找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问移动社区

搜索

英语中居然有这些神奇的"真相"! 学了这么多年你一定不知道

发布者: Mia2011 | 发布时间: 2014-9-30 07:34| 查看数: 998| 评论数: 0|

除了看似“枯燥”的语法,英语中其实还有很多有趣的故事。比如,你有想过字母i和j上为什么会有一点?立志成为“单词达人”的小伙伴,你可知道英语词汇增加的速度?看过下面这些外国小伙伴发现的 “神奇”真相,世纪君相信,你一定会对英语产生别样的兴趣~一起开启“发现之旅”吧!

1. The first letters of the months separating June and December spell ‘JASON’. July, August, September, October, November.

在6月到12月之间的月份,它们的第一个字母拼起来就是JASON。(好冷~)

0.jpg

2. Earth is the only planet in our solar system that’s not named after a god.

Earth(地球)是太阳系中唯一没有以神的名字命名的行星。(是因为上面住着人类么?)

0.jpg

The others are Mars, Venus, Uranus, Jupiter, Mercury, Saturn and Neptune (Pluto RIP).

其余行星是:Mars(火星,战神),Venus(金星,维纳斯,美神),Uranus(天王星,乌拉诺斯神),Jupiter(木星,朱庇特,爱神),Mercury(水星,墨丘利),Saturn(土星,农神),Neptune(海王星,海神尼普顿),Pluto(冥王星,普鲁托,冥王,已被除名)。

3. English is the official language of the skies, and all pilots, regardless of their country of origin, identify themselves in English on international flights.

英语是“空中官方语言”:所有的飞行员,不管他们来自哪个国家,在国际航行中都要使用英语。

0.jpg

4. English is the third most commonly spoken language in the world (the first and second are Mandarin Chinese and Spanish).

英语是世界上使用人数第三多的语言,排第一和第二的分别是汉语普通话和西班牙语(中国小伙伴表示呵呵呵~)。

0.jpg

5. More English words begin with the letter “S” than any other letter of the alphabet.

在词汇表中,以“S”开头的单词最多。(这难道就是每次按字母表顺序背单词背到“S”就想撕书的原因?)

0.jpg

6. “Typewriter” is one of the longest common words you can type on the top row of a typewriter.The others include “proprietor”, “repertoire”, and “perpetuity”.

“Typewriter”(打字机)是用打字机键盘第一行所能打出的最长的单词之一。其他的还有 “proprietor”(所有人,业主;地主)和“perpetuity”(永远,永恒)。(电脑键盘也是这样哟,不相信的小伙伴可以试试!)

0.jpg

7. “I” is the oldest word in the English language.

“I”是英语中最最古老的单词。

0.jpg

8. The game of marbles gave us the phrase “knuckle down” (placing your knuckles on the floor lined up a better shot).

短语“knuckle down”(向……屈服;认输)来自弹珠游戏,意思是把你的指节放在地上从而打得更准。

0.jpg

9. The dot above the letters “i” and “j” is called a superscript dot.

“i”和“j”上面的小点儿叫做上标点。

0.jpg

10. “Almost” is one of the longest English words to have all its letters in alphabetical order.

“Almost”是所有字母按照字母表顺序排列的单词中,最长的一个词。

0.jpg

11. Approximately one new word is added to the English language every two hours.

几乎每两个小时,英语中就会增加一个单词。(背单词的速度赶不上单词增加的速度啊喂!)

0.jpg

12. And the dictionary grows by about 4,000 words a year.

而且,字典每年都要增加大约4000个单词。

0.jpg

13. Most English grammar and spelling follow the standardised rules set out in Dr Johnson’s Dictionary, which was published in 1755.

大多数英语语法和拼写都遵循《约翰逊博士字典》中制定的标准化规则,而这本字典是1755年出版的。

0.jpg

14. Only two modern English words end in “-gry”: “angry” and “hungry”.

在所有现代英语词汇中,只有angry和hungry是以-gry结尾的。

0.jpg

最新评论

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表