找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问移动社区

搜索

【VOA常速】商业调查显示未来12个月内美国小型企业会面临招聘难窘境

发布者: Candy_hao | 发布时间: 2016-5-16 23:08| 查看数: 852| 评论数: 0|

This factory, these stores are the kinds of smallbusinesses that account for a significant part ofAmerica's economic activity.

Confidence by the owners of these stores andfactories is down as election year anxiety rises,according to a Bank of America's survey.

“It is really important because small-business ownerswalk a very fine line around profitability and if you think about what some of the biggestexpenses can be for a small-business owner, it can be taxes, it can be the minimum wage canhave a huge impact, and health care costs.

这间工厂及这些商店等小型企业在美国经济活动中具有举足轻重的作用。

而据美国银行的一份调查显示随着对美国总统大选年的担忧日渐上升,这些商店店主及工厂厂主们的信心大幅下降。

“总统选举真的非常重要,因为小企业主的利润很小,而对于这样的企业而言大的开销是税收,还有对我们产生很大影响的最低工资标准,还有医保开支。

So when you think about those three items, it could actually make or break a business.”

The call by both the leading Republican and Democratic presidential candidates to increase theminimum wage is especially worrying for small businesses, which are defined as companieshaving 100 employees or less.

Steve Hong, who owns a garment factory in Manhattan, opposes the city's mandate to raisethe minimum wage to 15 an hour by the end of 2018.

“I tried to give my workers a little bit of a raise every single year and most of my workersaverage about between 11 and 13 and that's probably, in this industry, one of the higher ones.

But now with the new law of 15 an hour minimum, you're raising the minimum from 8.75 to 15in three years, which is 80 percent.

I don't know how to sustain that. ”

当你考虑到这三项时,实际能够决定生意的成败。”

共和党和民主党领跑的总统候选人对提高最低工资标准呼吁让不到100名员工的小企业主甚感担忧。

在曼哈顿拥有一家服装公司的史蒂夫•何恩反对2018年底这座城市强制将最低工资标准提高到每小时15美元的标准。

“每年我都尽量为员工涨点工资,大多数员工的平均工资在11至13美元之间,而这在我们这个行业算高的了。

但现在随着最低时薪15美元的新法规即将出台,这就表示你要在3年内将从8.75美元升至15美元,涨幅近80%。

我不知道怎样去维持。”

Nearly three-quarters of small-business owners also worry about rising health care costs.

In fact, the survey shows 22 percent are postponing hiring, citing uncertainty regarding theelection and health care policy.

Chief Economist Tara Sinclair of the employment search engine indeed.com says radicallydifferent policies from the left and right create challenges for business.

“I do think that employers are really struggling to get a sense of how to make their hiring plansfor the long term in the current political environment because they are hearing very differentpotential economic policies and that makes it more challenging than any specific policy.

It's not knowing what the policy will be.”

And with some small businesses still struggling to recovering from the recession, the stakes forthe 26th presidential election loom a specially large.

近四分之三的小企业主同时还担心不断提高的医保费用。

实际上,这项调查显示22%的小企业主由于选举及医保政策的不确定性推迟雇佣新员工。

工作搜索引擎Indeed.com的首席经济学家塔拉•辛克莱尔表示左右两派截然不同的政策让这些小企业主面临难题。

“我认为现行的政治环境下,企业主们真的要在如何决定长期的雇佣计划间挣扎,因为他们听到的是截然不同的政策声音,这也使得经济政策的制定比其他特定政策更具挑战性。

具体会出台怎样的政策,仍然不得而知。”

“而且由于一些小型企业仍在努力从经济衰退中恢复,这就加大了第26届美国总统选举的风险。”

词汇解释

1.according to 根据

例句:Philip stayed at the hotel, according to MrHemming.

据亨明先生所说,菲利普住在旅馆里。

2.account for 对…负有责任

例句:Computers account for 5% of the country'scommercial electricity consumption.

计算机占去该国商业用电的5%。

3.health care 卫生保健

例句:The department said many countries had reciprocal agreements for health care withBritain.

该部门称许多国家和英国签订了医疗卫生互惠协议。

4.think about 想一想

例句:I'll have a think about that.

我会考虑考虑的。

最新评论

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表