找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问移动社区

搜索

Getting up early

发布者: zoe | 发布时间: 2006-5-25 11:19| 查看数: 8755| 评论数: 3|

Do you find getting up early in the morning so difficulf that it's painful? This might be called laziness, but Dr. Kleitman has a new explanation. He has proven that everyone has a daily energy cycle。
During the hours when you labor through your work you may say that you are "hot". That's ture. The time of day when you feel most energetic is when your cycle of body temperature is at its peak. For some people the peak comes during the forenoon。 For others it comes in the afternoon or evening. No one has discovered why it is so, but it leads to such familiar monologues as:"Get up, John! You'll be late for work again!" The possible explanation to the trouble is that John is at his temperature and energy peak in the evening. Much family quarrelling ends whe husbands and wives realize what these energy cycles mean, and which cycle each member of the family has.

最新评论

zoe 发表于 2006-5-25 11:55:35
lazy a.   
laziness   n.
explanation   n.解释
explain   v. 解释
explanate   adj.平坦的, 展开的
prove   v. 证明   proved  proven
provable   a.可证实
energy    n. 活力,精力
energetic  a. 精力充沛的
cycle   n./v. 周期,循环
labor   n./v. 工作,努力工作
temperature   n. 温度
temperament   n. 气质
peak    高峰
forenoon   n.午前,上午
fore   在...之前
lead to   导致
family  
familial  a. 家族的, 家庭的
familiar  a.常见的,熟悉的  n. 密友
familarity   n.亲密
monologue  n. 独白,独脚戏  自言自语  =monolog
monologuist  n 独白者, 自言自语者
quarrel   n.吵架, 反目, 怨言, 争吵的原因    vi.吵架, 争论, 挑剔
Toily 发表于 2006-5-27 10:08:19
I found it is difficult to get up early in the morning. as me, I want to get early for reading, but since I got a cold, I can't insist it any more, lazy to do anything. And the terrible weaher, rather difficult to do it.
but insist my mind, I will do it
zoe 发表于 2006-5-27 14:36:31
Dear Toily, take care of yourself.
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表