多少人曾爱慕你年轻时的容颜
When you are old
叶芝不朽情诗:当你老了
When you are old and gray and full of sleep,
| 当你老了,白发苍苍,睡思昏沉,
| And nodding by the fire, take down this book,
| 在炉火旁打盹,请取下这部诗歌,
| And slowly read, and dream of the soft look
| 慢慢读,回想你过去眼神的柔和,
| Your eyes had once, and of their shadows deep;
| 回想它们昔日阴影的浓重;
| How many loved your moments of glad grace,
| 多少人爱你年轻欢畅的时刻,
| And loved your beauty with love false or true;
| 出于假意或真心地爱慕你的美貌;
| But one man loved the pilgrim soul in you,
| 只有一个人爱你那朝圣者的灵魂,
| And loved the sorrows of your changing face;
| 爱你逐渐老去的脸上痛苦的皱纹;
| And bending down beside the glowing bars,
| 躬身在火光闪耀的炉火旁,
| Murmur, a little sadly, how love fled.
| 凄然地低语那爱的消逝,
| And paced upon the mountains overhead,
| 在头顶的山上,爱缓缓踱着步子,
| And hid his face amid a crowd of stars.
| 将脸隐没在群星之中。
|
|