this slightly defeats the purpose of having a heads-up display and camera that's always at the ready. But for most of your day, try to go for the normal-human look.

你知道一个带蓝牙耳机的人是如何赢得“蓝牙男”这个迄今为止科技类恶棍里最令人讨厌的称号吗?因为他从不摘下他的耳机(真的,即使只是大声对着空气说话,也无法使他摘下耳机)。当然我也明白,这与即时启动显示器和照相功能的目的相悖。但大多数时候,请努力让自己看上去像个正常人。

Also, it's annoying to talk to someone who keeps glancing up and to the right every 10 seconds. Turn Glass off when there's someone in front of you.

而且,和一个每隔十秒就向右上角瞄一眼的人说话,真的十分令人厌烦。所以当有人站在你面前时,请关掉谷歌眼镜。

Don't be creepy.

不要太猥琐。

All it's going to take is for one Glass wearer to record or photograph someone or something that shouldn't have been filmed to ruin Glass for everyone. Let's not incite lawmakers or angry mobs. Stick to photographing kittens, consenting friends and those totally amazing pancakes from your favorite brunch spot, OK?

也许只是因为某位佩戴者拍了不该拍的人或者不该拍的东西,就会导致所有人失去使用谷歌眼镜的机会。让我们试着不要去挑战立法者和愤怒暴徒的底线;坚持只给小猫小狗、愿意拍照的朋友和午餐店内美味的薄煎饼拍照吧,好么?

Let people try it on.

让人们试一试谷歌眼镜。

You'll probably get sick of people asking you if they can have a go with it, but be gracious. Once people see how Glass is essentially a glorified hands-free headset/wearable camera, they'll get on board. If enough of us embrace your new headgear, that will chip away at Glass's social stigma─which is the only way something this crazy-seeming will be accepted en masse.

你可能会十分厌烦周围的人向你借用谷歌眼镜,但请潇洒一点。一旦人们发现谷歌眼镜实质上是一款精美的免提耳机和可佩戴式相机时,他们也会成为谷歌眼镜的支持者。如果支持这款头戴设备的人足够多,就会减少谷歌眼镜的社会抵触,这也是唯一让所有人都接受这款看似十分疯狂的产品的唯一途径。

Happy, uh, Glass-ing? Let's hope you don't ruin modern society and the tenuous rules of tech etiquette as we know them!

开始使用谷歌眼镜了,很兴奋吧?现在我们已经知道这些细微的基本科技礼仪了,希望你不要破坏它们,不要破坏现代社会秩序。

Your pal,

你的伙伴,

Kevin

凯文

最新评论

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表