找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问移动社区

搜索

[原创] My Experience of Learning English

发布者: 芥末膏 | 发布时间: 2005-11-7 23:13| 查看数: 27860| 评论数: 20|

< align=center><B><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=5>My Experience of Learning English<o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></B>
<B><o:p><FONT face="Times New Roman"></FONT></o:p></B>
<FONT face="Times New Roman"><STRONG><FONT size=3>Hi, everybody, <o:p></o:p></FONT></STRONG></FONT>
<o:p><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3><STRONG></STRONG></FONT></o:p>
<FONT face="Times New Roman"><STRONG><FONT size=3>Like many of you, I didn’t pay much attention to my English study when I was in school. I thought as long as I could pass the test, my task of learning English would be finished. But is it really so? No, I was completely wrong.<o:p></o:p></FONT></STRONG></FONT>
<FONT face="Times New Roman"><STRONG><FONT size=3>After graduated, I started working as an office clerk. My job was to contact the foreign companies to follow up the materials we sent to them for repair. It was so hard a job to me since I almost had ZERO stock of vocabulary and kept nothing than A. B. C in my mind. But it’s the life I had to live back then, so I had to begin picking up the English book and gain a life from it. <o:p></o:p></FONT></STRONG></FONT>
<FONT face="Times New Roman"><STRONG><FONT size=3>At first, I was tied myself up with memorizing the new words. I began with 3000 vocabulary book and then 5000. It was a tough and boring work. Later I found even though I put very much time in it, the result was not comforting at all. Those words just wouldn’t stay in my brain. Later I got a book called “Two-way English”. It gives many simple daily talk sentences in the book, and people could listen to its tape to practice asking and answering questions. I found it very useful for oral English practice. After that, I also read an English teaching material written by Mr. Lai Shi Xiong, a Taiwanese English instructor who once studied in <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">U.S.</st1:place></st1:country-region>. Its content is as simple as Two-way English. Not many big words but provides many sample of using those simple words. Thanks to both books which really helped me build some sense about sentence structure in my head. My spoken English was improved.<o:p></o:p></FONT></STRONG></FONT>
<FONT face="Times New Roman"><STRONG><FONT size=3>And then it comes my favorite book: The Studio Classroom. It’s an English teaching magazine with tapes and MP3 available. You may ask: what’s special about this book? And what do you get from it? Well, I would say: too much. First, as a magazine, it contains many different stories and covers various areas. You can travel the world with the guide of the magazine, and you can be advised with many good tips for life and for becoming a successful man. The instructor on the tape or MP3 speaks pure beautiful American English which really set a good model for me to follow. I often listen to them on the road to work. When time goes by, I found not only my listening ability was gradually improved but my knowledge was expanded, too. <o:p></o:p></FONT></STRONG></FONT>
<FONT face="Times New Roman"><STRONG><FONT size=3>From so many years experiences of learning English, I would give every English lover some advice. They may not be good ones but at least I hope they could help you save some precious time and speed up the improvement progress. And finally, wish everybody good luck in learning English. <o:p></o:p></FONT></STRONG></FONT>
<FONT face="Times New Roman"><STRONG><FONT size=3>Sincerely yours,<o:p></o:p></FONT></STRONG></FONT>
<FONT face="Times New Roman"><STRONG><FONT size=3>James<o:p></o:p></FONT></STRONG></FONT>
<FONT face="Times New Roman"><STRONG><FONT size=3><st1:chsdate w:st="on" Year="2005" Month="11" Day="7" IsLunarDate="False" IsROCDate="False">2005/11/7</st1:chsdate><o:p></o:p></FONT></STRONG></FONT>
<FONT face="Times New Roman"><STRONG><FONT size=3>Advice:<o:p></o:p></FONT></STRONG></FONT>
<FONT face="Times New Roman"><STRONG><FONT size=3>1.        Learn new words from sentences. Don’t learn it as a single word. <o:p></o:p></FONT></STRONG></FONT>
<FONT face="Times New Roman"><STRONG><FONT size=3>Remember: When you use the word, you normally use it in a sentence. And when you speak, you speak in sentences. Right?<o:p></o:p></FONT></STRONG></FONT>
<FONT face="Times New Roman"><STRONG><FONT size=3>2.        Don’t read English silently. Speak up!!! <o:p></o:p></FONT></STRONG></FONT>
<FONT face="Times New Roman"><STRONG><FONT size=3>Remember: If you never talk in English, how come you could speak fluently? For example, if you only read from a book how to swim, can you really swim in the water? Definitely not.<o:p></o:p></FONT></STRONG></FONT>
<FONT face="Times New Roman"><STRONG><FONT size=3>3.        Don’t expect to learn too many words. The important thing is if you really master what you have learned. <o:p></o:p></FONT></STRONG></FONT>
<FONT face="Times New Roman"><STRONG><FONT size=3>Remember: When you talk to a foreigner, you don’t have several seconds to think what is the right word you’re going to use and how to pronounce it correctly. Maybe you only have 1000 vocabulary, but you can use them whenever you want, then you’re better than a guy who knows 5000 words but can hardly use them naturally.<o:p></o:p></FONT></STRONG></FONT>
<FONT face="Times New Roman"><STRONG><FONT size=3>4.        Don’t expect you could remember the English you learned forever. <o:p></o:p></FONT></STRONG></FONT>
<FONT face="Times New Roman"><STRONG><FONT size=3>Remember: Without practice often, the familiar words will be gone one by one. Don’t let them disappear. Read, listen and talk everyday no matter if it’s a five minutes practice or ten.</FONT></STRONG></FONT>
<FONT face="Times New Roman"><STRONG><FONT size=3></FONT></STRONG></FONT>
<FONT face="Times New Roman"><STRONG><FONT color=#ff0000 size=3>* Sorry, someone complained about the font size, so I enlarged it a little.*</FONT></STRONG></FONT>
[此贴子已经被Quickie于2005-11-13 10:36:05编辑过]

最新评论

soso 发表于 2005-11-10 10:22:03
Good stuff with great points. Thanks for sharing with us!
Cheers! <BR>soso
dashizihou 发表于 2005-11-10 19:25:47
BlueMask 发表于 2005-11-10 19:53:51
<FONT face=Verdana><STRONG>James bond.Those points are the truth of learning English.But I never let all of them come ture.And then my English is so poor.</STRONG></FONT>
<FONT face=Verdana><STRONG>Your reminded me.Thank you. I must wake up earlier and read some great articles louderly from now on!!!!</STRONG></FONT>
<FONT face=Verdana><STRONG>Bless me please.</STRONG></FONT>
<FONT face=Verdana><STRONG>Thanks you all.</STRONG></FONT>[em31]
xiyang209 发表于 2005-11-10 23:36:28
The letters are too small
haha
yama 发表于 2005-11-12 08:32:53
<FONT face="Times New Roman">Taiwanese!!!!!!!</FONT>[em03]
芥末膏 发表于 2005-11-12 10:19:05

Thanks Blue and everybody. Although it may sounds difficult to keep hard work on English everyday. But with your passion in English, I believe nothing could stop our improvement.

Quickie 发表于 2005-11-13 10:33:15
<STRONG>To the girl on 6th floor:</STRONG>
<STRONG>What does <FONT color=#ff0000>Taiwanese</FONT> have to do with this?</STRONG>
<STRONG>Could you please explain more?</STRONG>
[此贴子已经被作者于2005-11-13 10:36:51编辑过]

芥末膏 发表于 2005-11-13 20:15:49

Thanks, Quickie. I didn't know you're a wolf commander.
ANNY 发表于 2005-11-22 12:23:42
<FONT size=4><STRONG>Learn it in order to use it ,use it in order to improve our income</STRONG></FONT>
colinchang 发表于 2005-11-22 18:02:31
<FONT size=4><FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" color=#000000>Thank you very much for sharing your experiences with us.</FONT></FONT>
<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" color=#000000 size=4>I can't agree with you more,mustard plaster.And I have just got one more thing is that extensively reading is also very helpful for us to enlarge our vocabulary and familiarize the words and phrases we have ever seen or learned. For example we would better often read some english news and articles on miscellaneous websites overseas.</FONT>
<STRONG><FONT face=Verdana color=#61b713></FONT></STRONG>
July 发表于 2005-11-22 19:55:03
James Bond,i 'm so glad to see the articl,sometimes ,i want to send some articels which is my first write ,but i don't know how i can write it,today,i read your article,then ,i understand how to learn english and how to write a good article.thank you a lot.in the way,learning english,i'm a new person.my level is lower.so i want to study some from others.
芥末膏 发表于 2005-12-1 16:57:48
I haven't checked this topic for a while. But I'm not suprised to see there are over 200 people who have read this one.
It's always interesting to know how others to learn English and what're their successful ways to master it, isn't it?
I'll write more about the experience and hope to hear your own one.  
July 发表于 2005-12-16 17:44:32
<FONT size=4>everybody can do it,come on ,bond.</FONT>
franky 发表于 2005-12-22 23:08:51
i often remind myself that how important it is to learn english well,and often faint on the step of starting,lacking of perseverance persuade my pathetic mind  ,i really dont know how can  i  catch this foreign language... tks james ,ur experience encourage me ...
fantasy 发表于 2005-12-23 08:22:55
hehe,james ,u r so good,
i agree with u 1.2.4,and always tell many of my friends to learn english lilke that .
james ,u english is very excellent!
jessie 发表于 2006-3-5 18:11:19
Font size of this article is so small,but I still insist to read it all.
Thank u so much.[em23][em23]
samin 发表于 2006-3-6 13:16:07
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=2>good job,James,you show me a lot what I should learn English,and you make some focuses in your articles,I got them</FONT>
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=2>I have made progress a lot after I watched English drama,but I feel I was stop learning more now,your points make me clear that what I should do next step,thank you a lot,and thanks for yourjob,Q</FONT>
YYYY1998 发表于 2006-3-10 09:34:02
let 's get started !
nine 发表于 2006-3-13 17:17:38
good experience!but I always can't keep this constant learning,I lack the willpower.maybe it is sticking point of learning.[em03]
12下一页
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表