只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问移动社区

搜索

四六级写作天天练 : 维系家庭的故事

发布者: wendy1502 | 发布时间: 2014-3-8 09:00| 查看数: 938| 评论数: 0|

四六级写作天天练 : 维系家庭的故事

欢迎参与,想要得到专业主持人的点评和意见一个加家园四六级QQ群(英语家园-david(13632346))。

背景介绍:

On the night while eating with my extended family in Chinese New Year’s Eve, I noticed that family members on the table seem to be absent-minded. Grandparents sat above the salt, looking a little bit tired. Middle-aged members were talking about different things in different groups, while young generation were playing with digital gadgets. Suddenly I was aware about a sad thing, what happened to my extended family? It seemed to be falling apart, gradually.

I cannot blame anyone for this, because this is what happening in many families in China. Due to the One-Child Policy and huge population migration, an extended family has become a rare thing across the country. Young family members rush into big cities, leaving their elder parents and children behind. It seems more and more families are falling apart. Even at the reunion party of Chinese New Year’s Eve, family members who come back from different part of China are absent-minded at the table. We are not supposed to be like this!

Family, the sweet home, is losing its value day by day, and money seems to predominate everything. I clearly remember that when I was a kid, there was a competition in my community, a competition for model family. The final winner would get a red flag embroidered with ‘五好家庭’ on it. Any family who won this flag would feel a great honour and cherish it as the most precious thing in this world. However, this sort of competition disappears for a long time. Nobody cares about it anymore.

We have to do something to change the situation, since we cannot afford the loss of our tradition as well as our roots. A study in Emory University has recently revealed stunning insights into how to make families work more efficiency. According to the research, it is believed that all the 'strong families’ (those with tighten family bonds) share one thing in common: they all have developed a strong family narrative. And reports also found that students from those 'strong families’ tend to do better when they face the challenges. In other words, the more children knew about their families’ histories, the strong their sense of control over their lives, the higher their self-esteem, and the more successfully they believed their families functioned.

This research gives us a great approach of enhancing family bonds by narrating stories from generation to generation. And in this way, each family is able to pass its unique history, value and pride downwards.

话题:

1.What’s your family’s pride?

2.Do you think it is effective of enhancing family bonds by telling stories? Is there a good narrator in your family?

3.Share anything about ‘family’ with us.

范例1:

People have different lives and have diverse interests, with various believes and values; people may have contrasting priorities. At the same time, there are many things people have in common. When we hear a story that touches our hearts, the same emotion may be evoked. The event may be touching, happy, sad or unjust; the story may reach us at different levels. If the same story can make the society feel the same way, it will bind people together. Everyone will be compelled to take the same side and take the same course of action.

最新评论

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表